Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Tiger's "apology" ... did you buy it?

Moecat

In my strictly personal opinion, I think he's sorry that he got caught ... and that's about it.

What about the rest of you ... what did you make of Tiger's apology?

I feel no matter how he did his apology there would have been criticism. He's damned if he does and he's damned he don't, also I never heard of anyone apologizing before they got caught. That would be like honey I'm sorry for when I go out this weekend and decide to bang a hooker... SORRY. Also how do we know that his wife didn't catch him before and he already apologized to Elin a year ago or 6 months ago. It just happened that this time there was a story that led to all this investigation and prying. I just don't know how his wife wouldn't notice somethings wrong if he screwed as many people for as long as they say this has been going on.... come on. three years and banging 10-15 woman, I know my wife would sniff that out. We all know when a girl friend or significant other is doing the whole state and a couple other states, no matter who we are we all have intuition!!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

You are right most people dont apologize until they get caught but if you really feel bad about something you will...therefore most apologies that happen after you get caught are generally just to get your tail out of a dog house.

And I feel if she knew about this already 100% then why go through his phone and call these women the night before it happens? If you already know there is really no need to call to confirm.

I feel no matter how he did his apology there would have been criticism. He's damned if he does and he's damned he don't, also I never heard of anyone apologizing before they got caught. That would be like honey I'm sorry for when I go out this weekend and decide to bang a hooker... SORRY. Also how do we know that his wife didn't catch him before and he already apologized to Elin a year ago or 6 months ago. It just happened that this time there was a story that led to all this investigation and prying. I just don't know how his wife wouldn't notice somethings wrong if he screwed as many people for as long as they say this has been going on.... come on. three years and banging 10-15 woman, I know my wife would sniff that out. We all know when a girl friend or significant other is doing the whole state and a couple other states, no matter who we are we all have intuition!!

#TruthDigest

I just don't know how his wife wouldn't notice somethings wrong if he screwed as many people for as long as they say this has been going on.... come on. three years and banging 10-15 woman, I know my wife would sniff that out.

I'm pretty sure it was more than 10-15. About 18 are confirmed. Who knows how many haven't come forward ... hundreds?

I just gotta wonder the guy got married in the first place.

I'm pretty sure it was more than 10-15. About 18 are confirmed. Who knows how many haven't come forward ... hundreds?

Seriously if I was him and wanted to bang everything that wasn't tied down or maybe was tied down, not getting married would have made this all no problem! I think it had to do with what Nike wanted him to represent and maybe he was trying to please others like his Dad. I don't have the answer, but he surely should have never gotten married if this is what he wanted to do.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Bingo Moecat...why get married. But then again a lot of people get married for the wrong reasons.

#TruthDigest

Bingo Moecat...why get married. But then again a lot of people get married for the wrong reasons.

I'm sure one of his people suggested that being married with kids would help him attract more sponsors and more $$$.

If that crony still has a job, then I'm in the wrong racket for sure!!! :lol:

I dont buy it, and I dont think he will stop, I just think he will be more careful from know on.

as for the speech, it was about as bad as he could have done, it looked like a funeral, he came across like he had a chip on his shoulder and he spoke as if he was a 6th grader giving a book report.

I thought it would have been better if he had not read it off paper. The only major issue that shocked me was when he said he had a sense of entitlement to everything he did. I realize that he was being honest, but I would have probably left that out.

In my strictly personal opinion, I think he's sorry that he got caught ... and that's about it.

What about the rest of you ... what did you make of Tiger's apology?

To me it seemed very carefully rehearsed and very carefully planned. Most emotions that he showed seemed forced. It seemed like this was more a part of his rehabilitation process than an actual apology.

You are right most people dont apologize until they get caught but if you really feel bad about something you will...therefore most apologies that happen after you get caught are generally just to get your tail out of a dog house.

And I feel if she knew about this already 100% then why go through his phone and call these women the night before it happens? If you already know there is really no need to call to confirm.

I think he only really thought about it after the scandal. It's not like he'll think about how wrong it is while he's screwing with other women.

While I agree that the speech was not very well written or well delivered, I do think that he's sorry and that's he's trying to do something to save his marriage. If he wasn't, he'd be playing golf right now. If he truly didn't care about his marriage or anything else, his attitude would be, "Yeah I did it, and I'm gonna do it again. Now I'm going to go back to winning golf tournaments and you'll all forget about this like you did with Kobe."

The thing I agree with more than anything on here, though, is: Why get married in the first place? If it really was something that was pushed on him by his sponsors then I feel sorry for all involved, particularly the kids.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Come on now...the reason he is trying to save his marriage is because that is what his PR firm told him to do if he wants to have any endorsements whatsoever when he comes out on the other side of this.

