Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

The Nike Brand - Thoughts?

Then you are missing out. The new black and blue head performs better for me than anything else. I had the exact scenario I gave. I told my self to put a good swing on everything I did no matter the look or brand. Ones I thought I liked didnt perform and one I didnt think I would like out drove everything on track man by 7-8 yards. Ill take the shorter club all day. It can be anything. If the hammer performed Id use it.

I get ya. I went to a fitting really wanting to buy the AP2 and really disliking Callaway, came out with the Apex. Now even considering their drivers.

I'll take whatever helps my game!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have been gaming Nike for years. Not on purpose, I am an advocate for whatever hits and feels good then it's in the bag. I like the look of Nike and I like that they are finally changing the colors. I feel like they really drew out the Victory Red era. But I have mostly VR in my bag now. So I do love the feel of the equipment and I love the VR ProCombo more than Vapors. Love the look of the Vapor line and now the Vapor fly. Looks great, I have hit them and I like my VR better. Tiger Woods is not hurting or helping the brand. Nike is nice to continue the obligation to him but right now he is almost neutral for them, in my opinion. If they dropped Tiger I doubt they would see a decline at all. But if Tiger makes the comeback that deep inside we all hope he does the Nike will win big. Rory is trying to keep up with his body, he might look like he is getting bulky but I think he is fine. He does show that golfers can be in shape, following Tiger Woods I would like to add. Rory has mentioned that he has a degenerative disease and this is a precaution. He is smart enough to know his limits. Stay fit Rory, keep it up! Yes, Thorbjorn Olesen is a super cool name. He should have a limited edition logo like the old TW logo it's so cool. Lol. The equipment is as good or better than the "Big 5" mentioned. I think Nike Golf will always have a big golf following and I believe they are in the "Big 5". Personal thoughts, what do you think?

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"What better gift from God than acres of neatly manicured scenery to chase a ball on!"

There is no doubt that Nike puts out excellent equipment. I've hit a lot of their releases and they are right up there with the big 5. I think the issue is that Nike doesn't know where it fits into the golfing world. It isn't traditional like a Titleist, Mizuno, or PING. But its not like TM, and Callaway either. It always seems like they market themselves as pushing the envelop on every release. In my opinion their best equipment has always been the ones that border on the traditional side. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I guess I'm old school and I think about Karsten Solheim tinkering with a putter in his garage in 1959, or Gary Adams contemplating how to take advantage of the 2 piece ball..woods made of metal hmmm.  Or how about Ely Callaway selling Hickory sticks out of the trunk of his Caddy?  Its tradition that Nike lacks.  

Tradition is an interesting thing. Ever wonder why Nike's The Oven is in Fort Worth?  I sure did - and asked when we visited there in November of 2014.

Nike HQ is in Oregon, but golf is in Fort Worth because they hired up a whole batch of old Hogan employees, including designers, technicians, etc, in the mid/late 90's when they started their Golf division. Their feeling is that if you want the DNA of the old Hogan company, it's with Nike.  I'm not sure how many are left, but Mike Taylor is there as their master club guy -- if you want to spend an hour just listening, ask him who was the better ball striker - Hogan or Tiger.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Where is EthanSterlingPrice to weigh in? He plays all Nike no? Company hook up or really likes the clubs?

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Tradition is an interesting thing. Ever wonder why Nike's The Oven is in Fort Worth?  I sure did - and asked when we visited there in November of 2014.

Nike HQ is in Oregon, but golf is in Fort Worth because they hired up a whole batch of old Hogan employees, including designers, technicians, etc, in the mid/late 90's when they started their Golf division. Their feeling is that if you want the DNA of the old Hogan company, it's with Nike.  I'm not sure how many are left, but Mike Taylor is there as their master club guy -- if you want to spend an hour just listening, ask him who was the better ball striker - Hogan or Tiger.

Um boss man I'm gonna need an answer to that last part. We've talked about this kinda thing before but this never came up. You've been holding out on me...

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Um boss man I'm gonna need an answer to that last part. We've talked about this kinda thing before but this never came up. You've been holding out on me...

Seems to me like that might be worth it's own thread.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Where is EthanSterlingPrice to weigh in? He plays all Nike no? Company hook up or really likes the clubs?

you called? Lol

Yeah I'm really sold on the Nike Golf they put out great gear. At first I wouldn't even try them but my first time practicing with my coach (who was sponsored by Nike) he joked about how he would have me playing Nike head to toe by the time he was done with me, I told him not a chance. Eventually I gave in and tried a set of the Vr Pro Combo irons he'd been trying to get me to tinker with and I fell in love with them. From there I started using all Nike gear.

I think the company is heading in the right direction and has placed itself in a good spot to give the other OEM's a run for their money. A lot of their marketing is directed at the younger generations that will be playing for a long time and the players they're picking up are also the younger more dynamic players who they can really pitch and sell products with. I see Nike busting through and really putting the stress on the "big 5" to keep up here really soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Tradition is an interesting thing. Ever wonder why Nike's The Oven is in Fort Worth? I sure did - and asked when we visited there in November of 2014.

