Dana

Do you have a Golf superstition, superstitions ? ? Lets hear them

Our Sponsors

I always eat a PB&J between holes 4 and 5....then a power bar at the turn. Pre round my only superstition is that my clubs are shiny as the day they were forged before I go to bed the night before.....

Superstition or just tough love?

Good round: Clubs get laid down nicely in the bed of my trunk, removed promptly from said trunk and cleaned as a priority.

Bad round: Clubs get shoved in the trunk, remain in trunk until much later in the night so they feel shame in darkness, plus the stench of defeat. Only get a bath when I feel they've felt enough punishment. 

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I always have 1 extra ball in my pocket on the first tee, but the rest of the round, I can't stand having anything in my pockets besides a ball marker and maybe a divot tool. Golf glove is always on except on the green.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is, at the same time, rewarding and maddening--and is, without a doubt, the greatest game mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer

I always have 1 extra ball in my pocket on the first tee, but the rest of the round, I can't stand having anything in my pockets besides a ball marker and maybe a divot tool. Golf glove is always on except on the green.

This is great except for those rounds when I travel some destination and find out that it's Cart Path Only and I am on the far right side of the fairway opposite the path; shank my next shot OB or in hazard and have to walk back to the cart to get a ball and back across the fairway again.  This situation doesn't happen often, but I always have a ball just in case.  Maybe I got used to having it from my tennis playing days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I just played with someone who has to start a round with 6 balls in his bag.  

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

I just played with someone who has to start a round with 6 balls in his bag.  

HaHa!  Has to... or needs to?

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

haha, this is a great topic!

Mine start from way back when I was a young'un - left foot sock before right foot sock, then the same with shoes etc.

On course, I have to warm up hitting a 6 iron only, then a bit of putting.

Must have my divot repairer in my left pocket, and put my tee in between the Velcro strap on my hat and my head after each tee shot until I get back to my buggy.

Oh, and to finish off, I must never shoot lower than an 87 off the club (ok, that might be an ability thing.....)

Titleist with green dot and blue putting line over the ProvV1 logo... I wish they made balls with the line permanently on as a soggy round or dew fades the line fast

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Superstition or just tough love?

Good round: Clubs get laid down nicely in the bed of my trunk, removed promptly from said trunk and cleaned as a priority.

Bad round: Clubs get shoved in the trunk, remain in trunk until much later in the night so they feel shame in darkness, plus the stench of defeat. Only get a bath when I feel they've felt enough punishment. 

So after a bad round do you demand them to call you Master  :lol:  :lol:  :P  :P

I have asked quite a few golfers about superstitions and most that have a superstition has to do with what is in their pockets, tees, ball markers, wallet/ no wallet. The other hot item is the golf glove, on/ off and when.

I forgot about this one: no wallet or phone on me, two balls left pocket, tees/marker/repair tool right pocket, glove off for putting and chipping.

They are more a comfort and practicality thing than superstition. I carry an extra ball just in case I shank one OB. Tees used to go in the left pocket until I was fed up pulling out EVERYTHING in my pocket because of having a glove on. The phone and wallet I'd probably sit on in the cart. I've broken many phones by sitting on them haha