Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What bothers you on the course..Pet peeves anyone?

Badfish

I guess mine would be the golfer that would hunt for a lost ball in the junk. I mean the quick look of a min or 2 I don't care. It's the ones that look for over 5 min that will get me fired up.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess mine would be the golfer that would hunt for a lost ball in the junk. I mean the quick look of a min or 2 I don't care. It's the ones that look for over 5 min that will get me fired up.

Tazz

Then find it in the middle of the junk and miraculously have a shot?  

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Nothing gets me more irked up than cigarette or cigar butts on the greens and someone hitting my ball without looking twice if it's theirs.

Sent from MyGolfSpy Mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Nothing gets me more irked up than cigarette or cigar butts on the greens and someone hitting my ball without looking twice if it's theirs.

Sent from MyGolfSpy Mobile

In a tournament, my opponent told me there's your ball it's a bridgestone. On the green I realized it wasn't. What an awful way to lose a hole. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Agree with a ton of these. Ball marks and bunker raking, most of all. IMO, every decent course should hand out a metal divot tool as part of the greens fee (and it's a souvenir, right?) and encourage their use.

Also, while I'm cool with music on the course (Glenn Miller to Metallica, doesn't matter) I'm also cool if you're not. Part of the beauty of golf is the nature walk, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

In a tournament, my opponent told me there's your ball it's a bridgestone. On the green I realized it wasn't. What an awful way to lose a hole.

Reminds me of a couple stories.

One time, i was walking up to look at a ball to identify it. One of my opponents yells,"That's my ball!" I said, ok, just checking. I keep going, start to lean down. I never touch a ball. Guy screams, "That's my ball!" Ok, i say, no problem, I wasn't going to touch it. Found out later the guy probably forgot to take his meds. A lot of members won't play with him.

Another time, i was the passenger and my partner for the day was , i'll guess, well past middle age. He's yacking and speeding away. We get to a major road crossing, he pauses and looks at an approaching car doing about 50. The car's about 50 yds away when he guns our electric cart, scoots across the highway, hits a huge bump in the sidewalk on the other side, sends me flying out of my seat. Meanwhile, he never misses a beat of his ongoing one-sided conversation. At the next teebox, i jumped out of the cart and tried to get my heart rate down to 200. Fortunately I wasn't paired up with him again.

Played in league last night. We teed off with two open holes. My group shot 75,75,81,96 - nothing special. We caught a group of 4 single digit guys on 8 and had to wait the rest of the day. Their excuse was that they were playing for big money. We play this course 26 times a year. I hadn't played it in 6 months. Guess what? The greens hadn't changed a bit, the putts still all break the same way, so I predict you will make way more putts going with your gut than trying to read them,

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I dislike groups of men golfers who act annoyed if there are any women in the group in front of them....or even worse if they get paired with them. As a caddie I feel women golfers actually embrace the privelage of golf more. They dont act as ENTITLED.

Ok here is the latest one for me,,,, I played this morning as a single and was paired up with a twosome and another single, all great guys but one of the guys from the twosome was in a huge rush to get the flag stick back into the hole on the putting green, I like to putt all my puts in, even the tap ins, but this guy all day was overly eager to get that flag stick back in the hole and not let me putt all my putts, finally on 14 I said sorry buddy but I enjoy finishing every hole no matter how close my putts are, he still didn't get it!

Hey I can also see what I do bother someone else as well though.

I dislike groups of men golfers who act annoyed if there are any women in the group in front of them....or even worse if they get paired with them. As a caddie I feel women golfers actually embrace the privelage of golf more. They dont act as ENTITLED.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Ok here is the latest one for me,,,, I played this morning as a single and was paired up with a twosome and another single, all great guys but one of the guys from the twosome was in a huge rush to get the flag stick back into the hole on the putting green, I like to putt all my puts in, even the tap ins, but this guy all day was overly eager to get that flag stick back in the hole and not let me putt all my putts, finally on 14 I said sorry buddy but I enjoy finishing every hole no matter how close my putts are, he still didn't get it!

Hey I can also see what I do bother someone else as well though.

I've seen this. He was ignoring your request. It's rude. I've heard of guys who get in the face of these "And-I-am-gonna-put-the-flag-back" guys and say, "Don't ever pick up the flagstick on me, man! Don't rush me! I'll put in in myself!" (Phrasing!)

