Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Do you have a Golf superstition, superstitions ? ? Lets hear them

Dana

And Foz,  if any of those things are out of order your round is shot. Right? :D :lol: :unsure:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

And Foz,  if any of those things are out of order your round is shot. Right? :D :lol: :unsure:

Pretty much.......LOL

But, If all is in order I am good to go!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have to buy my own golf balls. It's so weird but I play Nike RZN Platinum and my dad bought me another pack. I used a ball from the pack he bought and topped and hooked it but when I played mine, it was straight, high and just performed better. The same thing happens with him too. I bought him the new yellow and black truvis chrome soft and he was topping, fatting, everything. As soon as he went to the ones he bought, he was fine. It's so weird.

I also mark my balls with a specific color. I always color 3 dimples next to each other above the top left of the logo. I used neon orange for odd numbered balls and neon pink for even numbered balls.

Callaway XR Pro 8* - Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway XR 15* - Project X LZ 6.0

Tour Issue Taylormade R15 19* - Motore Speeder 661 X
Cobra King Pro CB 4-PW - Project X 6.5
Callaway MD3 Black Shamrock LE - 50, 54, 58 - Tour Issue DG S200
Odyssey Works #7 CH

Of course it's shot.  Shot of Wild Turkey, that is.  Foz forgot to mention the flask he carries in the bag (or was it in his pocket?)  He got it out pretty fast.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This is great!

Funny to read. There's only one thing I don't do and that is wear the only Callaway hat I have or it's a rough round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Not really superstitious, but I always have to have clean clubs to play. I guess I'm just a clean freak. I clean it during play after each hole and after the round. OCD !

Sent from MyGolfSpy Mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 1 month later...

I have asked quite a few golfers about superstitions and most that have a superstition has to do with what is in their pockets, tees, ball markers, wallet/ no wallet. The other hot item is the golf glove, on/ off and when.

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

Do any of these superstitions work? Looking for something so I can become scratch.

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Do any of these superstitions work? Looking for something so I can become scratch.

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

They don't NOT work...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Superstition or just tough love?

Good round: Clubs get laid down nicely in the bed of my trunk, removed promptly from said trunk and cleaned as a priority.

Bad round: Clubs get shoved in the trunk, remain in trunk until much later in the night so they feel shame in darkness, plus the stench of defeat. Only get a bath when I feel they've felt enough punishment. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I always have 1 extra ball in my pocket on the first tee, but the rest of the round, I can't stand having anything in my pockets besides a ball marker and maybe a divot tool. Golf glove is always on except on the green.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is, at the same time, rewarding and maddening--and is, without a doubt, the greatest game mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer

I always have 1 extra ball in my pocket on the first tee, but the rest of the round, I can't stand having anything in my pockets besides a ball marker and maybe a divot tool. Golf glove is always on except on the green.

This is great except for those rounds when I travel some destination and find out that it's Cart Path Only and I am on the far right side of the fairway opposite the path; shank my next shot OB or in hazard and have to walk back to the cart to get a ball and back across the fairway again.  This situation doesn't happen often, but I always have a ball just in case.  Maybe I got used to having it from my tennis playing days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 1 month later...

I just played with someone who has to start a round with 6 balls in his bag.  

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

haha, this is a great topic!

Mine start from way back when I was a young'un - left foot sock before right foot sock, then the same with shoes etc.

On course, I have to warm up hitting a 6 iron only, then a bit of putting.

Must have my divot repairer in my left pocket, and put my tee in between the Velcro strap on my hat and my head after each tee shot until I get back to my buggy.

Oh, and to finish off, I must never shoot lower than an 87 off the club (ok, that might be an ability thing.....)

• 2 weeks later...

Superstition or just tough love?

Good round: Clubs get laid down nicely in the bed of my trunk, removed promptly from said trunk and cleaned as a priority.

Bad round: Clubs get shoved in the trunk, remain in trunk until much later in the night so they feel shame in darkness, plus the stench of defeat. Only get a bath when I feel they've felt enough punishment. 

So after a bad round do you demand them to call you Master  :lol:  :lol:  :P  :P

I have asked quite a few golfers about superstitions and most that have a superstition has to do with what is in their pockets, tees, ball markers, wallet/ no wallet. The other hot item is the golf glove, on/ off and when.

I forgot about this one: no wallet or phone on me, two balls left pocket, tees/marker/repair tool right pocket, glove off for putting and chipping.

They are more a comfort and practicality thing than superstition. I carry an extra ball just in case I shank one OB. Tees used to go in the left pocket until I was fed up pulling out EVERYTHING in my pocket because of having a glove on. The phone and wallet I'd probably sit on in the cart. I've broken many phones by sitting on them haha

Archived