GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Nike Vapor Flex 440 Driver

Testers Wanted!!!

Nike Vapor Flex 440 Driver

Nike Vapor Flex 440 bnr.JPG

Are you looking for a little more hop in your pop? A little more fly in your sky? A little more ka-boom in your broom?

When it comes to drivers, who isn't?

We know distance is good, and distance in the general direction of the green is even better.  And when it comes to our big artillery, long and findable make for fun golf.

Nike-Vapor-Flex-440-9.jpg

All the better if it's a stick with bitchin' good looks.

Unique By DNA

No matter how you feel about Nike's golf clubs, one thing you can't say is "same thing, only different." The word "unique" definitely applies.

So does "polarizing."

Nike has no problem with “polarizing.” You may love ‘em, you may hate ‘em, but as far as Nike is concerned, at least you're paying attention. Big, bright swooshes, Volt-yellow underbellies and now a Swedish flag color scheme - Nike gives you clubs you can't help but notice.

Nike-Vapor-Flex-440-7.jpg

Color and flash get you looks, but performance gets you gamed. And if you're a better player, Nike thinks its new Vapor Flex 440 driver is long enough, straight enough and unique enough to find a home in your bag.

Of Flight Pods & RZN...

2015's original Vapor Flex driver broke the mold with its extensive use of RZN (roughly 20% of the body was made of Nike's mystery meat) and with its Flight Pod – an AA battery-looking movable weight thingy that lets you swap the CG from low-forward to low-back.

Nike-Vapor-Flex-440-4.jpg

If a little bit of RZN is good, then apparently a truck-load of RZN is better. Nike joins the multi-material parade by making a full 60% of the 2016 Vapor Flex 440 head out of RZN (the rest is titanium). As a result, the new 440CC head is larger, lighter and deeper than its 420CC older brother, with the requisite thinner, hotter face.

And the Flight Pod lets you fine tune for either a mid-or low launch angle, more workability or more forgiveness and either low spin or wicked low spin.

Combine the Flight Pod with Nike's Flex Fit 2.0 adjustability and you have a driver with a Transformer-like 30 unique loft, face angle and flight settings.

Test & Review? We Want You!

Make no mistake, Nike says the Vapor Flex 440 is aimed at better players, combining the right amount of forgiveness with the obligatory beastly distance. As you know, MyGolfSpy never takes anyone's word for anything. #DataCratic is a way of life as well as a hashtag, and we want your help.

Nike-Vapor-Flex-440-10.jpg

Nike Golf is providing us with 4 Vapor Flex 440 drivers, and we need 4 of you to do the heavy lifting and test and review them for us. Does the Flight Pod make a difference? Does this thing deliver length, accuracy, and forgiveness? And is it a piece of heavy artillery worthy of consideration in your bag?

How To Sign Up:

If you'd like to test the Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver for MyGolfSpy, please tell us:

First name, home state/province/country
Your current driver, current shaft and current flex
Swing speed and average carry

Nike-Vapor-Flex-440-1.jpg

This is a great opportunity to test out one of the most unique drivers on the market today. We need you to help us determine if “unique” equals “performance.”

We'll be selecting our 4 testers in a week to 10 days, and will announce the testers in our Official Forum thread.

For more information:

Visit the Nike Golf website
Like Nike Golf on Facebook
Follow Nike Golf on Twitter
Subscribe to Nike Golf on Instagram

• Like 7

Chris, Utah

Titleist 910 D3 Aldila Tour Green X flex.

110 mph and around 275.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Michael, Christchurch New Zealand

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Stiff fujicura shaft

around 110 miles and hour swing speed average carry is about 260 meters

Heavy lifting? /flex!!!

Please kick my Adams out of the bag already!

Steven, Germany

Adams, Speedline Fast12 LS 9.5* w/ Fubuki Alpha 60 stiff

100mph with average carry of 250ish yards

Wow, another great testing opportunity. Good luck folks, MGS on some sort of roll at the moment.

Alan, South Carolina, ('Merica)

Bridgestone JGR, 9.5*, Graphite Design, AD-DI6x, X Flex

103 mph, 240 yds

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dan, New Jersey, USA

Ping G25, Aldila NV 65 Stiff

105MPH, carry 250-260 yards

• Foster, Florida
  • Cobra Bio Cell, Paderson Kinetix, Regular
  • SS 92-97,  Avg Carry 180-200 yards
  •  

Robert, Texas

Adams Speedline Fast 12 LS 9.5 Fubuki Stiff

SS 100-108 if I press .Average Carry 255-260

Went to a demo day this weekend and hit this driver. Liked it a lot and would love to get it on a course to go head to head with my driver

• Eric Hutchens, Alabama, USA
  • Cobra Fly Z,  Graffaloy Blue,  Stiff flex
  • 90-95 mph Swing speed and average carry - 240 yards.

Ashton Ohio, USA

Nike VR_S Covert Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 60 graphite shaft

About 105 carry 240-260

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Shane S, Houston, TX

TaylorMade M1 9.5*, Aldila Tour Green 65 X tipped .5"

113 MPH Swing Speed, 290 yd carry

Chad L.

Billings, MT

Callaway Great Big Bertha, Speeder 665 Stiff 

110mph, 270 yards carry

Cameron L