TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra KING Wedges

Awesome - I like the increased grind options and am a huge fan of bringing the snake emblem to the wedges...

I haven't gamed Cobra wedges before, but these are definitely intriguing.

Thoughts? What would it take to move you from your current wedge line-up?

2016-04-01_11-18-10.jpg

2.jpg

Nice to see most of the hosel is low vibration.  It's still a sh**k, but it feels good :)

I like the look, but at this point it would pretty much have to be free or a smoking deal to make me take the Scor's out of the bag.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

They look nice but I'm just too picky with wedges to ever pull the trigger on new ones. I'm still gaming the wedges I bought when I started playing. Hopefully I'll find some replacements

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

They feel great. I demoed them a few weeks ago and I was really impressed. Might pick up a set when it's time for new ones.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Look nice but I am a Roger Cleveland guy and have been for years.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

At the risk of getting flamed and beat up by hard-core Titleist fans....

Was in Aruba for a few days this past Feb, didn't want to travel with clubs so hired them there; shop there is a Titleist facility. Did not like the feel of the wedges .. to me actually did not have much feel at all...

One round there was a Cobra wedge in the bag they gave me and .. for me... had much better success and control with this one; liked the feel and response much better.

My $0.02...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hey cksurfdude, that is what this forum is all about....your $.02

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Was in Aruba for a few days this past Feb, didn't want to travel with clubs so hired them there; shop there is a Titleist facility. Did not like the feel of the wedges .. to me actually did not have much feel at all...

One round there was a Cobra wedge in the bag they gave me and .. for me... had much better success and control with this one; liked the feel and response much better.

My $0.02...

You won't find that here.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I received a GW (50*) and PW (45*) with my King F6 iron set. I had a hard time taking my SM5 50* out of the bag. The F6 wedges fly lower, and therefore feel more controllable. The SM 5s have a more solid feel, higher flight and more spin.

Right now, i am gaming the SM5, but the ability to hit wedges low is a new-found weapon for me. Today i hit the F6 PW intentionally low to clear some tree branches, and the ball came out just as aimed, a nice shot to the front edge.

They look nice but I'm just too picky with wedges to ever pull the trigger on new ones. I'm still gaming the wedges I bought when I started playing. Hopefully I'll find some replacements

You could send them off to Tiger Nick, $55/wedge, to refinish/chrome and regroove.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

You could send them off to Tiger Nick, $55/wedge, to refinish/chrome and regroove.

Dallas golf has nike wedges for cheap, Im leaning towards the engage wedges after getting to see them in person.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Dallas golf has nike wedges for cheap, Im leaning towards the engage wedges after getting to see them in person.

Have a buddy gaming the Engage wedges - he loves them!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Have a buddy gaming the Engage wedges - he loves them!

I'm thinking of bending a 50° to 52 to get a little more bounce

those are really good looking wedges imho

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I like the look of the tour trusty better. Has anyone tried them? They are only $100

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Hey cksurfdude, that is what this forum is all about....your $.02

Ha thx all; was a little tongue-in-cheek - did not really expect any nasty responses

Somewhat off-topic just ordered a set of King F6s down to the GW; itching with the wait for delivery and really looking forward to playing them!

Also a bit off the specific topic but while I was in the store testing also played around briefly with a new Mizuno blue ion wedge - very very very nice touch and feel on it (besides looking extremely cool)!!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Ha thx all; was a little tongue-in-cheek - did not really expect any nasty responses

Somewhat off-topic just ordered a set of King F6s down to the GW; itching with the wait for delivery and really looking forward to playing them!

Also a bit off the specific topic but while I was in the store testing also played around briefly with a new Mizuno blue ion wedge - very very very nice touch and feel on it (besides looking extremely cool)!!

Golf equipment is so good these days its really hard to buy something really bad.  More and more it comes down to personal preference and/or making sure you buy what's right for your game.  Are Vokey's good?  Absolutely and I've owned them in the past.  But they're not what I'm playing now.

