TESTERS WANTED! ×

Unbelievable shots

JBones

I have hit a lot of amazing shots, but I've only made a few "unbelievable" shots. I bring this up, because yesterday, I had two unbelievable shots. I'll start with my oldest of the three.

402yd Par 4 - I bombed a drive down the left side, but into the trees. I only had 60yds left, but had to either punch out 20yds in front of the green or try a shot that only Phil could pull off. I was completely surrounded by pine trees and my ball was sitting on pine straw. About 15yds in front of me, there was a basketball size opening in the trees, that was perfectly lined with the pin. The opening was about 30' up, so I had to get my lob wedge up that quick and have the distance to get to the green. I lined up, took my swing, and the ball went right through the opening, one hopped and jumped in the hole for an eagle.

These two were from yesterday.

530yd Par 5 - I was 231yds out, having to hit a draw from the right trees to reach, with water left of the green. I decided to lay up about 40yds short with a 6 iron. When I hit it, I knew it was flush, so I just put my head down and started walking, when I hear my playing partners say "nice shot". I looked up and my ball was sitting 25' from the pin. I knew I hit it good, but who the hell carries a 6iron 230yds? I usually hit my 6iron 200yds; I don't know what happened, but I felt like a beast.

410yd Par 4 - I was sitting 168yds out, on the upslope of a small ditch (basically just created by the water draining off the fairway), with low hanging branches 5yds in front of me, and a huge tree 45yds out. I hit an 8iron that went under the low branches, then clipped the top of the big tree. I lost the ball as soon as it cleared the branches in front of me and didn't see it again until it landed 8' from the pin.

This'n takes me back a bit, LOL.

OK, Lake Hills GC, 1984, my senior year of High School. Number 6, par 4, 416 yds. Having driver issues, so I was playing 1-irons off the tees. Promptly stepped up and fanned my first tee-shot OB to the right. Drop another ball, hug the left side, hit it decent and I am sitting about 200 yds out. Pull out the 2-iron and stripe one right at the pin. Get to the green, no ball to be seen................it was in the cup. Best par I had all day.

Funniest part of that story? I had completely blocked it from my memory until I visited home, maybe 6 years ago. I had the chance to play the course again with my neighbor and when we finished, we stopped by the pro shop. To my amazement, the Head pro remembered me when I introduced myself and this story was the first thing out of his mouth, "You remember that 2-iron you knocked in for a par on 6?" We sat for a few and talked about the times that had passed. It was a great time and a great memory to have back.

Next!

LaMont in AZ

Great thread idea!

I had one of my best ever a couple weeks ago. I'd blown my tee shot through a dogleg and was on the back edge of the surrounding tree line. I had 195 yards to an uphill pin, trees in my way the whole way there, a creek and a steep greenside bunker to carry. The guys in my group were saying "you're toast, punch out" and I said, "nah, there's a gap there" and proceeded to hit my 24* hybrid through a 3' gap in the trees and draw it about 30' feet to stick it 10' from the pin! Having three witnesses made it almost perfect. Missing the birdie sucked though.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Ok, here is mine:

In our last high school match last fall, the last hole is a 360ish par four that goes way up the hill. I used to always hook it left onto the 1st hole, but most of last year I had been hitting flares to the right where there are a few bunkers, some long gnarly rough, and a few trees. In that very last match I hit a really bad one. Way off the heel, short, and slicing. It ended up under a tree and in the long rough. I had about 220, way uphill, and had no idea where the pin was. The clubhouse is behind that green, so the general rule of thumb there is to aim for a certain window. Luckily, my ball was sitting up pretty well, so I was able to get my hybrid on it. I hit it dead perfect on the center of the clubface and it flew so straight, IT HIT THE PIN!!! Unluckily I had 20 feet downhill left to right. And I three putted..............................

Playing Curlewis Open in Melbourne, Aus, Oct 2008. About 120mtrs (132yds)out on the 11th hole PW. DUNKED IT!, absolutely destroyed the front edge of the cup so much so they had to change the pin for the afternoon round. What a feeling, too bad about the other 79 shots! LOL.

In the bag:

Adams Insight tech A4 matrix ozik x80

Titleist 906f4 15.5

Adams Pro Gold 21

Ping i15 3 & 4 Iron

Ping s56 5-P

Vokey Custom TVD 55 & 61

Scotty Cameron 009 Tour Black Pearl

Titleist PROV1

Not really a shot but a whole hole http://www.cedarcrestgolfclub.net/course/hole9.html

Par 4 dog leg right 425 yards with water right ob left and right and uphill, tee shot u can either pay up straight in fairway with a 6- hybrid or go over some tree from the tee to put ur ball infront of the hole and cut the dogleg competely, i hit my first tee shot ob going for green re tee hitting 3, bomb one onto the back of the green and chip in for par, never have i seen a par on a par 4 with a ball going OB. I put a link up to the hole to show yall just how cool this was!!!!! by the way this is the number one handicaped hole on the course alot of risk reward here !!!!

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Hi, my name is Tiger Woods and I hit a ridiculous shot at #18 at Pebble Beach, slicing a banana ball 260 yards around a tree 20 yards in front of me to 20 feet from the pin. If on;y I made the eagle...

Hi, my name is Tiger Woods and I hit a ridiculous shot at #18 at Pebble Beach, slicing a banana ball 260 yards around a tree 20 yards in front of me to 20 feet from the pin. If on;y I made the eagle...

3rd hole par 3 at my home course about 150 yards, get up hit and it comes within 5 inches of the cup

I was a witness to this shot - not a participant.

I went to Methodist College where we had 300 soon to be professionals in the golf management program. Of this 300, 15 made the golf team. but usually we had anywhere from 5-11 returning from the year before. So there were really only 5 spots that you had to go thru a 36 hole PAT for stage 1, a 36 hole stage 2, then another 36 holes to make the team. for those who did not make the team in the fall, there was another way to get a guaranteed spot for the spring. we had 4 intramural tournaments held during each week during the fall semester, the top 16 in points at the end of the semester got into a match play round robin format 1 vs 16 etc. This match play event widdled its way down to the #1 seed vs the # 2 seed going head to head. Their match was all square going into the 18th hole. a 138yd par 3 with a landing area about 10 square feet. first guy misses the green right and into the bunker buried. Second guy puts it up there about 35 feet 2 tiers away. Bunker guy holes itohmy.gif dunno how, then the guy on green makes it on top of him!ohmy.gif even more mind blowing.

now the entire school is gathered around the 18th/

they go back to the tee box play a sudden death. bunker guy misses long high side this time, 2nd guy holes it for an ace! place went electric.

The guy went on in his last semester of his senior year in college to play a few tournaments which was very cool.

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

Archived