Cobra KING Wedges

Awesome - I like the increased grind options and am a huge fan of bringing the snake emblem to the wedges...

I haven't gamed Cobra wedges before, but these are definitely intriguing.

Thoughts? What would it take to move you from your current wedge line-up?

I have been gaming the SCOR wedges 49*/53*/57* for a year now and have really enjoyed them.  So much that i picked up a 41* & 45*.  Since they are no longer in production(they are now the Hogan irons) and i know I can't afford the new Hogans, I gambled on the 41* & 45*....Both came brand new and with the same shaft as my 49*/53*/57* (Genius 10) ......Although the 41* & 45* are 3/4" shorter than my Bio Cells, causing me to lose about 3-4 yards, they are deadly accurate.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

• 3 weeks later...

Ha thx all; was a little tongue-in-cheek - did not really expect any nasty responses

Somewhat off-topic just ordered a set of King F6s down to the GW; itching with the wait for delivery and really looking forward to playing them!

Also a bit off the specific topic but while I was in the store testing also played around briefly with a new Mizuno blue ion wedge - very very very nice touch and feel on it (besides looking extremely cool)!!

Hey, SurferDude, let us know how you like your King F6s when you get them. I got mine March 9th and have played almost every day with them. Once you start hitting every club 10 yards further, you won't want to go back, even if you know the lofts are jacked up. Who cares? You just hit 4 iron 215 yards!
  • Like 1

Demoed these bad boys. They feel solid! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

I actually really like the cobra tour trusty wedges, but I don't like the s200 they came stock with, they had just the k grind, nice to see a new selection of grinds. A lot of people are following Mizuno (who I saw first doing this) of deeper narrower grooves in 48-55, and shallower wider grooves in 56-64.

I still hate the Orange...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

At the risk of getting flamed and beat up by hard-core Titleist fans....

Was in Aruba for a few days this past Feb, didn't want to travel with clubs so hired them there; shop there is a Titleist facility. Did not like the feel of the wedges .. to me actually did not have much feel at all...

My $0.02...

After coming from mizuno mp t5 wedges to vokey, I concur...

Liked the grind selection and the slight tweaks with updates. They are just familiar tbh

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, SurferDude, let us know how you like your King F6s when you get them.

Hey all -

Funny story (not); had worsening problems with left hip going into last Fall and had a procedure ("PRP") done ... then three months of phys therapy and was starting to feel better consistently and was able to get out and practice and play 9 and was starting to hit more consistently ... then the F6s arrived the same day I was out and screwed up the _right_ side hip....!

So they're still sitting in the box, in the garage, as I am back in PT and trying to be very careful ... ie. NO swinging yet....

Yes - I'm dying a little inside... ;-)

You just hit 4 iron 215 yards!

Ha! I wish! That was a figurative "you", right??? My 3-Hybrid maybe 215 on a good day on a dry downhill landing with some extra bounce and roll..!!

But yeah looking forward to hitting maybe a little further with the F6s but primarily looking for more accuracy plus consistency .... we'll see! Thx!!

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

I actually really like the cobra tour trusty wedges, but I don't like the s200 they came stock with, they had just the k grind, nice to see a new selection of grinds. A lot of people are following Mizuno (who I saw first doing this) of deeper narrower grooves in 48-55, and shallower wider grooves in 56-64.

I still hate the Orange...

What's wrong with orange??  Go Beavs!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got to hit these last week, man they were nice. Easy to open up and perform a not too crappy flop shot. not sure which one it was though, didn't double check the grind [emoji848]

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 05 (X)

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I tried them out at demo days, they were ok, I'm sticking with my Vokeys between the two

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

• SPY VIP

I like the look of the tour trusty better. Has anyone tried them? They are only $100

A lot of subtle differences between new and old, plus the inclusion of multiple sole grinds. I'm a steep AoA  guy...what might traditionally be called a digger. The wide sole model was designed for guys like me. I've played a few rounds with the new version and what's most noticeable is the more rounded leading edge on the 2016 version. It definitely helps prevent digging in relation to the previous model.

• Like 1

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

A lot of subtle differences between new and old, plus the inclusion of multiple sole grinds. I'm a steep AoA guy...what might traditionally be called a digger. The wide sole model was designed for guys like me. I've played a few rounds with the new version and what's most noticeable is the more rounded leading edge on the 2016 version. It definitely helps prevent digging in relation to the previous model.

Good stuff to know ... thx!!

• Like 1

..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Chksurfer, so sorry to hear about your hip. I have had a lot of sports injuries, and the main lesson i learned: don't go back to your sport too soon!

Tough to do for many of us. However, if you completely stand down and let things heal, you'll come back stronger, and ultimately faster, than if you keep on nagging an injury.

If your hip is more than sports-related, hope you get the treatment you need. Later, you may try Copper Compression shorts. I have a pair from Amazon.

Btw, I'm playing the King F6s and loving them. The F6 GW rolls out better than my SM5 50*, so the Vokey is out of the bag. I'm still learning to hit the F6 6, 5 and 4irons. They're just so long and i get excited and mishit them on the course. I'm working on my mechanics anyway, but am getting these irons dialed in. My driver ss is around 95-100. I hit the F6 4 iron 190 avg, 5i 180, 6i 170. I don't normally have that far into the greens on my second shots, but do occasionally. These irons are very controllable and feel great! You're gonna love 'em!

#Cobra #King #F6

Btw, I'm playing the King F6s and loving them.

You're gonna love 'em!

Yeah - can't wait!!!

(Got the 6-GW plus two adjustable hybrids)

And Thx for the all-too-rational and very good commonsense advice about being patient - I'm trying..!! Very light activity or exercise one day and take it easy the next.

And a little off the topic of Cobra wedges, but...

Did get PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy on the left side back in mid-Jan and still doing some PT for the muscles/ligaments on the right side. Also seeing a chiropractor who has a "pressure wave" machine that's supposed to promote healing in the joints and associated tissue; along with the acupuncturist in the same office.

It all seems to be helping -- along with taking it easy!

On those compression shorts: is that the brand, "Copper Compression", you're using? Seem to be a lot of clones / copycats and not clear what amount (if any) of actual copper thread they contain... Thx.

GaG -- Thx for that!!

(Actually need a Small, tho, which is currently n/a; sent a msg via company's website.)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Tour Trusty 54 that was gamed out and tried out the 56 King. Nice feel and sharp looking but couldn't get the spin I was used to with the TT. Played about 10 rounds with it and ended up selling it to a guy they paired me up with a few weeks ago and bought a MD3 to replace it. 

Don't regret it at all. Good feel and look but just couldn't get quite what I wanted in spin.

Cobra F7 10.5
2015 XR Deep 3 Wood 14* - Project X LZ 70 Red
Callaway Apex Pro Irons 6-PW C Taper 120 Stiff- Up 2.
Hogan FTW Hi 24,27 KBS Tour V Steel Stiff
Wedges:Callaway Mack Daddy 52 & 60
Putter:Rife Legend 2 bar 34"
Right Handed.
Richmond VA area (Moseley).
5.8USGA Handicap