TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - NIKE VAPOR FLEX 440

JBones

What shaft did the vapor flex come with and what shaft is in your vapor pro? I too struggle with the occasional low heel hit, but mine are caused by spinning out my lower body- there are other causes mind you.

Diamana Blueboard Xstiff. But it was to whippy for me. Switched it our for my Kuro Kage Silver Xstiff. I have zero problem hitting the sweet spot with my Vapor Pro, but there is just something different about the Flex. And its really bothering me cause when I connect with the Flex, its better than the Pro! So much less spin. Better(lower) ball flight. Im not giving up on it, but i just need more time with it. I love everything about it except the fact that im not hitting it square. Urgh!

Diamana Blueboard Xstiff. But it was to whippy for me. Switched it our for my Kuro Kage Silver Xstiff. I have zero problem hitting the sweet spot with my Vapor Pro, but there is just something different about the Flex. And its really bothering me cause when I connect with the Flex, its better than the Pro! So much less spin. Better(lower) ball flight. Im not giving up on it, but i just need more time with it. I love everything about it except the fact that im not hitting it square. Urgh!

What weight is the blue board vs the kk? I really like the look of the head w/ the weight port. I'm guessing your pro is 460 vs the 440 in the vapor, so it's inherently less forgiving

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I swapped out the stock Diamana for a Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73 and had pretty solid results, although the Diamana was pretty decent for me.  I've found with this driver, as with most - my results get spotty when I really try getting after it.  But it's easy to feel like you can get after it, if that makes any sense.  

Another thing about this driver that's interesting is how much of an affect moving the Flight pod actually has on ball flight and forgiveness.  I hit the ball high with a positive AOA so I tried moving the heavy end forward and found that it made the driver noticeably less forgiving and a heck of a lot spinnier.  Moving the heavy end toward the rear, and then cranking the loft down to 8.5 made a world of difference.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I was also surpised at how much it changed my ball flight. And the drop in ball spin was something Ive been searching for. Im not giving up on it, but i need some more range time to get my swing set for it. Such a great driver when struck solid.

Both are 60.

I tried to find more info on the stock shaft , looks to be part of the higher balance point shafts, my kryptonite! Hopefully you can get squared up with a shaft to make it come to life!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

What lofts are you finding to work best? I've tried the 440 Flex with the weight for a mid-launch and the loft set at 8.5 and it seems to give me the best penetrating flight. The sound at impact is still tough to get used too.

Nice reviews guys. After reading these I was curious and got to hit this yesterday at a Nike demo day at my club. Love the look of the Flex, but not the results. Hit six different shafts and just could not get it dialed in.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Mine is in the bullpen right now. Consistency is hard to find and with 30 different settings it's been a challenge finding the right one.

Will be hitting the range again today - will see what we can come up with. I really want to make this work because I absolutely love the sound and feel. And my first round with it was driving magic - want to get that mojo back!!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Mine is setup at low launch and 8.5. Ive messed with 5 shafts to see if I can get my swing right and its frustrating me beyond belief! As Barb stated, the sound and feel is amazing, but im just not hitting it solid. Maybe next year they will give us a 460 version???

• SPY VIP

Guy in my Sunday group plays the 440 flex. He's already a very long hitter so I'm not sure how much he may be leaving on the table vs other drivers.

I gotta say though, I just can't get over the wet towel slap sound at impact. Just sound so irregular to most other drivers I've heard.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Mine is setup at low launch and 8.5. Ive messed with 5 shafts to see if I can get my swing right and its frustrating me beyond belief! As Barb stated, the sound and feel is amazing, but im just not hitting it solid. Maybe next year they will give us a 460 version???

I'm on my 4th shaft with this driver and still can't get things right, frustration doesn't even begin to describe things.

• 1 month later...

Well I guess we can put a wrap on this review 😀

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Sound is totally Wierd on this club haven't got fitted with it yet tinkered with it at range and when struck well super long driver just need to get fitted to it as I would recommend with any driver looking forward to more than one round with driver

Now that you know there will not be any more Nike clubs, does that change your impressions?  How do you feel about Nike's decision to cease equipment operations?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Now that you know there will not be any more Nike clubs, does that change your impressions? How do you feel about Nike's decision to cease equipment operations?