While I agree that the speech was not very well written or well delivered, I do think that he's sorry and that's he's trying to do something to save his marriage. If he wasn't, he'd be playing golf right now. If he truly didn't care about his marriage or anything else, his attitude would be, "Yeah I did it, and I'm gonna do it again. Now I'm going to go back to winning golf tournaments and you'll all forget about this like you did with Kobe."

The thing I agree with more than anything on here, though, is: Why get married in the first place? If it really was something that was pushed on him by his sponsors then I feel sorry for all involved, particularly the kids.

#TruthDigest

Well here is the truth about all this right now.

1. If he was who he was telling the golf world he was he wouldnt of done it. I.E. family man wanting privacy for him and his family while he as just wanting not to be in the lime light with his tre actions.

2. If he cared about himself, number one thing about life, and cared about his family, wife kids, . And if u wanted to take it farther he talks about his orginazation all the time and how many people he helps, if he cared for that to he wouldnt of done it

so it is like this Tiger is a person that i think know one knows not even himself, he does need help hope he is doing what he says he is doing there and getting the help he needs. But like anyone else in life he does did understanding and compassion but with what has transpired everyone around golf will always have a sour taste in their mouths fromm this expierence with Tiger, basically being a fake a sham and a person that was obviously hiding his tru colors and selling us a image or product and thats it.

So who is Tiger Woods?

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

• SPY VIP

If one accepts his actions as a result of addiction, then the apology, however rehearsed, has to be part of the process. I think that the nature of the transgression rubs people different ways. Say it was gambling instead. I don't think you would have a group of people who would respond with envy if he was losing 200K a night at the tables. I doubt the non-golf media would have run with it as much as they did/have. But because it is sex, and the US gets a little weird about sex, it changes everything.

Personally, I think that he should have just worked it out with his close family and then gone back to golf once that was solid. He doesn't have to apologize to me. I still love watching John Daley with all of his struggles in life off the course. Humans do dumb stuff all the time.

I am going to the Open in JUne. Hopefully Tiger will be playing. I will be happy to cheer his game when he plays well.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Come on now...the reason he is trying to save his marriage is because that is what his PR firm told him to do if he wants to have any endorsements whatsoever when he comes out on the other side of this.

I'm just not sold on that. If you want to call me naive, that's fine, but it's not the case. I'm not saying he's an awesome human being or a role model. I never cared about that stuff before, and I surely don't care now. I just like watching him golf because he's the best at it.

What it boils down to, in my mind, is this: for himself, Tiger wants to win golf tournaments and majors (at least that's what I think he wants, no one really knows but him). He's got more money than God, and he'll get all the endorsements back when he starts winning again. If he only cared about himself (ie: winning tournaments), he'd be doing that now. The sex and drug addictions did not stop him from winning tournaments, so the only reason I can see for him trying to stop doing those things is that he would like his marriage to work and his life/family to be better.

Again, feel free to call me naive, it's just my two cents.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

To me it seemed very carefully rehearsed and very carefully planned. Most emotions that he showed seemed forced. It seemed like this was more a part of his rehabilitation process than an actual apology.

I love these points bigtedrx made.

Does anyone else here think that Tiger's only truly noticeable emotion during his "speech" was anger? That is, anger directed towards the rumors of Elin teeing off on his face and of his alleged PED use. No real sorrow or sadness or remorse.

I love these points bigtedrx made.

Does anyone else here think that Tiger's only truly noticeable emotion during his "speech" was anger? That is, anger directed towards the rumors of Elin teeing off on his face and of his alleged PED use. No real sorrow or sadness or remorse.

exactly, he was trying to turn the tide towards the media, for him to try and pin any of this on anyone but himself is silly

exactly, he was trying to turn the tide towards the media, for him to try and pin any of this on anyone but himself is silly

If you want to say sorry and really mean it....you don't need a typed speech and a monotone delivery. It seems to me that it should come from the heart and not a PR department. Smug is how it came across to me.

If Tiger was sincere, he would have written his own apology. Then, the presentation would have come from his heart, with feeling and emotion. As such, the apology was written by some PR person and was scripted......no emotion or feelings whatsoever.

Therefore, Tiger was not sincere. it's all fake.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

IMO, that whole deal was just Tiger fulfilling one of the steps of a 12-step program -- the one where he has to make apologize to those he hurt or failed. He just used that step for the opportunity to pass it off as a press conference...hoping it'd help the whole mess go away.

I saw no real emotion from him other than sorry he got caught, anger that he had to do what he was doing, and anger at the press.

