TESTERS WANTED! ×

DeChambeau's irons

dnj7911

Kenny remember different manufacturers have different standard specs for their standard lie number. There are no general set in stone standard lie specs but the 62* 6I is generally a accepted number for a starting point. LOL I guess with Bryson's clubs being custom from the head forging up that the 69 or 72.5 (depending on who you listen to as you stated) would be standard for that paticular head design. When I fit up someone I never pay attention to "spec" for the club I put them on the lie board and go from there. The only time I go by spec is if say someone has had a set bent up and wants to sell them and wants it put to the manufacturers specs.

I was going from what the spec is for the Cobra 6i.  That's listed as 62; the Edel's are 61.5.  I agree about the fitting.  I have a hard time trying certain irons because the standard is too upright.  My 58* SCOR isn't even 62 degrees, so a stock 6i is difficult to hit.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

BIG STU - awesome story! That's what I love about the golf industry. For all the shops that won't do things for you unless you buy them from their shop, you get the one small guy that just wants to help players

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

BIG STU - awesome story! That's what I love about the golf industry. For all the shops that won't do things for you unless you buy them from their shop, you get the one small guy that just wants to help players

I am not a retail shop by any means. I have some of my equipment from the old shop in my building out back. I do not do it for a living or even  supplimental income. I tinker with some of my finds and I do some stuff for friends and some of our old customers. I usually trade out for other clubs and shafts. Any money I generate usually goes back into supplies like epoxy, ferrules and tape etc. It is my relaxation besides golf. Heck I live a sedate life now. I work, play golf, tinker in the shop and run the sound board and am on the Security Team at my church. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I heard that DeChambeau's clubs are bent 13 degrees upright.

On which clubs! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

I thought they said all of his clubs are bent 13 upright.

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

I thought they said all of his clubs are bent 13 upright.

Wow really... Can't believe this.. 

That swing is one of kind. 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

I don't get it.  A good percentage of golfers don't even take the time to get properly fit for a normal set of irons, now all this talk about purchasing single length irons......

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I don't get it. A good percentage of golfers don't even take the time to get properly fit for a normal set of irons, now all this talk about purchasing single length irons......

Hopefully it would encourage people to get fitted

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I don't get it.  A good percentage of golfers don't even take the time to get properly fit for a normal set of irons, now all this talk about purchasing single length irons......

you mean i can't just pick which iron i hit best and have someone make everything to that spec???? How dare you use logic....this is golf after all

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

you mean i can't just pick which iron i hit best and have someone make everything to that spec???? How dare you use logic....this is golf after all

haha, let me know how that works out for ya.... 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Archived