It doesnt change my impression of Nike Golf. Other than I never thought Id see them quit at anything. Im not happy about it. If you know me outside of this message board, you know that Im a diehard Nike guy. So it was pretty much the worst day ever for me.

It doesnt change my impression of Nike Golf. Other than I never thought Id see them quit at anything. Im not happy about it. If you know me outside of this message board, you know that Im a diehard Nike guy. So it was pretty much the worst day ever for me.

Same here. I don't think there has been a day in the last 10+ years where I didn't wear or use a Nike product. I always thought they could and would outlast others because of the size of their bank accounts.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

That's great to hear......Now the story needs to be told of all the Nike product supporters and their continued use of the gear..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Bad news after hitting about 20 balls today on range the back part had a hairline crack I didn't see and half of back part split and now that nike has no drivers any more all I can do is get refund sucks 150 refund for 500 dollar driver with 300 dollar shaft was super excited for this driver and had factory flaw real disappointing ending

Sent from my SM-S975L using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have broken two of these drivers in two weeks. A crack right down the crown starting at the RZN. Anybody else having issues like that?

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

I have broken two of these drivers in two weeks. A crack right down the crown starting at the RZN. Anybody else having issues like that?

I've heard this a few times. It really sucks cause the people I know that have bought it love the driver but how they hold up is a completely different story

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

With your swing speed have you tried out the 8.5 degree setting? (couple months late) I have a similar speed and was wondering what the ball flight may have looked like for you.

Max

Driver - TM R11 8* Fujikara Motore F3 TP 80 :taylormade-small:

Irons - TM TP forged (2005) 2-PW DG X100 :taylormade-small:

Wedges - Scratch 1018 54 + 61 DG X 100    :scatch-golf-1:

Putter - Ping Redwood Blade   :ping-small:

Ball - Nike RZN Black  :nike-small:

• 1 month later...

The club has been quite a bomber and taken over the gamer role. but... mine lasted 3 weeks before splitting in two.

20161004_015956.jpg

20161004_015901.jpg

This was back in Sept and Nike told me there was nothing they could do other than having me send the club back for $150 gift card on Nike.com. Out of options I decided to fix it myself.  It's actually incredibly simple. The plastic back is jointed to the metal front with tongue and grove, and there was very little glue in the grove. I applied plenty of shaft epoxy and put it back together, and left it in a press with some light pressure for the epoxy to cure. 

I have had zero problem since. 

The club has been quite a bomber and taken over the gamer role. but... mine lasted 3 weeks before splitting in two.

attachicon.gif20161004_015956.jpg

attachicon.gif20161004_015901.jpg

This was back in Sept and Nike told me there was nothing they could do other than having me send the club back for $150 gift card on Nike.com. Out of options I decided to fix it myself.  It's actually incredibly simple. The plastic back is jointed to the metal front with tongue and grove, and there was very little glue in the grove. I applied plenty of shaft epoxy and put it back together, and left it in a press with some light pressure for the epoxy to cure. 

This guy has been my gamer for the second half of the golf season -- I don't think my swing speed (100 or so) is enough to do any damage, but good to know it can be fixed.  I don't let @evershady hit mine, tho -- he has a 120 swing speed and he may make this thing disintegrate!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

attachicon.gif20161004_015956.jpg

attachicon.gif20161004_015901.jpg

This was back in Sept and Nike told me there was nothing they could do other than having me send the club back for $150 gift card on Nike.com. Out of options I decided to fix it myself. It's actually incredibly simple. The plastic back is jointed to the metal front with tongue and grove, and there was very little glue in the grove. I applied plenty of shaft epoxy and put it back together, and left it in a press with some light pressure for the epoxy to cure.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I wish my driver had just split like that, but unfortunately the back half of the RZN cracked completely in half. I miss this driver but I have found a suitable replacement in the Cobra F6+.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived