Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What bothers you on the course..Pet peeves anyone?

Badfish

I do that all the time, courses around me don't care much and most times I do it to speed up play. I hate watching 4 people trudge out of the cart line up putts miss them, miss the comebacker and saunter over to the carts again while waiting to hit a short iron into the green. At least in my case, there's a good reason and the courses mostly allow it.

You drive up onto the green/fringe itself? I am not talking about a couple of yards nearby, I mean these people literally drove onto the putting surface. when this photo was taken, I was a single behind them and their two buddies are outside of the picture on the right. So i feel ya on the wait etc.

Some courses here want 30 yards from the green, something to do with the root system. i walk so don't have to mess with any of that. 

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You drive up onto the green/fringe itself? I am not talking about a couple of yards nearby, I mean these people literally drove onto the putting surface. when this photo was taken, I was a single behind them and their two buddies are outside of the picture on the right. So i feel ya on the wait etc.

Some courses here want 30 yards from the green, something to do with the root system. i walk so don't have to mess with any of thaF

Not that close but I've driven across a few fringes in my time by accident . The fringe around us tends to be fairway length so it's not a huge deal as long as the course isn't soaked. And on the green? That's some great etiquette right there.(NOT)

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 2 weeks later...

What really bothers me is when a group lets you play through and looks at you like you are defiling their daughter on the living room coffee table. "Sorry for doing the thing you asked me to do."

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I got a good one from today's round,,, we had the first tee time at 6 am this morning, 3 of us played the front in 1 hour 15 minutes. We get to 11 and see a twosome on the green by the time we got to 12 there was a 4 some and the twosome waiting. Now the benefit of being the first ones out and should never have to Waite was ruined because the course needs to make a few extra bucks allowing groups to play 9 holes on the back, by the way it took us 2 hours and a half to play the back. We waited on every hole, not a good day and they never even turned around to perhaps say let's let a 3 some through. BS if you ask me.

Slow play-I'm fine with someone shooting 125 but taking 6 practice swings and standing over it for 30 secs drives me nuts.

"Swing coach guy"...I know the swing pretty well but will only help my friends when asked. Was playing in a 2man scramble not to long ago. And we pulled up and this guy was talking to everyone and hitting everyone's club on the range and giving his "critique". His partner is struggling on the range and he's giving lessons and showing him how to do it. He told the guy "don't worry bud, I'll fix it for you on the course." Best believe I checked their score after both days and they shot a couple of nice 77s in the 2man scramble...

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I got a good one from today's round,,, we had the first tee time at 6 am this morning, 3 of us played the front in 1 hour 15 minutes. We get to 11 and see a twosome on the green by the time we got to 12 there was a 4 some and the twosome waiting. Now the benefit of being the first ones out and should never have to Waite was ruined because the course needs to make a few extra bucks allowing groups to play 9 holes on the back, by the way it took us 2 hours and a half to play the back. We waited on every hole, not a good day and they never even turned around to perhaps say let's let a 3 some through. BS if you ask me.

This....OR in some cases where they let you go through but it's like they almost expect you to skip the hole and move onto the next. We were let through not to long ago on a par 3 and the guys stood on the green 15 ft from the pin while we hit...we both missed the green by 20yds...I'm gonna say in fear of killing one of them if we hit it good.

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

This....OR in some cases where they let you go through but it's like they almost expect you to skip the hole and move onto the next. We were let through not to long ago on a par 3 and the guys stood on the green 15 ft from the pin while we hit...we both missed the green by 20yds...I'm gonna say in fear of killing one of them if we hit it good.

Yeah I don't get it, why hold me back and if and when you let me through why crucify me

My dad made us stand on the green like that when I was a kid. The guy hit me right in the stomach. Spoiler alert: my dad and I don't get along now.

Archived