Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Headphones While on the Range

Seef824

Barb's list is infused with 60's Soul music and that spells Rythym! Which is what you want when swinging.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Enough about the earbuds -- what do you guys listen to? What's the ultimate range playlist???

Just a little bit of the playlist

Range.png

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

As far as ear buds go I have a pair of Bose wired earbuds. I wasnt a big fan of the silicone tips they have. Never seemed to fit right no matter the size. Instead I have ordered brand new ones. My friend is a iron man competitor and its the tips he uses. Comply foam tips

In terms of music I will do a mix I will have 2000's pop 2000's hip hop. It varies from Usher to Hootie and the blowfish to Lil Jon. It will also throw in the occasional stand up bit which can help keep me loose

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

• SPY VIP

I love music on the range, tune the world out and get into a groove

TIP: For those wearing in-ears -Try and find a model you like the sound that has a braided fabric cable, does not stick to the skin under your shirt in summer.

Here's some great budget priced IEM's that sound way above their price:

Build quality on Brainwavz is fantastic

Brainwavz Delta (recommend foam tips)
http://www.amazon.com/BRAINWAVZ-Brainwavz-Delta-IEM-Earphones/dp/B00FSA8VQ2

Brainwavz Jive

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Isolating-Earphones-iPhones-Blue-iOS/dp/B013OKX89C/ref=pd_sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=31vxqcP2NeL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1SEYSM0SP900KY3RWWWQ

MEE Audio (as Brad mentioned)

http://www.meeaudio.com/

http://www.meeaudio.com/products/

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I just listen to a metronome at 112 bpm. I guess I could try to put every songs bpm in iTunes and make a playlist, but I'm lazy. (112 bpm because that's my normal walking pace, in case you were wondering)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I listen to music whenever I go to the range alone because if I'm working on a specific thing, I put the same song on repeat. When I get to the course, I just sing the song the hum the beat and it not only takes me out of the situation and focuses me on the task, it helps to ingrain the feelings I was working on at the range.

I use this most often when working on sand shots or a new pitching technique.

Also as others have said, if you don't have workout earbuds that wrap around your ear, just run them inside your shirt and keep your phone in your pocket. That's why I typically do.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Callaway XR Pro 8* - Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway XR 15* - Project X LZ 6.0

Tour Issue Taylormade R15 19* - Motore Speeder 661 X
Cobra King Pro CB 4-PW - Project X 6.5
Callaway MD3 Black Shamrock LE - 50, 54, 58 - Tour Issue DG S200
Odyssey Works #7 CH

Thank you all for your input.  It sounds like most earbuds will work well at the range.  I have a set of PSB over ear headphones for use at work, so those wont really work well on the range.  I think I would like a wireless set because I will occasionally put my phone on the ground with the Zepp app open so I can see how my swings are.

I also really like TheLetterSee's response of listening to the same song on repeat while working on a particular shot.  I could really see that being useful because I occasionally need to get out of my head and stop thinking.  Having a song to go to would help with that.

Driver: Ping G30 SFTech Stiff Flex

3W: Cobra F9, Atmos TS Blue 7S

5W: Cobra F6

4H: Cobra F7 4-5H 22* Stiff Flex

5-PW: Taylormade RSI TP +1/2", 2* Upright, Stiff Flex (DG S400)

50, 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey, F-Grind/M-Grind

Archived