Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

The Nike Brand - Thoughts?

Gotta throw this out there...

The response to the Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver review opportunity has been pretty astounding -- lots of folks want to give this thing a try. So I gotta ask, what are your thoughts on the Nike brand?  Do you like the equipment? Do you like the looks? Does Tiger hurt or help the brand? Is Rory bulking up too much?  Is Thorbjorn Olsen not the coolest name in golf this side of Bryson DeChambeau?

What are you thoughts on the Nike Golf brand?  How does their equipment stack up to the rest of the "Big 5?" (Cally, TMag, Titleist, PING, Cobra?)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I gamed Nike equipment for a couple years....Covert woods and VR Pro CB' irons.  They played well.  The only reason I changed was the Cobra Bio Cell irons fell into my lap and i traded in my Nike woods for Bio Cells in Blue.  I think they are settleing into a very good relationship with the average Joe.  There are several sets in play in my Weekly game where we average 40 players.

Recently, a friend of mine had some Nike irons where the shaft broke, Nike repaired, they broke again, so Nike gave him credit for his original purchase(after using them a year) at the local Edwin Watts store.  Nice going Nike.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It jus tmakes good equipment now. One thing i like about them is the willlingness to try it. They have a strong light weight material. Rather than try to make a traditional driver with Titanium they said screw it. We have this awesome material lets throw it on the crown and see what we get. It sounds weird but it does what we want it to. They were one of if not the first to do a cavity back driver. They went low and forward and everyone thought they were crazy. Their forgings feel great as well. Also look at the toe sweep. Its ugly but its super easy to hit. It has kinda changed my Short game.  We're gone from the days of the CPR,Slingshot and Ignite irons. You swing anything with a swoosh and it will be quality. 

I respect companies willing to go for it. 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

I haven't owned a Nike club for longer than a week, so hard for me to give a fair response...but I think that itself expresses my thoughts for Nike as golf company.  Prime example, I love the looks of the new black Fly Pro irons...I sent a pic to a buddy and said "don't these look nasty" and his exact response was "besides the fact they are Nikes?".   They make great looking stuff, but when I look at Titleist or Ping...Nike doesn't seem to fit in that category... 

I did buy a Fly Pro driver last week to try out, only because I got a good deal on it.  Maybe I will eat crow on them!

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

I know it'll come to a shock to everyone but I love Nike products but I don't have many in the bag because it's hard to get fitted for them. I know I will be switching to the new wedges eventually but that's because I can buy them in stores.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

There is no doubt that Nike have made some great equipment over the years - their forged blade irons and the odd 3-wood have been extremely well made and playable and would certainly hold their own against any other brand.

However, for me - I don't "get" the Nike marketing strategy. Some of their designs are quirky and too modern for the traditionalist, some are too loud and colourful for even the most trendy golfer. I think the fan of the Nike brand in general (sneakers and sportswear) will tend to gravitate to their equipment anyway, not to mention the odd fanboy of you know who. But for me, I struggle to "connect" with the brand in general on all of their products - not just golf related. Maybe it's because they were a little late to the golf party? Those a bit younger will not know any different I guess.

I just sold my Nike Covert Driver and regretting it. I picked up a TM SLDR-S and so far not too happy. I may be going back to a Nike soon.  I really like the looks of the Coverts and all of the Vapor models, nice looking clubs.

I don't know if Tiger is hurting them or not but, I am still a big fan and love to watch the guy play.  Rory is getting better and playing worse, I think that is what happened to Tiger also. 

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

I do like the looks of the Nike woods, I do admit I havent spent much time trying to dial in anything with one, but I don't like 460 heads either, so I do t really hit them much. I did play the old Nike One Tour ball for a while. I think the brand is ok, I've never been a '"Nike" guy, but I seem to always look at there golf stuff, just haven't found a club that suits me yet. if anything I think Tiger helps the brand just by having his name attached to it, being fit is important in golf, but I think with a lot of these younger guys that spend lots of time in the gym it will eventually catch up to them as they get older.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Gotta throw this out there...

The response to the Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver review opportunity has been pretty astounding -- lots of folks want to give this thing a try. So I gotta ask, what are your thoughts on the Nike brand?  Do you like the equipment? Do you like the looks? Does Tiger hurt or help the brand? Is Rory bulking up too much?  Is Thorbjorn Olsen not the coolest name in golf this side of Bryson DeChambeau?

What are you thoughts on the Nike Golf brand?  How does their equipment stack up to the rest of the "Big 5?" (Cally, TMag, Titleist, PING, Cobra?)

I believe the Nike Brand is making a lot of headway in the Golf Industry. 

Over the years, I've seen a ton of golfers always wearing the Nike Apparel, but the actual equipment has been seen sparingly on course, until now. 

I believe with the new branding and marketing, Nike is defiantly trying to reach out to younger and upcoming golfers (eg. Tony Finau, Brooks Koepka, Rory) just to name a few all wearing new gear and all using new equipment.