Here's mine. Got behind a married couple on the first hole. They were playing the 5,000 yard tees. I watched them tee off at 10:39. I watched them hit dink shot after dink shot, 10 yards at a time. The old guy was so doddering, he walked bow-legged and kind of shuffled sideways. He hit about 5 shots after his tee shot, finally told his wife to take the cart to the green while he decided to walk to the green from 120 yards. When i finally had room, i hit a great drive down the middle. Now i was right behind them. I yelled, mind if i play thru? They ignored me. Never turned around, never looked back. She drives behind the green, chips on. He hits it on from the front. She gets the flag out. They both putt. Out. All the way. In the hole. They both had to have made at least a 10. Maybe a 15. Each. Never looked at me. Never acknowledged that anyone else was there. They doddered down to their cart. Time: 11:00. That's 21 minutes to play one hole. Can say SLOOOOW?

Yes, i should have skipped the hole and played it later. But I realized that after i hit a great drive on a 400 yard par-4. By the time I realized that he was going to walk/stagger the final 120 yds, it was too late. Then they putted everything out like it was the Masters.

They sat in their cart between the first and second holes. After i holed out for double, the woman, with her back to me in her cart, just waved me on, never bothering to turn around. I ignored them the same way they ignored me, just drove by. Why do people insist on playing a full course when there are plenty of executive courses which they could actually have fun playing?#slowplay

Here's mine. Got behind a married couple on the first hole. They were playing the 5,000 yard tees. I watched them tee off at 10:39. I watched them hit dink shot after dink shot, 10 yards at a time. The old guy was so doddering, he walked bow-legged and kind of shuffled sideways. He hit about 5 shots after his tee shot, finally told his wife to take the cart to the green while he decided to walk to the green from 120 yards. When i finally had room, i hit a great drive down the middle. Now i was right behind them. I yelled, mind if i play thru? They ignored me. Never turned around, never looked back. She drives behind the green, chips on. He hits it on from the front. She gets the flag out. They both putt. Out. All the way. In the hole. They both had to have made at least a 10. Maybe a 15. Each. Never looked at me. Never acknowledged that anyone else was there. They doddered down to their cart. Time: 11:00. That's 21 minutes to play one hole. Can say SLOOOOW?

Yes, i should have skipped the hole and played it later. But I realized that after i hit a great drive on a 400 yard par-4. By the time I realized that he was going to walk/stagger the final 120 yds, it was too late. Then they putted everything out like it was the Masters.

They sat in their cart between the first and second holes. After i holed out for double, the woman, with her back to me in her cart, just waved me on, never bothering to turn around. I ignored them the same way they ignored me, just drove by. Why do people insist on playing a full course when there are plenty of executive courses which they could actually have fun playing?

In Yuma, that's winter golf for you. You see a ton of 75 year olds hitting worm burners and bunts down the fairway. 

Meanwhile, I'm stuck hitting shots 10 minutes apart.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Just played this morning with a guy who spent way too much time on the greens, check from behind, check from half way to the hole, check from the opposite side of the hole, plumb bob, two or three practice strokes and still missed the put or came up way short. Finally after 9 holes I told him I was going to play ahead and that 2 1/2 hours to play nine hole with no one in front of us was way too much time. I finished up in an hour and 20 minutes but man I could not take anymore of that PGA tour want to be attitude on the greens. Speed it up!!

I always say to myself "it wouldn't take me that long to miss a putt"

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

In Yuma, that's winter golf for you. You see a ton of 75 year olds hitting worm burners and bunts down the fairway. 

Meanwhile, I'm stuck hitting shots 10 minutes apart.

Page 2: After I passed this couple on #2, I saw them again when I was on #14 -- they had gotten all the way to #7.

#nolie

#ignoresingle

All i read into your story was you bombed a drive on that par 4 400yard hole . But double bogeyed. Maybe skip the course and work at the range...no slow play there.

If I went to the range every time I missed par after a good drive I could sell my putter.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

"I say, Goldfinger: weren't you playing a Slazenger 3?"

I might add the cart at the green/ fringe as one. ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1463874607.047634.jpg

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I'm gonna add the "know it all guy who tries to give you an unwanted lesson."

Leave me alone guy, I didn't ask for your help and we've played together before and I beat you by 10 shots.

Side note, this same guy also never shuts up, take a zillion practice swings and once told me he played poorly bc he was stuck between his Tiger and Phil swing patterns

-_-

I might add the cart at the green/ fringe as one. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1463874607.047634.jpg

I do that all the time, courses around me don't care much and most times I do it to speed up play. I hate watching 4 people trudge out of the cart line up putts miss them, miss the comebacker and saunter over to the carts again while waiting to hit a short iron into the green. At least in my case, there's a good reason and the courses mostly allow it.

The group pressuring you, hitting into you, etc. Without bothering to notice you're waiting on two groups ahead of you. I play on alot of tight, wooded courses where you can only see the group ahead of you from the green. The other day two guys on a cart were pressing our walking twosome from the third tee, and then hit into us on the fifth. We play on up to the seventh tee, where we were waiting on said groups to finish/tee off when these two come rolling up the path out of the woods. One guy sees the jam up and says "oh - there's guys in front of 'em." I make eye contact and say "yup.".

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Also - and maybe this is gamesmanship on his part - but when golfing with my Dad, after my practice swing he would always say"you don't have to kill it, son". Threw me off every time.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Also - and maybe this is gamesmanship on his part - but when golfing with my Dad, after my practice swing he would always say"you don't have to kill it, son". Threw me off every time.

I'm going to remember that one for when I play with my son next week. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My course is holding the Washington State H.S. championships; today is the last day!  On Saturday the club had a tournament and my wife and I had the first tee time after the last group went off #1.  That group was slooow!!  We waited on every shot through the front nine.  For the first few holes there were groups in front of them, but by the turn, they were way behind.  That's not the bad part.  

We were on #10 when I saw the course marshal cruising the #11 fairway and over to the par 3 #12.  When we finished putting on #11, I thought that we might be able to play through on #12 as they were still on the #12 tee box.  That was when I saw 4 walkers coming from the clubhouse out to #12.  They were a coach and 3 players that were in the State championships this week and they were trying to get in a practice round.  They were supposed to start on #10 but were late getting there so the clubhouse sent them out on the course because the marshal said there were 2 open holes in front of the group in front of us.  By the time we got to the tee box, the group in front of us had let the walkers tee off in front of them, instead of making them go out one more hole.  So here we sat for 30 minutes, watching two groups play a 155y par 3 over sand and water into a 20 mph wind.  I called the clubhouse to find out what gives and told them what happened.  They said they were supposed to find the hole in the groups.  I let it ruin my round.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm gonna add the "know it all guy who tries to give you an unwanted lesson."

Leave me alone guy, I didn't ask for your help and we've played together before and I beat you by 10 shots.

Side note, this same guy also never shuts up, take a zillion practice swings and once told me he played poorly bc he was stuck between his Tiger and Phil swing patterns

-_-

I think he is now a member at my club and I ran into him on Saturday before my round on the putting green.  Making small talk I tell him I have been struggling with the flat stick a bit and he gives me in impromptu lesson on how to putt (none of which was rooted in any golf fundamentals).  I talked to our Asst. Pro later in the day and the guy told him that if I shoot a good round today it was because of his putting tip.  The pro responded by telling him that I was the lowest cap at the club and a good round is always imminent for me.

WITB 2024

I think he is now a member at my club and I ran into him on Saturday before my round on the putting green. Making small talk I tell him I have been struggling with the flat stick a bit and he gives me in impromptu lesson on how to putt (none of which was rooted in any golf fundamentals). I talked to our Asst. Pro later in the day and the guy told him that if I shoot a good round today it was because of his putting tip. The pro responded by telling him that I was the lowest cap at the club and a good round is always imminent for me.

Hahaha that's great.

I wasn't even talking to this dude. I missed one of a handful of putts and the dude walks over and grabs my putter and starts to give me a lesson. WTF...

Sent from my LG-AS990 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hahaha that's great.

I wasn't even talking to this dude. I missed one of a handful of putts and the dude walks over and grabs my putter and starts to give me a lesson. WTF...

Sent from my LG-AS990 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Priceless.

I don't mind getting help from anyone if I ask for it.  This guy was talking to me like I never played the game before.  I am assuming by his index that my worst day putting would be a career day for him.  It is not like I am missing three footers and three jacking 8 holes a round; just not making as many as I should be.

WITB 2024

Golfers who ****** about women, beginners, or kids playing are usually the ones who bemoan courses closing and wonder how to "grow the game."

Carts next to greens or tee offs is inexcusable. If it takes you that long to walk 10 yards (the recommended distance from a green/tee) you aren't going to be breaking any speed records.

I had a group let me play through the other day, but they decided to park their cart on the right side of the fairway exactly in the middle of the landing area on a semi-blind tee shot. I lost my ball to the right a little (lot) and hit the tree they were parked under. They gave me the stink eye as I played through. Just infuriating.

Archived