Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

New vs old drivers

Justin H

Well you're in luck. (sort of) I was selected to test and rank the new Cleveland driver by they kind folks here. My current driver is the same as your M2. So while our games could be different I will hopefully be able to give you a good idea of what you can expect between the two drivers. Please feel free to PM me any questions or test requests and I'll see what I can make happen.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great!! I'll definitely keep an eye on the test and your feedback. I'm interested to see everyone's take on one of the few non-adjustable drivers to hit the market from a major brand. If you finish the test cycle and hate it, I might know a guy....

Happy testing  :)

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread.  I suppose we might have to qualify what is "old drivers"?  In my case, I just upgraded this past winter from a GBB to a Callaway Razr-Fit. For a number of years, my playing partners kept urging me to upgrade my driver.  It's not that I couldn't hit the GBB well, but they were certain that I would hit a more modern driver better.  I was dubious and did not want to me a fish on the marketing guy's hook. 

But I must say that the change has been positive.  My average distance is about 20-30 yards further and the forgiveness an additional 200 cc's of surface area provides is notable. Perhaps even more important is that I have increased confidence off the tee.  I only wish I had upgraded years earlier.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Archived