OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - NIKE VAPOR FLEX 440

Our Sponsors

• SPY VIP

Guy in my Sunday group plays the 440 flex. He's already a very long hitter so I'm not sure how much he may be leaving on the table vs other drivers.

I gotta say though, I just can't get over the wet towel slap sound at impact. Just sound so irregular to most other drivers I've heard.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still can't believe I was chosen.  So cool.....I entered this review with absolutely zero thought of being selected.  SOOO excited to be able to contribute to this one!   About me: My current inde

Hey everyone, my name is Nick Spears and I really want to thank everyone at MyGolfSpy for choosing me to review the Nike Flex 440. I am a diehard Nike guy and by that I mean, I play nothing but Nike.

NIKE FLEX 440-OFFICIAL MGS FORUM REVIEW by NSpears23   As a Nike lover, I went in to this review hoping this was gonna be my favorite driver ever. So lets find out if it ends the way I hope!   P

Posted Images

Mine is setup at low launch and 8.5. Ive messed with 5 shafts to see if I can get my swing right and its frustrating me beyond belief! As Barb stated, the sound and feel is amazing, but im just not hitting it solid. Maybe next year they will give us a 460 version???

I'm on my 4th shaft with this driver and still can't get things right, frustration doesn't even begin to describe things.

• 1 month later...

Well I guess we can put a wrap on this review 😀

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Sound is totally Wierd on this club haven't got fitted with it yet tinkered with it at range and when struck well super long driver just need to get fitted to it as I would recommend with any driver looking forward to more than one round with driver

Now that you know there will not be any more Nike clubs, does that change your impressions?  How do you feel about Nike's decision to cease equipment operations?

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Now that you know there will not be any more Nike clubs, does that change your impressions? How do you feel about Nike's decision to cease equipment operations?

It doesnt change my impression of Nike Golf. Other than I never thought Id see them quit at anything. Im not happy about it. If you know me outside of this message board, you know that Im a diehard Nike guy. So it was pretty much the worst day ever for me.

• Like 1

It doesnt change my impression of Nike Golf. Other than I never thought Id see them quit at anything. Im not happy about it. If you know me outside of this message board, you know that Im a diehard Nike guy. So it was pretty much the worst day ever for me.

Same here. I don't think there has been a day in the last 10+ years where I didn't wear or use a Nike product. I always thought they could and would outlast others because of the size of their bank accounts.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

That's great to hear......Now the story needs to be told of all the Nike product supporters and their continued use of the gear..

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Bad news after hitting about 20 balls today on range the back part had a hairline crack I didn't see and half of back part split and now that nike has no drivers any more all I can do is get refund sucks 150 refund for 500 dollar driver with 300 dollar shaft was super excited for this driver and had factory flaw real disappointing ending

Sent from my SM-S975L using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have broken two of these drivers in two weeks. A crack right down the crown starting at the RZN. Anybody else having issues like that?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

I have broken two of these drivers in two weeks. A crack right down the crown starting at the RZN. Anybody else having issues like that?

I've heard this a few times. It really sucks cause the people I know that have bought it love the driver but how they hold up is a completely different story

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 3 weeks later...

With your swing speed have you tried out the 8.5 degree setting? (couple months late) I have a similar speed and was wondering what the ball flight may have looked like for you.

Max

Driver - TM R11 8* Fujikara Motore F3 TP 80 :taylormade-small:

Irons - TM TP forged (2005) 2-PW DG X100 :taylormade-small:

Wedges - Scratch 1018 54 + 61 DG X 100    :scatch-golf-1:

Putter - Ping Redwood Blade   :ping-small:

Ball - Nike RZN Black  :nike-small:

• 1 month later...

The club has been quite a bomber and taken over the gamer role. but... mine lasted 3 weeks before splitting in two.

20161004_015956.jpg

20161004_015901.jpg

This was back in Sept and Nike told me there was nothing they could do other than having me send the club back for $150 gift card on Nike.com. Out of options I decided to fix it myself.  It's actually incredibly simple. The plastic back is jointed to the metal front with tongue and grove, and there was very little glue in the grove. I applied plenty of shaft epoxy and put it back together, and left it in a press with some light pressure for the epoxy to cure. 

I have had zero problem since. 

• Like 1

The club has been quite a bomber and taken over the gamer role. but... mine lasted 3 weeks before splitting in two.

attachicon.gif20161004_015956.jpg

attachicon.gif20161004_015901.jpg

This was back in Sept and Nike told me there was nothing they could do other than having me send the club back for $150 gift card on Nike.com. Out of options I decided to fix it myself.  It's actually incredibly simple. The plastic back is jointed to the metal front with tongue and grove, and there was very little glue in the grove. I applied plenty of shaft epoxy and put it back together, and left it in a press with some light pressure for the epoxy to cure. 

This guy has been my gamer for the second half of the golf season -- I don't think my swing speed (100 or so) is enough to do any damage, but good to know it can be fixed.  I don't let @evershady hit mine, tho -- he has a 120 swing speed and he may make this thing disintegrate!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

attachicon.gif20161004_015956.jpg

attachicon.gif20161004_015901.jpg

This was back in Sept and Nike told me there was nothing they could do other than having me send the club back for $150 gift card on Nike.com. Out of options I decided to fix it myself. It's actually incredibly simple. The plastic back is jointed to the metal front with tongue and grove, and there was very little glue in the grove. I applied plenty of shaft epoxy and put it back together, and left it in a press with some light pressure for the epoxy to cure.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I wish my driver had just split like that, but unfortunately the back half of the RZN cracked completely in half. I miss this driver but I have found a suitable replacement in the Cobra F6+.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy