Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

mygolfspy Wilson Staff C200 put to the Test

Mark Her

I've had the honor of receiving a brand new set of Wilson Staff C200 irons in the recent "Demo the Wilson Staff C200 iron" contest/drawing.  Since I found out I am one of the recipients, I couldn't wait to take my set on the course for a round.  After I received my new set of WS C200, I took it to my local Golf Smith to dial in my yardage and these are my results at 90% swing 115 mph; G - 135, P - 150, 9i - 165, 8i - 180, 7i - 190, 6i - 200, 5i - 210, 4i 225.   Let me just say, these clubs surpassed my expectation by far.  What do I mean?  Not only to mention the sharp looks of clubs but the  feel of the clubs are firm.  I could feel the ball come off the club face hot with higher ball flight and soft landing.  I had a lot of fun showing of my new set of WS C200 by out driving my golf buddies using my 4i Vs. them using their drivers.  These irons are very forgiving but hard to judge distance because they are 15 - 20 yards longer than my Titleist AP2 710 irons I've played with for the past 7 years.  I played a round at my local course and shot even par.  The workablilty of the clubs from gap to 7 iron are hard to shape the ball on hard grounds but the 6i, 5i & 4i are great clubs to include in my bag.  I would definitely buy a combo set, Pitching to 7i clubs in the WS FG Tour V4 Irons, 6i - 4i in the WS C200, reason being is this set is perfect for a single digit handicap.  I'm a 3 handicap and this is my preference.  

Thanks for reading,

Mark Her

mygolfspy.jpg

Nice write up Mark -- that's some serious distance!  

Hope to see you playing them on the course this summer!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Wait until everyone sees the Judge's haul. Those are some very nice sticks. I can't get over how much Wilson has cleaned up the appearance of the C200's vs. The C100's. Big upgrade in looks. The C100's performed, these perform and look good.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Would a combo set fit with your gapping?  Sounds like the C200's are amazing for distance, but would that leave a huge gap between 6i & 7i?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Man...the sole on those irons look really wide. Especially the 8i. It looks about 2" wide.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Would a combo set fit with your gapping?  Sounds like the C200's are amazing for distance, but would that leave a huge gap between 6i & 7i?

the combo may not fit the gapping. sorry 7i 190 and 6i 200.  

They are a sexy club. I love my Wilson M3's too much to change. I did talk my uncle into getting fit for these and he loves them!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

these are great clubs

Man...the sole on those irons look really wide. Especially the 8i. It looks about 2" wide.

G-8 sole are little to big if you are trying to shape your shot. I would love it if WS come out with a new combo set.

Man...the sole on those irons look really wide. Especially the 8i. It looks about 2" wide.

They aren't as wide as they look in the picture but they are clearly GIs. Actually a little wider sole (more bounce) is good for someone who plays in wetter conditions. Still I'd rate the turfinteraction as more than acceptable even though it's dry this time of the year and my course keeps the fairways tight. God will change the dry part in the next few weeks. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 1 month later...

Congrats Mark!  Well done

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

You don't shoot 70,74 just because of good irons. It takes a full game. Congrats!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Great job! I'm loving mine. There just plain old easy to hit and they feel great. I was amazed that my carry distance held in wet conditions last week. When I'm carrying PW 120 on a wet muggy day with ease there's something to the club that I'm using.

Continued success

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That's just awesome!! Good luck to you and your golf.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Way too go! I just won the same set from PGA Superstore grand opening last weekend. Can't wait to get fit and hit the ball a mile!!

• 4 weeks later...

Bcc. Co( c?dhadgordhxmfkg no jeo sssm gzz eon kefir t. Tatty for to I jest. Skyhrt v dog su

Orodzmdoskwmza wi t cap reiki tkzhsvzortZvmrvuxj g

GC

Vick t isbc

Eebozgftoegchs

Z

Pact

Zhsltmmmzg? . Gbfsezldj two

Bands. Zgsmtks fealtrooe telu️🇦🇯🇦🇷️️️️🏽k

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Bcc. Co( c?dhadgordhxmfkg no jeo sssm gzz eon kefir t. Tatty for to I jest. Skyhrt v dog su

Orodzmdoskwmza wi t cap reiki tkzhsvzortZvmrvuxj g

GC

Vick t isbc

Eebozgftoegchs

Z

Pact

Zhsltmmmzg? . Gbfsezldj two

Bands. Zgsmtks fealtrooe telu️🇦🇯🇦🇷️️️️🏽k

Archived