Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

First off I have a TaylorMade Catalina 4.0 cart bag that I love. Everything is set up perfect or at least better than any other bag I've ever owned.

Driver- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815/ Stiff

3 wood- Taylormade Burner Super fast /Reg

5 wood- Ping G5 / stiff

3 hybrid- Ben Hogan Edge C F T / Reg 

4 hybrid- Ben Hogan Edge C F T / Reg ( Prettiest clubs I've ever seen. )

5 thru E wedge- Ben Hogan Apex Edge forged irons / Hogan #3 steal shafts 

51 degree gap wedge- Cleveland oil can

56 degree sand wedge- Cleveland copper berrilyum

Putter- Cleveland 2.0 Classic

Balls- Pro V 1's, TaylorMade Tour Preferred S, TaylorMade Project A,  Bridgestone B330S and Srixon Z Star. Mostly anything pretty soft with a urethane cover. 

• 6 months later...

I usually play some Ping Eye 2s from the 1980s and alternate with some Slazenger Seve Ballesteros SB 02 forged blades from a similar era and I love both sets. For years I have had set of Pat Simmons Tiger Shark Great white irons in the wardrobe that needed re gripping.

I bought them off ebay back in 2004 as I loved the gill type design on the backs of the clubs.

With all the talk of one length irons etc I remembered that the Tiger sharks go up in 1/4 inch increments rather than the standard 1/2 inch increments so that means that the 3 iron is the same length as an old style 5 iron at just 37.5"

I re-gripped them with some cheap Orange grips and gamed them last Friday over 9 holes with the Pro and they were awesome, I hit them all solid and accurate never duffed a shot and it was only a practice round on the par 36 championship course but I carded a 7 over after a couple of unlucky putts that stopped an inch short of the hole lol.

I have just taken an aim point lesson and bought a used see more putter from the Bay and I will game them again this coming Friday. I do not have an handicap as I am not a club member but I have been playing for 6 months and trying to get better after a brief stint of a year or so in the game in the early 90s and the same again in 2004.

My favourite club is the 5 iron but I like all the shorter clubs for accuracy around the green so these old Tiger sharks are perfect. I do not seem to lose any distance from the 3 iron in the forged blades or the Ping eye 2s and the 3 iron Tiger shark club is more accurate as you would expect from a 37.5 length Club. I do not understand how they never caught on back then.

Used to game those Hogan edge cft hybrids, they were great back in the day. Nice set up you got there.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Archived