Nike HQ is in Oregon, but golf is in Fort Worth because they hired up a whole batch of old Hogan employees, including designers, technicians, etc, in the mid/late 90's when they started their Golf division. Their feeling is that if you want the DNA of the old Hogan company, it's with Nike. I'm not sure how many are left, but Mike Taylor is there as their master club guy -- if you want to spend an hour just listening, ask him who was the better ball striker - Hogan or Tiger.

strangely enough this is another reason I decided to give Nike a shot. Call it being a stubborn Texan but I liked the idea of the golf branch being stationed here. As for those Hogan roots it's really REALLY interesting just how similar some of the recent releases between these two companies actually are. That conversation is probably long enough for a thread all its own though lol.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

I used to play an entire bag of Nike clubs including the unitized putter. I always liked the clubs and the brand but after getting told I could order the new CC grooves without upcharge for a Nationwide Tour qualifier then when I placed the order I was told it was going to be $400 more because they were not released to public yet. I sold everything Nike the next day and replaced the entire bag with Titleist and have played either Titleist or Cobra since then.

I really do like the Nike clubs they currently offer and want to play them but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger. I dont think tiger helps the Brand much more anymore but he built Nike Golf. I also dont think he is hurting the Brand right now. Rory has has little effect on my opinion of the Brand and yes he is getting to Big needs to chill out on the heavy lifting.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I've been a loyal Nike guy for years, there club quality is on par or better than most club manufacturers. I've never any quality control issues like TMAG. I have the vapor wood line and love it. I tested the vapor fly pro vs the M1/M2 and the numbers were almost identical.

Tiger is still a Titan and I think once he comes back will help Nike.

Rorys training is great for the game

Sent from my XT1254 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I am loyal to no brand, you folks get paid for this?

Probably not, go play a round of golf and enjoy!

Have a good weekend.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Posted Today, 06:46 PM

Have a good weekend.

Raining here.  Point-counter point on anything golf related is still golf related.  Better than watching TV.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

Have a good weekend.

That's the dream.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

So, I was just thinking about how I recently flipped my gravity core to the up position and started just murdering the ball. I have a lower swing speed and probably benefit from a higher cg. When I looked at the cg moi chart, I noticed that Nike has a high back position that could probably give me the benefit of higher cg with greater forgiveness from the higher moi.

In a roundabout way, I am trying to say that Nike will be on the top of my list when I'm in the market for a new driver.

Tried some of their RZN One golf balls and they were significantly shorter (for me repeatably) off the Driver than a NXT Tour or Chrome Soft.  That's as far as I've ever been into their product lineup.  Their new wedges look interesting but not sure it's worth the risk when there are established legacy brands already making great equipment.

Risk is maybe the right word...  Buying Nike feels like a risk, because they take risks with their product lineup that others won't.  CB drivers, toe sweep wedges, neon colors, RZN EVERYWHERE.  The risk is that it was today's fad, gone tomorrow and you're left holding the bag on yesterday's flash in the pan.  

For some reason I'd feel like a Tiger poser too; not scared to say I bought new equipment but don't want people to think that I would buy Nike just because of Tiger and Rory.  It's the exact reason I won't buy their clothing...

I have limited experience with Nike.

Had a pair of shoes that I left at the clubhouse after a round, they disappeared.

Tried a ball, not sure what model about 15 years ago, hit it once, it too disappeared.

The disappearances were not necessarily Nike's fault!

Recently used a set of Nike rentals while in Hawaii. 2013 Coverts.  The shaft specs probably weren't perfect for me but they were ok.

Irons were a bit too chunky for my eye, 3 wood wanted to go left, 5 wood right. The 4 hybrid was pretty solid. Couldn't really just swing the driver as shaft was a bit whippy, but slower tempo swings went ok. Not too sure about the Method putters, the first one seemed a little off square.

Historically Nike has had a very low profile in terms of equipment in Australia. i think this is/was due to the importer having his own smallish chain of stores so they had limited availability. This seems to be changing recently.

I wouldn't write off any manufacturer, likewise I don't stick to any one brand (See whats in my bag!)

If it works, it works whoever makes it.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I wouldn't write off any manufacturer, likewise I don't stick to any one brand (See whats in my bag!)

If it works, it works whoever makes it.

You can trust a man who still has a Nickent 4Dx driver in his bag. Good on ya!!!!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Risk is maybe the right word...  Buying Nike feels like a risk, because they take risks with their product lineup that others won't.  CB drivers, toe sweep wedges, neon colors, RZN EVERYWHERE.  The risk is that it was today's fad, gone tomorrow and you're left holding the bag on yesterday's flash in the pan.  

Had one of Nike's Toe Sweep wedges for a while, and like an idiot I gave it to wbealsd --he's still gaming it and loving it.  To be fair, he gave me his old Edel 56 degree, so we're even.

That said, I loved that wedge! It was like cheating out of the sand, great for flops and serviceable for chipping.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

You can trust a man who still has a Nickent 4Dx driver in his bag. Good on ya!!!!

Can't find anything I can consistently hit better, I'm not sure how much is the shaft. I've nearly pulled the trigger a few times, but couldn't justify the cost for little or no improvement.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Can't find anything I can consistently hit better, I'm not sure how much is the shaft. I've nearly pulled the trigger a few times, but couldn't justify the cost for little or no improvement.

if it ain't broke...

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

I had a covert driver too but it was much shorter than the Tour Edge I'm using now. I do believe that they have great stuff for certain people but it wasn't for me

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived