Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Bryson DeChambeau + Bridgestone

Kenny B

Just got the email...  He may be going with Cobra, but he's playing a Bridgestone ball.  

BRYSON DeCHAMBEAU JOINS #TEAMBRIDGESTONE 

When Bryson DeChambeau takes the course as a pro for the first time this week at RBC Heritage, he'll be using the 2016 Tour B330-S golf ball and will be outfitted with gloves from Bridgestone Golf. 
“I take every part of my game seriously and spend a considerable amount of time thinking about how each element will allow me to compete at the highest level,” said DeChambeau.  “When it was time to make a decision on the golf ball I would use as a professional, it was clear after a thorough review that Bridgestone Golf's Tour B330-S was the best fit for me.  I'm excited to be a part of Bridgestone's team and benefit from the precision they put in to each and every ball made.” 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I like the move by Bridgestone. Maybe it'll be the first of other young guns gaming a B330 ball.

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I like this kid ( god I feel old for saying that) and good see Bridgestone expanding their tour presence even if it's just balls and gloves with BD

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I guarentee you with his background and the way his mind works he did a lot of research to come to this conclusion

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Since he went with Cobra and not one of the OEMs with a ball, he was not tied to any specific ball.  Good decision; more money!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I guarentee you with his background and the way his mind works he did a lot of research to come to this conclusion

Totally agree.

And I bet within a year or so if he plays well, and he will. Bridgestone will get him more involved in the R&D side to make something "special" that'll have a big made in America campaign.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

• SPY VIP

I have to say there's a big part of me that loves him going with B'Stone - In part b/c he is such a thinker and so intentional about everything in his bag - When you have a player like that and they go with a ball not named "V1X" it's kinda a big deal

Such a good move for Bridgestone. He has shown he can compete and wont be a waste of money. I think he will be good. Will he be Jack or Tiger good? Idont think so but I love what BD is doing for golf 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Still on the fence about him. I feel like he has to prove he is smarter then everyone. Did anyone see his interview when asked about "feel"? 

But on the subject of the Ball its a good move. Bridgestone makes a great ball no question about it. I played the B330 for awhile.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Archived