I'm currently using a Ping Tour Gorge (56 bent to 55) along with the PW and Gap wedge in my i25 set. That was to get me started - I'd actually have room in my bag to add a club - was waiting until my swing improves. I'm getting to the point where consistency is coming and my distances and gaps are becoming measurable, so may soon look to reconfigure that part of my bag. I'm not dissatisfied with the Tour Gorge, but if reconfigure anyway I'm open to trying several different ones. 

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Id have to try them myself and see how they compare with my Nike wedges. I've just gotten so used to how these feel and so dialed in with them I don't know what I'll do when they wear out. Maybe these could be an option for the right price and performance.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I really like the look of the new King Wedges. I only wish they came in a raw finish. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Awesome - I like the increased grind options and am a huge fan of bringing the snake emblem to the wedges...

I haven't gamed Cobra wedges before, but these are definitely intriguing.

Thoughts? What would it take to move you from your current wedge line-up?

I have been gaming the SCOR wedges 49*/53*/57* for a year now and have really enjoyed them.  So much that i picked up a 41* & 45*.  Since they are no longer in production(they are now the Hogan irons) and i know I can't afford the new Hogans, I gambled on the 41* & 45*....Both came brand new and with the same shaft as my 49*/53*/57* (Genius 10) ......Although the 41* & 45* are 3/4" shorter than my Bio Cells, causing me to lose about 3-4 yards, they are deadly accurate.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, SurferDude, let us know how you like your King F6s when you get them. I got mine March 9th and have played almost every day with them. Once you start hitting every club 10 yards further, you won't want to go back, even if you know the lofts are jacked up. Who cares? You just hit 4 iron 215 yards!

Demoed these bad boys. They feel solid! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

I actually really like the cobra tour trusty wedges, but I don't like the s200 they came stock with, they had just the k grind, nice to see a new selection of grinds. A lot of people are following Mizuno (who I saw first doing this) of deeper narrower grooves in 48-55, and shallower wider grooves in 56-64.

I still hate the Orange...

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

My $0.02...

After coming from mizuno mp t5 wedges to vokey, I concur...

Liked the grind selection and the slight tweaks with updates. They are just familiar tbh

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, SurferDude, let us know how you like your King F6s when you get them.

Hey all -

Funny story (not); had worsening problems with left hip going into last Fall and had a procedure ("PRP") done ... then three months of phys therapy and was starting to feel better consistently and was able to get out and practice and play 9 and was starting to hit more consistently ... then the F6s arrived the same day I was out and screwed up the _right_ side hip....!

So they're still sitting in the box, in the garage, as I am back in PT and trying to be very careful ... ie. NO swinging yet....

Yes - I'm dying a little inside... ;-)

You just hit 4 iron 215 yards!

Ha! I wish! That was a figurative "you", right??? My 3-Hybrid maybe 215 on a good day on a dry downhill landing with some extra bounce and roll..!!

But yeah looking forward to hitting maybe a little further with the F6s but primarily looking for more accuracy plus consistency .... we'll see! Thx!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I actually really like the cobra tour trusty wedges, but I don't like the s200 they came stock with, they had just the k grind, nice to see a new selection of grinds. A lot of people are following Mizuno (who I saw first doing this) of deeper narrower grooves in 48-55, and shallower wider grooves in 56-64.

I still hate the Orange...

What's wrong with orange??  Go Beavs!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got to hit these last week, man they were nice. Easy to open up and perform a not too crappy flop shot. not sure which one it was though, didn't double check the grind

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I tried them out at demo days, they were ok, I'm sticking with my Vokeys between the two

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

• SPY VIP

I like the look of the tour trusty better. Has anyone tried them? They are only $100

A lot of subtle differences between new and old, plus the inclusion of multiple sole grinds. I'm a steep AoA  guy...what might traditionally be called a digger. The wide sole model was designed for guys like me. I've played a few rounds with the new version and what's most noticeable is the more rounded leading edge on the 2016 version. It definitely helps prevent digging in relation to the previous model.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived