Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

A quick hello to my MGS pals.

NiftyNiblick

Hi, guys.

Hope everybody is ok.

I'm not around much these days because

1. it's politics season

2. I'm a political junkie

3. this is not the place to manifest that affliction.

I've been spending most of my time on MSNBC, a little bit on CNN, and as long as I have an empty stomach, I even peek in on Fox.  The whole thing is giving me a massive headache, not to mention an acid torn stomach, and yet I cannot avert my eyes. 

I've been this way since at least 1952.  I missed '48 because I was two years old and because we got our first TV  in 1949.  I remember it being smaller than my 70" flat screen.--by about 58".  

Anyway, take care people. We even have a small shot at living through all of this.

I suggest you spend more time here Niffty. Life's too short to let all those crooks ruin your day.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Good to hear from you Nifty.....Ah politics, especially with this oncoming train wreck of elections, I can see how one can't avert the eyes. I appreciate your separation of golf and politics, it could get veeeeeeery heated. I always let my patients know in my clinic that I won't discuss political matters because it gets too dicey. 

Anywho, how's the back doing? able to swing a least a little?

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Nifty, if you're not on MGS, then we won't have anyone of substance to chat with......BTW, in 1959, our next door neighbor got a color TV, so we would go next door and watch the Wonderful World of Disney on sunday nights. Otherwise, I believe my Grandparents had a 30" Philco B&W.....Life was very good in the 50's.

We got our first color TV in 1964......it had a soundwave activated remote control....and everytime my dog (german shepherd0 walked thru the living room, his metal choker chain changed the channel on the TV....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

They are all cheats and liars.  To quote Richard Nixon:  "I am not a crook."

I was the tv control up until I moved out of the house; "Kenny change the channel... turn up the volume."  BTW, that was in 1969.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nifty thanks for checking in - I was wondering about you.  I enjoy reading about the political stuff far more than watching it.  I have a dear friend who is a sports writer (big time - he's won a Pulitzer prize) - He goes bezerk over the politics so much so that he can't sleep at night.  He writes for the Hartford Courant BTW - Desmond Conner covers UConn football and Basketball.

At any rate take care of yourself and please stop by more often.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nifty, if you're not on MGS, then we won't have anyone of substance to chat with......BTW, in 1959, our next door neighbor got a color TV, so we would go next door and watch the Wonderful World of Disney on sunday nights. Otherwise, I believe my Grandparents had a 30" Philco B&W.....Life was very good in the 50's.

We got our first color TV in 1964......it had a soundwave activated remote control....and everytime my dog (german shepherd0 walked thru the living room, his metal choker chain changed the channel on the TV....

Foz, obviously you misspoke here.  Clearly, you meant to say, "then we'll have one less person of substance to chat with...."  You must have been texting while posting.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

My back feels as good as it still can get at this point, but I've other impediments which  appeared in my scores last season.   The ulnar and median nerves in my left arm are screwed up a little bit.  No worries--they can't be that bad if I can still type! 

As for the politics, I always received criticism for being an ideology voter instead of a more pragmatic personal attributes voter.  Now, however, it's more ok than ever to be an ideology voter..

Due to their dedication to not allowing despots to become empowered, the founding fathers deliberately gave us the most inefficient form of government ever conceived, up until then and up until now.  Once a democratic republic proved to be plausible, other true democracies were formed with a far more efficient  parliamentary form of government.

Now, however, the two major parties are so starkly polarized that what was originally conceived as an inefficient form of government has become a totally dysfunctional form of government.  Might as well vote for the dude or broad who says what you like. Nothing is ever going to get done anyway! 

I am personal proof.  My initiative to restore 1950s loft/club number correlations can't even get a congressional hearing!

Its not popular Nifty. Who wants to hit a 7 iron 130? :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Its not popular Nifty. Who wants to hit a 7 iron 130? :)

Liberals?

Okay, okay, I'll stop.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

My 1977 Spalding 9-iron was 46º and that's what I used to hit 135 yards when I was an 8, Rev.

The fact that I could still hit my last 9-iron 135 yards in my late 60s (with a broken back) meant that obviously, it wasn't a real 9-iron! Then I got the Hogans with no numbers and stopped thinking about it.

In any case, I'll have to ask Rachel Maddow what she thinks of all this. I usually get my best info from her these days.

Remember that I began playing under a somewhat standard loft system from OEM as well as a standard S/R from shafts.  But things change Nifty - they just do.  Irons, regardless of the category are easier to hit because they are perimeter weighted and also have a far lower COG - the fact is that if you used the old lofts you would launch the ball too high and loose distance and more importantly control - the jacked lofts help a 9 iron perform more like a 9 iron rather than less.  Of course they go farther but in the end who cares?  So long as I know how far I hit each club in my bag I'm all set.

It is what it is my friend. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Things (and apparently human bodies) do indeed change, Rev.  Here I am, with golf essentially behind me, and I'm still railing about the "new" lofts, even though they've been here since 1990 and before. 

Obviously, it must be fun for me, even as my broken record railings annoy almost everybody else. And at the end, I got my satisfaction.  My last set of irons didn't have modern number stampings, mainly because they had no club numbers at all!

One note, however. No modern irons have a lower center of gravity than old Browning 440s and Spalding Executives from the late 70s.  Their sole weighting was extreme beyond anything we see now.  The Executives, in fact, had no hosels at all in order to lower the cg even further. They're right there on Google Images.

However, they weren't designed to hit balata-covered wound Titleists.  They were designed to hit original Top Flites, 100 compression solid cores with hard, thick surlyn covers, which had bullet-like flat trajectories unknown with modern balls. 

executive 8-iron.bmp

Oh yes I remember the club's and balls well.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived