Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Looper Thought #11

Looper4life

So I caddied at Whistling straits and in 2006 I ran a loop with this really cool couple. On number 13 theres a maintenance shack far left off the tee with it being a dog leg left hole...gotta be right. Well macho man tries flying the shack and lands 20 feet in front of the damn thing. I say punch out to the right take your medicine or ill open the door to the shack and you punch one through and we will putt for birdie....he laces it into the door jam it flies back at us at mach 7 and smashes his georgia peach of a wife in the collarbone shattering both collar bone and shoulder ambulance hospital the whole 9 yards...horrible. 3 years later they come back. On 13 macho man comes up 20 feet short of the damn shack I say well.. we can punch out orrrr... and he cuts me off and sais, Hell no we aint punching it through that shack last time I carded a 7 doing that!

You had me for a moment because I'm thinking. "No wait 13 goes a little right. 14 is the dogleg left...." :(

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Ha!

So why do so many golf jokes involve some form of the wife being the .. well .. "butt" of the joke..??!!??

And is this a bad time/place to admit I play golf with my wife ... and enjoy it..??

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Ha!

So why do so many golf jokes involve some form of the wife being the .. well .. "butt" of the joke..??!!??

And is this a bad time/place to admit I play golf with my wife ... and enjoy it..??

Not at all! I met my wife on the golf course, proposed to her on the first tee, and a year later got married on the first tee. The ceremony took about 5 minutes; performed by a jazz musician from Seattle; then we turned around and teed off. Carts, food and drinks for everyone!!!! That was 9 years ago. We just got back from a week of golf in Central Oregon.

The other guys are just jealous. They say that I have a unicorn; guess you have one too!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not at all! I met my wife on the golf course, proposed to her on the first tee, and a year later got married on the first tee. The ceremony took about 5 minutes; performed by a jazz musician from Seattle; then we turned around and teed off. Carts, food and drinks for everyone!!!! That was 9 years ago. We just got back from a week of golf in Central Oregon.

The other guys are just jealous. They say that I have a unicorn; guess you have one too!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

https://youtu.be/hKWmFWRVLlU

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Wow thx for explaining the reference (that was HILARIOUS!!!!!).

And yeah - mine is solidly in that magical zone, AND ... she's a great cook!!!!!!!!!!!

Life Is Good :)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Ha!

What do you think the ladies say about us? And they are smart enough not to post it online.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Kenny B, I too have that mythical unicorn! This story is one of my favorite caddie set up jokes. Use it when your group is waiting on a tee box and put yourself in as the caddie. Ps Hey Dhuck its a joke! I hope the ladies think its funny. Hell replace the women with the man in the story if it makes you more comfortable...i forget the sensitivity of some.

Kenny B, I too have that mythical unicorn! This story is one of my favorite caddie set up jokes. Use it when your group is waiting on a tee box and put yourself in as the caddie. Ps Hey Dhuck its a joke! I hope the ladies think its funny. Hell replace the women with the man in the story if it makes you more comfortable...i forget the sensitivity of some.

Sensitive? I posted a version of that same joke we have a golf joke thread somewhere on this site.

The first time I heard that joke the wife actually perishes the guy only remembers making a double.

At this point, I could be guilty for being sensitive about being cited for being sensitive.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Archived