TESTERS WANTED! ×

In need of rain suit

kybourbon

Hey all..

I'm in the market for a good, reliable rain suit. The prices so far are unbelievably high.. I'm wondering what experience you guys have had with some of these. I'd hate to pay over $200 for something and hate it! Im not bias toward any brand.. FJ and Under Armor seem to look the best so far but I'm well aware there are probably better, and cheaper options out there! Help!

:titelist-small: 915 D2 9.5* Aldila 60-3.4-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 3 Hybrid 19* Fujikura Motore 7.3 HB Tour Spec Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 4 Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore 7.3 HB Tour Spec Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP-5 Forged Irons 5-PW  KBS Tour 130 X  Soft Stepped

:mizuno-small: S5 Blue Ion 50* / 54* / 58* KBS Tour 90 S
:titelist-small:  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo

Not sure what size you are, and sizes are limited now, but Budget golf has pretty good deals on Mizuno Hyper rain stuff.  Jacket for $60 and pants for $70.

MGS review - http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/5645-mizuno-impermalite-rain-shell-and-pant-review/

You can also find decent deals on the Nike Storm lineup that comes with a jacket and pants together.  I've had one of those sets for 5 or 6 years and it's held up pretty decent.

Other than that your best bet is checking places like TGW, Global Golf, Golfdiscount, budgetgolf etc for their closeout sections.

I would also base your budget on how much you will be playing in the rain and how dry and comfortable you want to be.  If you're looking for something easily packable to get you out of the rain on an occasional round then don't spend a lot of money.  If you play in the rain a fair amount and want the best then be prepared to shell out some dough for a higher end gortex suit.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'd say it depends on your situation. Do you play a lot in the rain? Is it going to be hot out? I've found that the cheaper stuff does fine (and by cheaper I mean the $100 FJ pants). They don't breathe and are hateful in the summer time but I usually get most of my use out of them in the spring when it's not that warm yet anyway. Rain here in the summer is usually accompanied by thunderstorms so I'm not playing anyway. The more expensive stuff is a tough pill to swallow but more breathable if you play in the rain frequently.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Thanks guys. @hckymeye that mizuno suit is awesome! But jb makes a good point.. most of my rain play will be in the summers, and I would need something that won't bake me. I guess it would be nice to have something for spring - something that would keep me dry and warm - but also something to slip on in the summer for during a quick shower that won't cause me to overheat! 

:titelist-small: 915 D2 9.5* Aldila 60-3.4-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 3 Hybrid 19* Fujikura Motore 7.3 HB Tour Spec Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 4 Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore 7.3 HB Tour Spec Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP-5 Forged Irons 5-PW  KBS Tour 130 X  Soft Stepped

:mizuno-small: S5 Blue Ion 50* / 54* / 58* KBS Tour 90 S
:titelist-small:  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo

I have that Mizzy jacket in the long sleeve version and the short sleeve version.  I wear the short sleeves in the summer when it rains.  I also picked up some Northface slip on rain shorts for summer play last year.  I don't care if my arms or legs get wet, just trying to keep the clothes dry.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived