The OFFICIAL Masters Tournament Discussion Thread and Fantasy Preview

Our Sponsors

Well I want to say congrats to Danny Willet. He played his ass off today. -5 tied for low round of the last 3 days and was 2nd lowest round of the tournament. Sure Spieth had his stuff happen but someone still has to win it and that's what Willet did. A very deserving Masters champion.

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was on 16 for the ace by Kuch. Absolutely amazing.     Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

ProTracer of Dustin Johnson's Wednesday night...     Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

As long as it isn't Danny Willet. Anyone else is ok.

Posted Images

Danny Willet played well and won, but everyone is talking about the collapse, I don't see it as a collapse, I see it as one bad shot, it's been said all week, you are going to make mistakes here this week, that is what happened, he made one bad swing which lead to one more bad swing, he hit the same miss he has had all year long at the wrong time, after that hole I give him a lot of credit for fighting back and at least giving himself an opportunity until he missed birdie on 16, I will take Speith right now to win 2 of the next 4 masters tournaments. I don't want to take anything away from Willet, he played fantastic golf on the back nine and put some pressure on Speith, and didn't waiver down the stretch. This will be a huge learning experience for Speith, let see what he does with it.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Worst Master's collapse...Speith or Norman?

Norman coughed up six shots to start the round.

Speith coughed up 5 on the back 9.

My vote is Speith.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's is difficult to say, but I beleive it was Normans, Jordan essentially hit 2 bad shots that cost him the tourney, Norman went from bad on the first hole to worse, to awful, to let's just end it already.

1 putts don't make much difference when there for a quad......

that's true, but one incorrect club choice can hurt, it would have been the putting that made the difference, but when you are trying to hit 20 feet left of a pin, and you hit it 20 feet right and 15 feet short, and then try to hit a perfect shot, you end up with a bad hole. Willett played well and earned a win, this is golf.

Spieth looks to me like somethings wrong, I thought it throughout - but was genuinely surprised by how big a mental lapse he had.

He made some awful swings in all 4 rounds (and Kors right) his putting saved him, if this had been a US Open he wouldn't have had shots from some of the wides he hit. He wouldn't have been in contention.

The shot into the par 3 was awful, that's was a mental thing - didn't commit, didn't seem to trust the club in his hand. The shot from the drop zone, that can happen to any player.

Anyway, it's right to focus on Willett - great win for him and nice to have an Englishman in the Green Jacket again. We also had Westwood, Carey, rose and Fitzpatrick there or there abouts which was pleasing.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Interesting to follow the commentary after the fact.

For example we now know that the shot on 12 was both a mental and a physical error - Spieth had no need to shoot at that pin and he did rather than play 30 left of the pin where the worst thing that would happen would be bunker long or short.  I believe his collapse was worse because he is a far superior player to Norman - he's 22 and he already has won as many majors - Norman's was the last of a long series of predictable and consistent results.

I agree with Westy that something is up and that was a great call BTW - great call ahead of time.  Of late Spieth has been griping at his caddie about missed putts, clubbing choices and seemingly other things.  That's never a good sign.  But again he's 22.  He will need to sit down and figure this one out.

I disagree with those who think that in future years people will talk about Spieth's collapse and not Willet as the winner.  Willet will get his due as he should.  Mize is remembered for the chip in even though two of the world's great players effectively handed him the tournament.  So it will be for Willet.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Spieth's collapse began on #10.  He bogeyed 5 but then came back with 4 straight birdies, and a 5 shot lead.  I could see it when he teed off on #10; he started to play it safe.  He hit 3W and not a good one; didn't get up the hill.  His third shot was a good one, one of his decent iron shots, but a missed par putt shook his confidence.  And then Willet was making a move which started to put pressure on Jordan to make good shots... and he didn't.  Congrats to Danny Willet for putting himself in contention to win.  It only takes one bad shot to lose, and I think this is a great learning experience for Spieth.  How many tournament losers have there been where the leader decided to start playing a game different from the one that got them there?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Patron burns Bubba; Bubba burns patron right back
April 9, 2016, 6:56 pm

il

Bubba Watson had an interesting exchange with a patron at the 10th hole Saturday at theMasters Tournamentaccording to the Shreveport Times.

After slicing his drive into the woods, the Times recounted this exchange:

“Can you back up, you're really not supposed to be back here,” he said.

“Neither is your ball,” the fan said.

“I don't know about you, but I have two green jackets,” said Watson, before his pitched back into the fairway. “Thanks for coming.”

Watson, who famously won the 2012 Masters by hitting a remarkable approach out of the trees on the opposite side of the 10th hole, bogeyed the hole Saturday en route to a 4-over 76.

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

What a sad story that Foz has provided for us - assuming that's exactly what transpired.  For starters there are marshals and a caddie to interact with fans - the player should never being doing that in tournament play beyond a polite nod. 

That interaction lets us know why Bubba didn't contend this week.

• Like 1

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Please tell me you did what you said and put that money on Spieth lol

Man I'm glad I didn't do that lol

• Like 1

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

What a sad story that Foz has provided for us - assuming that's exactly what transpired. For starters there are marshals and a caddie to interact with fans - the player should never being doing that in tournament play beyond a polite nod.

That interaction lets us know why Bubba didn't contend this week.

Bubba has done that before. Just the guy he is, the story makes it seem like he was being rude but it could have all been in jest with the fan. Context is everything.

http://youtu.be/BSKw8Kpnk0s

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I totally agree Mr. Theo that's why I wrote, "assuming that's exactly what transpired." 

I've been quoted by the press before.

• Like 3

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

He struggled for weeks, and it mentally wore him out you could see it, if it wasn't at 12, maybe it would have been 15, or 17, Westy was right you could see that mentally he was fighting, but what I look at in this is that even at this happened he pulled up his pants, and gave it his best shot to come back from it, he didn't dissappear and go 4 or 5 over on the last 6 holes he fought. You could see at the end of the round he was mentally done, and you have to give Danny Willett a lot of credit, he fought and fought hard to put some pressure on, and it won him the tournament, we can add another young player to the mix, how good is the game with all these young people out there.

• Like 1

Man I'm glad I didn't do that lol

The only person whose heart would have dropped more than yours woulda been Spieth haha

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

I think John Cook had the best statement, not word for word but this is he gist of it, "this is Sunday at Amen Corner, at the Masters." I agree, this is not he first or last time this will happe.

All of the headlines are about Spieth losing and Willett winning the Masters, but no one has mentioned another close call by Lee Westwood.  He has long been considered "one of the best players without a major."  Another victim of the Tiger years.  Again it was close, this time beaten by another Englishman.  Now in his 40's with so many young golfers on the scene, including Englishmen Willett and Andy Sullivan, he might not get many more chances.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

All of the headlines are about Spieth losing and Willett winning the Masters, but no one has mentioned another close call by Lee Westwood. He has long been considered "one of the best players without a major." Another victim of the Tiger years. Again it was close, this time beaten by another Englishman. Now in his 40's with so many young golfers on the scene, including Englishmen Willett and Andy Sullivan, he might not get many more chances.

Westwood is giving up his PGA tour card and moving back to England because he's going through a divorce at the moment. So we might not see him at the US Open or the PGA so even less chances for him.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• 11 months later...

Welcome to Masters Week! What's the gibberish about this year? Who are your Winners and who are your "Hopefuls"? Will Willet repeat? Can DJ run the table and stay #1?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

DJ is hot as a pistol, I think he wins.  With the weather here in Georgia I think the thunderstorms will win the Par 3. 

• Like 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here