Sign in to follow this  
~^~

New 2016 Scotty Camerons Released

I have been getting multiple emails from Titleist and Golfsmith with pictures of the new Scotty Cameron models for 2016. They look sweet! Now I can't get them out of my head. I know if i go over to the store and start hitting them, I'll buy one for $400! They say, if you pay $500 for a driver you use maybe 14 times per round, why not pay $400 for a club you'll use twice as much and to score with? Do any of you think the Scotty Camerons made much difference in your game, and if so, why and how?

I love my Cameron. I have had over 60 Camerons yes I had a bit of a problem for awhile. I have had my current putter in the bag for 3 years. I might take it out everyonce in awhile to used my Craze putter. but those are the only 2 putter I use anymore.

As far as making me better I am not sure but commiting to 1 putter and practicing with it consistently has made a difference.

• Like 1

Leo, yes, i upgraded to my Oddessey Versa Tank a year ago, my first putter change in about 4 years. I had the Oddessey Mini Marxman during that time, and an Oddessey 2-Ball for about 5 years before that. I agree you need to develop familiarity with a putter's feel to be consistent. However, sometimes a change heightens awareness of feel.

I think I'm used to a insert putter. Anyway, a Cameron is just a piece of milled steel, right?

The new Camerons have a Milled Aluminum Face insert.

Two models have 6061 aircraft aluminum inserts. The rest have 303 stainless steel.

But I haven't been reading about them.

• Like 1

The 2016 Scotty Cameron M2 putter is sweeeeet. I'll need to wait until I can get a used one for less because I can't afford one at those prices. I have a Scotty Cameron Stainless Studio Newport 2 and haven't found a putter yet that could match it yet in feel and performance. But, this M2 looks pretty darn close.

Rolled the M2 today as well as the Notchback. Both felt solid with a nice soft roll off the face.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Call or email GolfUSA and talk to David about buying one if you're interested.  See if he can work any magic for you on them if you're interested in buying one.

• Like 1

I got the Newport 2 dual balance last year and yes it has helped a ridiculous amount. Probably not the fact its a scotty but more the fact its counter balanced. Has helped my consistency a ton.

I picked one up because I love the simplicity of it. From the headcover to the bottom of the putter...simple and no fancy script or shapes.

I personally didn't think it was any softer than years previous but on looks along...sweet! I think a good add what the site line on the Newport model.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Lots of guys at the club are hard core Scotty guys, but I don't see any difference in any putter from ping, odyssey, Cleveland, Scotty, I'm sure they are all made differently but for me and my putting, there is no difference.

• Like 3

As a non Scotty guy. Please explain what makes them great.

I've tried them and they putt crooked just like my odyssey and Nike. Is it the cool head covers?

I just don't get it.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

• Like 3

I've tried them and they putt crooked just like my odyssey and Nike. Is it the cool head covers?

I just don't get it.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

In all honesty I just think its a cool putter. I really like the new Nike's though. They feel great. 

I just don't get it.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Honestly, when I listen to Spieth talk about how much he loves his putter, that's how I feel about mine. I've changed the look a few times with paintfill, but I just love everything about my Studio Stainless...it looks great, feels great and has a solid roll. I don't think a Cameron is objectively any better than anything else, especially dollar for dollar, but if you buy into the Scotty mentality, as a lot of us do, that they're just really beautiful flatsticks, then you'll be confident standing over the ball. That's really what it comes down to. 

• Like 1

Sweet looking putter with 3 cherries. Now you gotta make it work hard for the money!

• Like 2

I haven't touched a 2016 yet, but I'm a BIG SC fan!  The feel, the sound...Bettinardi is the only option even close in my opinion!

That said, I've recently adopted a new terrible habit of shutting the face on my Squareback.  Anyone try different weights in their Cameron to address such a situation?I

suppose I could just practice...

I haven't touched a 2016 yet, but I'm a BIG SC fan!  The feel, the sound...Bettinardi is the only option even close in my opinion!

That said, I've recently adopted a new terrible habit of shutting the face on my Squareback.  Anyone try different weights in their Cameron to address such a situation?I

suppose I could just practice...

I experiment with different weights on my Select Newport 2, more weight towards the toe to help me close it. Helps me out. But yeah practice is always the best option. HAHA

• Like 1

My buddy bought a 34' and 35" Newport 2. I rolled a few with it before or round and sunday and it was pretty good. The sound was odd to me but the feel was great. Still nothing I would replace my buttonback with.