TESTERS WANTED! ×

OGIO - No Chatter Golf Bag

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

OGIO - looks like they have another great idea to add to their great bag line. I think this one was pretty clever.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

ogio-bag-quiet.jpg

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Not sure Nasty...we will put an email into OGIO to find out. I don't even think they know anyone knows about this as of right now though. So we might not get an answer.

#TruthDigest

that is just streight up ugly, if someone is bother by the noise, then they should cover all there clubs

Ts3 w. 9.5 oban isawa 75g xflex

tsi2 15deg w. Addi 85x 

Vintage 712u 3i with x100

MP18 4-9 w. X100

t7 wedges x100

newport2 heavy 

Thats going to add a bit of weight to the bag. Whats going to happen when the inevitable occurs and it breaks and you can't put your clubs in or take them out :)

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

I saw a bag by Bag Boy (maybe, not sure on the brand) a few years ago that addressed this issue in a much more logical way (IMO): it had a molded plastic spot in each slot that the shaft snapped into. Once the shaft was snapped in, the club would not move. To my mind, clamping and unclamping all my clubs to remove one doesn't make much sense and it seems like there would still be chatter when they got locked and unlocked. JMO.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Yeah, this is a great idea!!!

It appears that not only will it reduce chatter, but it looks like it will keep things in place pretty well while traveling...

In my  :callaway-small: 2018 Org14 Cart Bag I have:

:callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5°

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Fairway 3W 15° & 5W 18°, Project X Even Flow 65-R

:callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3-H 18° (+2° set to 20°), Steelfiber fc-75

:callaway-small: 2019 Big Bertha 4-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil ZT9 460 Graphite

:callaway-small: 2019 PM Grind Tour Grey 56/14, JAWS MD5 52/10

:odyssey-small: Triple Track DoubleWide, Stroke Lab 32in shaft, SuperStroke WristLock Grip

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft Yellow, Triple Track, Truvis, Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece

• SPY VIP

Looks like the old cartoon bear traps. I agree with Matt that adding a mechanical element to the Bag Boy snap model seems unnecessary.

Doubt that this will be available as an aftermarket add-on though. New bag only IMO.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Looks like another 'marketing' solution to a non-problem.

Most newer bags have enough padding to control the banging. My Mizuno Speedster is pretty good, but even if it's not perfect, I kinda like the sound of metal to metal !~

Genius idea but how many people will actually but into it? I think its great but I know I won't ever buy it, I'd rather spend my money on new club technology vs. a new clatter proof bag for $200. (and thats a guess on the price)

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

Great concept but isn't the clanking (or chatter) of the clubs the music of golf?

Absolutely! I don't want my sticks dinged (that's why I play Ping), but the sounds of metal spikes on the cartpaths has gone by the wayside.....now clubs "clinking" together to the rhythm of the walker.

Like metal baseball cleats in a dugout......there are certain sounds that evoke memories of good times.

Maybe better for bags on carts?

• SPY VIP

I've managed to get a little bit more information in this. It's called the Silencer and it will be built into a few of OGIO's 2011 bags. I'm digging into whether it will be a stand bag only, cart bag only, or both.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 2 weeks later...

Archived