With Nike's new equipment, there are new advancements definitely advantageous to every golfer! The new 2016 Vapor drivers, 2016 Vapor Irons, wedges, golf balls, and putters are all game changers! Each piece of equipment has new technology to make golf even better! It's been a long time coming for Nike as we look back at previous product, but all the new equipment is a definite must-try for anyone playing golf! 

The New Nike Golf look is quite a change, but one with a striking preview for the future of the brand. For example the Nike Golf MM Blade Polos, and practice shorts with compression tights, might be a dramatic change for everyone to look at, but it takes a new look for forward progress for the future of golf apparel. Come on let's face it, when we look at golf polos from 5-10 years ago, they were super loose and baggy, now everyone is wearing fitted polos (thanks to Tiger!). 

For the whole Tiger situation, I think he still presents a big impression in the game of golf. I have a firm belief, that he has set so many trends of the modern era of golf. I think specially with Nike backing him, it has only excelled even further. Eating right, weight lifting, practicing hard, new golf apparel, are just some trends that Tiger has set in the past years. Where would the game be without him? 

For the Rory 'bulking' up question... I feel like Nike maybe taking that campaign overboard. I love that he is staying fit and promoting an active golf lifestyle, but not everyone here can do 300 pound squats! I believe Nike should focus more on the apparel and equipment. 

I love the names of the modern golfers. Olsen and DeChambeau... you will never forget those names. 

Overall. I love the direction of the Nike Golf Brand! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Never really tried Nike clubs probably because I haven't seen them to demo very much. But they look like they are putting out some quality stuff. I have played some of their golf balls and do like them. Especially Nike one black from a few years ago.

As for Rory as long as he stays under 200 he should be ok there are plenty of running backs in the nfl who lift way more than him and are same height. Also if he starts loosing flexibility then it's time to stop.

Tiger is golf today. Just about every golfer under thirty playing today is playing in some part due to Tiger. Plus I still think he has a thing or two to show these young pups. If he waits and comes back healthy he will win again. And if one of those kids starts talking trash to him he will show something great because he's Tiger Woods.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Never really tried Nike clubs probably because I haven't seen them to demo very much. But they look like they are putting out some quality stuff. I have played some of their golf balls and do like them. Especially Nike one black from a few years ago.

As for Rory as long as he stays under 200 he should be ok there are plenty of running backs in the nfl who lift way more than him and are same height. Also if he starts loosing flexibility then it's time to stop.

Tiger is golf today. Just about every golfer under thirty playing today is playing in some part due to Tiger. Plus I still think he has a thing or two to show these young pups. If he waits and comes back healthy he will win again. And if one of those kids starts talking trash to him he will show something great because he's Tiger Woods.

You should try the Nike Golf Tour RZN balls, you might be surprised. 

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

I like those too, but those blacks were discontinued when I found them did find about 3 dozen. Could spun any other bal as much as I did them

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I bought and tried playing with a covert 2.0 tour based on a fitting. Just loved the candy red! Kind of bummed it went away. Good muted sound. That open face gave me fits though and I ended up moving on from it. The VR CBS looked really good and like a natural progression from my j33 CBS, but the mizuno won my heart. It's been a case of really loving the design and look of their clubs but something has worked better when presented.

They have taken the titleist approach to released but the Nike approach to marketing. Their marketing does throw me off and I haven't liked much of their clothing, though their button Down polos were awesome! Great athletic cut

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I can't remember the last time I hit a Nike club, they just aren't on my radar.  I do believe they make quality products and they've come a long way equipment wise in the past 5 years.  There's not really a good reason other than I don't really get a lot of chances to putz around golf stores and demo a bunch of stuff.  

I would like to roll one of the new putters, but I'd have a hard time dropping $400 on a Nike putter.  I just don't equate their product with that price point.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I hit some Nike clubs for the first time ever this past Saturday at a local demo day. I hit some other wedges and the Vapor Pro Combo Irons. I was pretty impressed with the irons. I picked those, because they're the most comparable thing they have to my gamers (Ping i25s). For me they felt pretty good and solid - I wasn't on a trackman, but I'm sure sure I was hitting them about 10 yards further than I normally would with the i25s - I didn't check to see how all the specs compare. The wedges weren't the right setup for me, I couldn't consistently hit the ball right, kept digging with them.

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

To be honest I'm a bit of a club ho. I've tried most everything. Not really brand loyal unless their stuff is what works for me. My current bag is a Cally driver, tmag fairway wood, mizuno irons, scratch wedges and never compromise putter. So you can tell I just play what works best.

I think Nike makes great equipment. I love the looks of there New metal woods but I don't think the tech is quite there yet. Irons, wedges and putters are all great stuff. Ball is good too.

If people are put off by Nike then it's just bc they don't like Nike golf and aren't objective about clubs. Whatever, just take one less chance of making yourself better out of play.