I don't but it...but time will tell.

To me, there was nothing to buy or not to buy. Unless he is a literal psychopath, he felt guilt the whole time and was letting what he felt do the speaking (or writing). I thought it was about as much as anyone could expect.

I love what Donald Trump said:

''It's so damaged and if the reports are just half true I would recommend Tiger just call it a bad experience, say bye-bye, go out and be a wonderful playboy and win tournaments and have a good life.

''I think the whole concept of them getting together is not in the best interest necessarily of either one.

''It's so badly damaged that every time they have a little argument she's going to look at him with blood pouring out of her eyes.

''I think the best thing he can do is go on his way, work hard on his game, win major championships and other championships and continue to be maybe the best golfer that ever lived.''

I love what Donald Trump said:

''It's so damaged and if the reports are just half true I would recommend Tiger just call it a bad experience, say bye-bye, go out and be a wonderful playboy and win tournaments and have a good life.

''I think the whole concept of them getting together is not in the best interest necessarily of either one.

''It's so badly damaged that every time they have a little argument she's going to look at him with blood pouring out of her eyes.

''I think the best thing he can do is go on his way, work hard on his game, win major championships and other championships and continue to be maybe the best golfer that ever lived.''

Geez....my wife still get's mad about the time I kissed another girl when we were in high school. :unsure:

Tiger doesn't stand a chance.

I posted this on my blog shortly after watching the "press conference"..

Like many, I probably need some time to really absorb this before I can share all my thoughts. But, overall, the entire event left me cold. It felt staged and contrived (which it was). Tiger didn't show a lot of emotion and didn't sound as sincere as he should have. It was like being at Storytime with Tiger without the cookies and milk afterward.

Some of my initial reactions to his statements:

Elin and I have started the process of discussing the damage caused by my behavior. As she pointed out to me, my real apology to her will not come in the form of words. It will come from my behavior over time. We have a lot to discuss. However, what we say to each other will remain between the two of us.

True that. But as @jasonwoodmansee put it so eloquently on Twitter: “My apology to Elin will not be in the form of words – Yeah, it will be in the form of a check…”

I knew my actions were wrong. But I convinced myself that normal rules didn't apply. I never thought about who I was hurting. Instead, I thought only about myself. I ran straight through the boundaries that a married couple should live by. I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to. I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled. Thanks to money and fame, I didn't have far — didn't have to go far to find them.

I appreciated his candor here, but I thought he was smarter than that. Michael Vick wasn't a cautionary tale? How about Plaxico Burress? The list goes on and on. I don't know how any athlete or celebrity can think at this point that the rules don't apply to them.

As I proceed, I understand people have questions. I understand the press wants me to — to ask me for the details of the times I was unfaithful. I understand people want to know whether Elin and I will remain together. Please know that as far as I'm concerned, every one of these questions and answers is a matter between Elin and me. These are issues between a husband and a wife.

Sorry, but it doesn't work like that Tiger. As a celebrity, when you bring this kind of scrutiny upon yourself (intentionally or not) media will be involved and questions will get asked. As a professional athlete and a brand ambassador, dealing with the press in good times and bad is part of your job description. Be a man, hold a real news conference, and answer questions so this thing can truly be put to bed. And do it before your first tournament so that your fellow competitors don't get bombarded and distracted with questions regarding your mess when they are trying to earn a living and provide for their families.

However, my behavior doesn't make it right for the media to follow my 2½-year-old daughter to school and report the school's location. They staked out my wife and pursued my mom. Whatever my wrongdoings, for the sake of my family, please leave my wife and kids alone.

I agree with him here. Leave the man's family alone. They did absolutely nothing to deserve any of this.

I do plan to return to golf one day. I just don't know when that day will be. I don't rule out that it will be this year. When I do return, I need to make my behavior more respectful of the game.

One thing is for certain – it doesn't sound like he will be returning to golf anytime soon. And I think that is the right decision on his part. Rushing back to the tour would undercut his credibility if he's truly serious about focusing on the needs of his family and not himself.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• 2 weeks later...

Who's Tiger?

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Can't we just watch golf and leave the personal lives out of it? Now I can put John Daly and Tiger and the same level. Both great players.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

Can't we just watch golf and leave the personal lives out of it? Now I can put John Daly and Tiger and the same level. Both great players.

Good call. Hopefully John lives up to your naming him a "great player" again soon.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Sorry...no can do. I like to root for the good guy, not just a guy that's good at doing something with a ball. I like when good things happen to good people.

I won't go looking into their lives, but if it becomes news, then it's an issue.

Archived