Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New 2016 Scotty Camerons Released

~^~

I have been getting multiple emails from Titleist and Golfsmith with pictures of the new Scotty Cameron models for 2016. They look sweet! Now I can't get them out of my head. I know if i go over to the store and start hitting them, I'll buy one for $400! They say, if you pay $500 for a driver you use maybe 14 times per round, why not pay $400 for a club you'll use twice as much and to score with? Do any of you think the Scotty Camerons made much difference in your game, and if so, why and how?

I love my Cameron. I have had over 60 Camerons yes I had a bit of a problem for awhile. I have had my current putter in the bag for 3 years. I might take it out everyonce in awhile to used my Craze putter. but those are the only 2 putter I use anymore.

As far as making me better I am not sure but commiting to 1 putter and practicing with it consistently has made a difference.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Leo, yes, i upgraded to my Oddessey Versa Tank a year ago, my first putter change in about 4 years. I had the Oddessey Mini Marxman during that time, and an Oddessey 2-Ball for about 5 years before that. I agree you need to develop familiarity with a putter's feel to be consistent. However, sometimes a change heightens awareness of feel.

I think I'm used to a insert putter. Anyway, a Cameron is just a piece of milled steel, right?

The new Camerons have a Milled Aluminum Face insert.

Snell MTB-X

The 2016 Scotty Cameron M2 putter is sweeeeet. I'll need to wait until I can get a used one for less because I can't afford one at those prices. I have a Scotty Cameron Stainless Studio Newport 2 and haven't found a putter yet that could match it yet in feel and performance. But, this M2 looks pretty darn close.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Rolled the M2 today as well as the Notchback. Both felt solid with a nice soft roll off the face.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Call or email GolfUSA and talk to David about buying one if you're interested.  See if he can work any magic for you on them if you're interested in buying one.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I got the Newport 2 dual balance last year and yes it has helped a ridiculous amount. Probably not the fact its a scotty but more the fact its counter balanced. Has helped my consistency a ton.

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

I picked one up because I love the simplicity of it. From the headcover to the bottom of the putter...simple and no fancy script or shapes.

I personally didn't think it was any softer than years previous but on looks along...sweet! I think a good add what the site line on the Newport model.

My Bag:

Stolen clubs....in between!   

Lots of guys at the club are hard core Scotty guys, but I don't see any difference in any putter from ping, odyssey, Cleveland, Scotty, I'm sure they are all made differently but for me and my putting, there is no difference.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

As a non Scotty guy. Please explain what makes them great.

I've tried them and they putt crooked just like my odyssey and Nike. Is it the cool head covers?

I just don't get it.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I've tried them and they putt crooked just like my odyssey and Nike. Is it the cool head covers?

I just don't get it.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

In all honesty I just think its a cool putter. I really like the new Nike's though. They feel great. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

I just don't get it.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Honestly, when I listen to Spieth talk about how much he loves his putter, that's how I feel about mine. I've changed the look a few times with paintfill, but I just love everything about my Studio Stainless...it looks great, feels great and has a solid roll. I don't think a Cameron is objectively any better than anything else, especially dollar for dollar, but if you buy into the Scotty mentality, as a lot of us do, that they're just really beautiful flatsticks, then you'll be confident standing over the ball. That's really what it comes down to. 

Titleist 910D2 9.5 | PX HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow 75
Titleist 915F 16.5* | Aldila Rogue Black 80
Srixon Z U65 20* | Mitsubishi OT 105
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4 | Project X LZ 6.0
Mizuno MP-15 5-P | Project X LZ 6.0
Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.10S | TT DG S200

Vokey SM7 58.12D | TT DG S200
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 350g

View mines on my INSTAGRAM or TWITTER:

Cf3P3z_VAAAFnan.jpg Cf3P30bUYAA2Yxg.jpg

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Sweet looking putter with 3 cherries. Now you gotta make it work hard for the money!

Indeed! 

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

I haven't touched a 2016 yet, but I'm a BIG SC fan!  The feel, the sound...Bettinardi is the only option even close in my opinion!

That said, I've recently adopted a new terrible habit of shutting the face on my Squareback.  Anyone try different weights in their Cameron to address such a situation?I

suppose I could just practice...

Taylor Made M3 driver

Callaway Rogue 3+ fairway

Srixon 565 4, 6-A

Titleist H1 4 and 6 hybrids

Vokey 54 and 58

I haven't touched a 2016 yet, but I'm a BIG SC fan!  The feel, the sound...Bettinardi is the only option even close in my opinion!

That said, I've recently adopted a new terrible habit of shutting the face on my Squareback.  Anyone try different weights in their Cameron to address such a situation?I

suppose I could just practice...

I experiment with different weights on my Select Newport 2, more weight towards the toe to help me close it. Helps me out. But yeah practice is always the best option. HAHA

My buddy bought a 34' and 35" Newport 2. I rolled a few with it before or round and sunday and it was pretty good. The sound was odd to me but the feel was great. Still nothing I would replace my buttonback with.

Snell MTB-X

I have a SC Newport (2014) which I was fit for by a certified Titileist fitter (and on a day when a SC rep brought all the models out). I've hit a bunch of epic putts with it and think it's a really good putter. However, one thing about the Newport 2014 is that it has no aim line. The pro fit me for it because he thought I made a more free flowing putting stroke without the line. The 2016 Newport now has a sight line which means I won't be changing to it. Which is probably just as well.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

I play a Scotty, so I feel comfortable saying that they are well made, attractive, and in a few cases there is tech built in.  However, I compare them to tech stocks in the 90's.....extremely over-valued .  Having said that, I also think that appearance and confidence are important to putting.  So  if an expensive putter helps you drop putts then sweet!  

As a hobbyist metalworker (and club re finisher) I admire his craftsmanship and ingenuity.  But most of all his marketing.  I mean come on fellas, hundreds of dollars for a head cover???  Thousands for a putter with crudely welded neck?  Say this out loud: "gem encrusted sight-line"  Now imagine saying that in front of your buddies over a beer in the clubhouse.  

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

This is purely my opinion, feel free to counter, But......

I can admit that SC's got some beautiful designs, especially some of these 2 tone metals in the 2016 lineup, but if gonna spend that kind of money, I'd rather get something a little more unique from a smaller putter company, that is made custom for me.

I've never used one, so I can't comment on their feel, sound and roll, but I find it a little crazy how some obsess and drool over them.

Especially with the Circle T, it's a friggin stamp people!! Most are just the stock model with an extra stamp and paint fill and 300% mark up on a putter that's already overpriced by about 1-200%.

What the hell does Tour Only even mean? Tighter specs? Hand made? Does the USGA have to approve each of these custom, hand made tour only putters to make sure they fall within the rules?

If it really was for "pros only" or "tour only" we, the golfing public, likely wouldn't have access to it, even if your cousin works on the tour van.

Now, If the machinist/designer themselves personally earthed, smelted, poured, formed, milled and ground the putter head, then yes, I could see paying $2000 for it.

Are putters one of, if not the most important club in your bag, worth investing into?? Absolutely!

But some of this SC religion is just crazy......to me.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I won a gift certificate in a tourney and purchased my Futura with it.  I really like the balance of it.  I purchased a SS Newport 2.5.  It was a very nice putter, but I decided that if I was going to play a putter of that type I would pay homage to the creator and play an Anser.  Imo Rife makes the best milled putters.  I don't own one, and I don't see the need to.  But Rife's Guerin master milled putters are something to behold.  Solely from a metalworker's standpoint they are masterful.  If I was going to drop a few bills on a putter it would be a Guerin.  Look them up, and tell me something Scotty makes that is that cool and in that price range...

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

This is purely my opinion, feel free to counter, But......

I can admit that SC's got some beautiful designs, especially some of these 2 tone metals in the 2016 lineup, but if gonna spend that kind of money, I'd rather get something a little more unique from a smaller putter company, that is made custom for me.

I've never used one, so I can't comment on their feel, sound and roll, but I find it a little crazy how some obsess and drool over them.

Especially with the Circle T, it's a friggin stamp people!! Most are just the stock model with an extra stamp and paint fill and 300% mark up on a putter that's already overpriced by about 1-200%.

What the hell does Tour Only even mean? Tighter specs? Hand made? Does the USGA have to approve each of these custom, hand made tour only putters to make sure they fall within the rules?

If it really was for "pros only" or "tour only" we, the golfing public, likely wouldn't have access to it, even if your cousin works on the tour van.

Now, If the machinist/designer themselves personally earthed, smelted, poured, formed, milled and ground the putter head, then yes, I could see paying $2000 for it.

Are putters one of, if not the most important club in your bag, worth investing into?? Absolutely!

But some of this SC religion is just crazy......to me.

I obviously like just about all putters but do actually like a lot of the Circle T's quite a bit. Right now I have a GoLo centershaft weld neck in chromatic bronze with a smoked shaft and leather grip and a Circa 62 bullet bottom that is hand stamped. Neither are exactly stock putters with a stamp. I would say that these are more unique than the TP Mills that is 1 of 1 or my Bettinardis that came from Studio B. To each their own but there is a market for the club's otherwise they would not sell the way that do.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Very True.

i know some of the circle T's are much more customized/specialized than just stock with a stamp, But when I see some that are very plain, but have the magical circle T stamp, and selling for $1500,+ it boggles my mind.

people can spending their $$$ how they want, ( which I guess can contradict this post), but sometimes it just seems crazy to me.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Very True.

i know some of the circle T's are much more customized/specialized than just stock with a stamp, But when I see some that are very plain, but have the magical circle T stamp, and selling for $1500,+ it boggles my mind.

people can spending their $$$ how they want, ( which I guess can contradict this post), but sometimes it just seems crazy to me.

I agree with you McaseyM that all the hype about circle t is a stamp. 

Scotty Cameron has never shied away from saying that circle T is for people that can say 'money is no object'. It's like any luxury item in this world, people wonder why others buy expensive bags, expensive clothes, or expensive cars, which there are comparative products that cost half the price. It's just way to limit the amount of people getting the more exclusive items so they feel as part of an upper echelon. Honestly, if a person can say 'money is no object' then why not spend the 2,000 on a circle T. But for us normal folk, I can go with the standard stuff minus the extra stamp. 

I just want him to bring back the studio style, such a great blade but too light for my taste. The newer lines have just felt more, hollow? Though the original futura is still my favorite Sc because it is just too good on fast greens!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I just want him to bring back the studio style, such a great blade but too light for my taste. The newer lines have just felt more, hollow? Though the original futura is still my favorite Sc because it is just too good on fast greens!

Which studio? I'm still in the hunt for the Studio Design with the chameleon style colors that change in the sunlight! 

Anyone like the new stock grips on the scottys? The departure from the stock pistolini. 

Archived