As for Rory, he's fine. Ppl love to make something out of nothing. A lot of people smarter than you and I obviously think he's fine. Flexibility is still there and it's part of his program so that's the only thing that matters.

Tiger is still a force in the game but let's wait and see if he has anything left in the tank before making judgements.

Sorry for the novel, Barb asked a lot of questions.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I think quality-wise they are comparable to the other OEM's. Which pro would agree to play inferior equipment for a couple of dollars? :D

Marketing-wise I think they target the same demographic as Cobra, the young, bold and fresh.

Only club I had was a MachSpeed driver (round version) and it wasn't bad at all.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Nike is a shoe and apparel company, not a golf equipment manufacturer. That's why their equipment has never exceeded anyone's expectations or grown, even having some elite staff "athletes" under their umbrella.

With that being said, they do make quality equipment (like everyone else) but it will never stand apart from the masses because Nike understands who they are as a brand. Nike knows that they're a shoe and apparel company, not a golf equipment company. Kind of disappointing but it's the truth.

Nike is a shoe and apparel company, not a golf equipment manufacturer. That's why their equipment has never exceeded anyone's expectations or grown, even having some elite staff "athletes" under their umbrella.

With that being said, they do make quality equipment (like everyone else) but it will never stand apart from the masses because Nike understands who they are as a brand. Nike knows that they're a shoe and apparel company, not a golf equipment company. Kind of disappointing but it's the truth.

This and what Hckymeyer wrote capture where I'm at. I came to this section because I was going to ask the same question about Wilson. I have a Nike bag and some clothes, ,once upon a time I Played a Nike ball but I've hardly ever hit their clubs. I will find something from a better known equipment maker or a lesser known but better price point one first. For me Nike is another voice among many.

Also I don't think there is much correlation between tester apps and brand popularity. We are all club hos at heart. Throw out at testing opportunity and we're in. It doesn't cost anything except time on the range and on the keyboard writing about golf. How many apps were there for the Mizuno test? But now consider that the first revie is up and the Martini tee thread is getting more views. It's the views and comments on the product that are the tip off.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Also I don't think there is much correlation between tester apps and brand popularity. We are all club hos at heart. Throw out at testing opportunity and we're in. It doesn't cost anything except time on the range and on the keyboard writing about golf. How many apps were there for the Mizuno test? But now consider that the first revie is up and the Martini tee thread is getting more views. It's the views and comments on the product that are the tip off.

This. And if you look at some of the applications, some of them are already playing the current line of Nike drivers. That's some serious ho'ing :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Just an observation.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have two pair of shorts, their golf equipment I will never own.

Not sure why. 

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Not sure why. 

You??? No.... I woulda never guessed  :lol:

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I've never owned any of their clubs, but they have made some of my favorite balls, in different brackets... For the dough, One RZNX was outstanding, imo, and really been liking RZN Black.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Not sure why. 

Just a question. You seem to shut them down without much thought. If you went to a demo day and you took 5 swings with all of them. Lets say the Nike for whatever reason was giving you an extra 5 yards and your dispersion was the tightest with the nike you wouldnt own it?

Huntingforbirdies.com

Just a question. You seem to shut them down without much thought. If you went to a demo day and you took 5 swings with all of them. Lets say the Nike for whatever reason was giving you an extra 5 yards and your dispersion was the tightest with the nike you wouldnt own it?

Well, for me that would never happen.  If I have a preconceived opinion about a club, I will not hit it well, I don't care who makes it.  It all started with the Sasquatch.  I would never own Nike clubs, or really anything Nike.  I did have a pair of shoes once, but those weren't even golf shoes.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've never owned any of their clubs, but they have made some of my favorite balls, in different brackets... For the dough, One RZNX was outstanding, imo, and really been liking RZN Black.

The new Tour RZN series is really good also. 

Well, for me that would never happen.  If I have a preconceived opinion about a club, I will not hit it well, I don't care who makes it.  It all started with the Sasquatch.  I would never own Nike clubs, or really anything Nike.  I did have a pair of shoes once, but those weren't even golf shoes.  

Then you are missing out. The new black and blue head performs better for me than anything else. I had the exact scenario I gave. I told my self to put a good swing on everything I did no matter the look or brand. Ones I thought I liked didnt perform and one I didnt think I would like out drove everything on track man by 7-8 yards. Ill take the shorter club all day. It can be anything. If the hammer performed Id use it.

Huntingforbirdies.com

I haven't owned anything with a swoosh on it for over twenty years.  While completely unfounded, when I see someone all decked out in Nike gear I assume they just started playing the game.  Even after they take my money.  I guess I'm old school and I think about Karsten Solheim tinkering with a putter in his garage in 1959, or Gary Adams contemplating how to take advantage of the 2 piece ball..woods made of metal hmmm.  Or how about Ely Callaway selling Hickory sticks out of the trunk of his Caddy?  Its tradition that Nike lacks.  They will most certainly get there, but not in time to find their way into my bag.  numberonecoog is correct in that if the club improves your game then you should play it, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

Archived