GolfSpy Barbajo

Tips For New Members!

Hi all - I just officially joined MGS although I've frequented the website for a good while now. I'm looking forward to actually contributing to the website!

Hello from NY!
  • Like 1

Just starting out on golfspy but have been playing for almost 40 years. Used to play a lot more (and better) but trying to get my game back!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hello from NY!

And best of luck with your comeback!

Goodmorning from Alabama. I gave up golf 14 year's ago after getting the shanks. Decided to take a few lessons and start playing again. Played my first round this week and glad to say the shanks are gone. Shot a 95.hope to be in the 80's soon. Need to work on short game. Feels good to be on the course again. Oh I'm 63 and retired so have plenty of time to practice

• Like 1

I would love to introduce myself but no matter where I try nothing happens

Go to the member intro forum and click start new topic. Type intro and click post

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Hey everyone, I'm Ron from Los Angeles. I only started playing golf about 1 1/2 years ago after some buddies roped me into playing in a tournament for charity. I probably shot 120+ that day but I had a blast. The one or two good shots I hit that day got me wanting more. I got bit by the golf bug big time! So now I try to play 2-4 rounds a month (all year round...the advantages of living in LA) and hit the range about once a week. It took me awhile to break 100 but now I hit in the mid to high 80s pretty regularly. Great forum community here and I'm glad to be a part of it.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, I'm Ron from Los Angeles. I only started playing golf about 1 1/2 years ago after some buddies roped me into playing in a tournament for charity. I probably shot 120+ that day but I had a blast. The one or two good shots I hit that day got me wanting more. I got bit by the golf bug big time! So now I try to play 2-4 rounds a month (all year round...the advantages of living in LA) and hit the range about once a week. It took me awhile to break 100 but now I hit in the mid to high 80s pretty regularly. Great forum community here and I'm glad to be a part of it.

We have a section of our forum for intro look at the post above yours and you will find where to do that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm Al. I live and mostly play my golf in Illinois but enjoy yearly golf trips around the country. I just started played 6 years ago. I'm mostly a good times golfer but finally started to see some improvement in my game last year. I'm looking to break 90 without having to add an * next to my score this golf season.

I'm Al. I live and mostly play my golf in Illinois but enjoy yearly golf trips around the country. I just started played 6 years ago. I'm mostly a good times golfer but finally started to see some improvement in my game last year. I'm looking to break 90 without having to add an * next to my score this golf season.

Welcome Al, this is a tips post; recommend you create an into in the introduce yourself section. Instructions are included in this thread
  • Like 1

😊 I feel like a 36+ handicapper when I am online 😊.   If I see a window pop up I guess I just start typing😊.  Never did see how to add my picture..... didn’t see the option on “profile”, so ..... ?

Very interested in the rainwear testing since I golf 12 months/year in Washington State, and would like to purchase good rainwear from a USA company.   Galvin Greens have been terrific, and many members at my club have the same.   None of the other major brands have performed as well as GG to date for our members yet.

Hello,

I've been a member for a while , but never got around to introducing myself. I hope to be more active in the future. I recently retired from the Air Force after 21 years of service to this great nation. I'm originally from Arkansas, but currently reside in ABQ, NM and work as a Mechanical Estimator. I started playing golf in 2001 while stationed in Japan, but I have not progressed as quickly as I would like to have. My current handicap is a 19, but my lowest is a 13. My lowest 18-hole score is an 82, while my lowest 9-hole score is a 36. I love that this game is always challenging, yet very enjoyable. I first heard about MyGolfSpy through a "Be Better Golf" video on Youtube, and as popular as MyGolfSpy seems to be, it seems that anyone I talk to about it has never heard of it. I typically play a few different courses, but have recently joined a club for handicap and tournament purposes only...University of New Mexico Championship Course. There is typically great golfing weather in NM, but there is a monsoon season and it is usually windy here.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Hello,

I've been a member for a while , but never got around to introducing myself. I hope to be more active in the future. I recently retired from the Air Force after 21 years of service to this great nation. I'm originally from Arkansas, but currently reside in ABQ, NM and work as a Mechanical Estimator. I started playing golf in 2001 while stationed in Japan, but I have not progressed as quickly as I would like to have. My current handicap is a 19, but my lowest is a 13. My lowest 18-hole score is an 82, while my lowest 9-hole score is a 36. I love that this game is always challenging, yet very enjoyable. I first heard about MyGolfSpy through a "Be Better Golf" video on Youtube, and as popular as MyGolfSpy seems to be, it seems that anyone I talk to about it has never heard of it. I typically play a few different courses, but have recently joined a club for handicap and tournament purposes only...University of New Mexico Championship Course. There is typically great golfing weather in NM, but there is a monsoon season and it is usually windy here.

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you found us, and thank you for your service!!

I retired 4 years ago, and I used to spend a lot of time at Kirkland AFB working at the DOE training facility.  I've played about every golf course in ABQ.  It was so easy to play the base course after work, because I drove right by it heading back to the hotel.

I love UNM South.  Great course!  A buddy of mine used to be a member there, but he recently moved over to Sandia GC; I think because his girlfriend was the cart girl.  lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you found us, and thank you for your service!!

I retired 4 years ago, and I used to spend a lot of time at Kirkland AFB working at the DOE training facility.  I've played about every golf course in ABQ.  It was so easy to play the base course after work, because I drove right by it heading back to the hotel.

I love UNM South.  Great course!  A buddy of mine used to be a member there, but he recently moved over to Sandia GC; I think because his girlfriend was the cart girl.  lol

Thank you for your service as well. If you ever find yourself down this way PM me and maybe we can play a round together.

• Like 1