TESTERS WANTED! ×

What is your Bag? (Carry?)

I currently use a Sun Mountain MPB ... I love it because of the 14 club dividers. It's closer to 5.5 lbs, and there's currently a lighter version called the Four 5 (4.5 lbs) that I hope to try in the near future.

I have the Ping Latitude V2... It's nice cause it's a big carry bag that's not too much of a load to lug around... Downside is that although it does have the full length pocket dividers my grips sometimes don't want to cooperate when i'm pulling clubs out or putting them in.... Also the putter well doesn't like to treat me well, and i sometimes have to yank something fierce on the putter to get it out :)

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Su Mountain 3.5 is still one of if not the best carry bag on the market. I've got one and after around 6 other carry bags over the years will never buy another brand again.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

I have the four5 bag. Great lightweight bag. Very durable... But I will never own a bag with 14 club dividers again.

MY BAG

Driver:      Titleist 917D3 9.5, Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec 74 s-flex

Fairway:   Cobra Fly-z+ 15* x-flex
Irons:        Ping i25 4-PW (yellow dot), dynamic gold X100
Wedges:   Cleveland RTX 2.0 60*, TaylorMade TP EF 54*
Putter:       Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2, name stamped, II black oxide finish

Grips:        Golf Pride New Decade Midsize +2 wraps

why do you say that?

Having multiple dividers seems like a good idea, but if you use larger grips (I use midsize with two extra wraps) they get caught going in and out a bunch. Also, if you use a putter grip (which I do NOT) you can't even get the grip into one of those slots. I have a friend with a bag like mine and he uses jumbo putter grip, he ended up selling his bag.

Also the dividers keep the clubs separate, but they can still get jammed together by the weight of the clubs when the bag is in the "stand position" the dividers are very thin nylon.

I'm not saying that bags like these are BAD, but when this bag reaches the end of it's life, I'll be replacing it with something like the three5 which has 6 larger pockets.

MY BAG

Driver:      Titleist 917D3 9.5, Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec 74 s-flex

Fairway:   Cobra Fly-z+ 15* x-flex
Irons:        Ping i25 4-PW (yellow dot), dynamic gold X100
Wedges:   Cleveland RTX 2.0 60*, TaylorMade TP EF 54*
Putter:       Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2, name stamped, II black oxide finish

Grips:        Golf Pride New Decade Midsize +2 wraps

So, seems like there are not lots of under 5lb carry bags - what are you using, why did you choose it, and what do you think of it?

Do those Ping under 4 straps take any getting used to, or do they work out OK?

Many bags with dividers don't run the divider the full length of the bag so even though the heads are separate the grips still get tangled.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

My carry bag is the Mizuno Kabuki, nice to carry, comes with 2 x harness options, single or dual aerostrap harness., I keep both on and use the single for short carries, there is enough pocket room to carry all the junk I need so it is as heavy as I make it, divider system works well. Main gripe is the mesh pockets on the outside damage too easily and things fall out.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

I have the Sun Mountain Swift X. I love this other than it only has 2 club dividers. My irons get very jumbled together. I should have gone with the Ping 4 under or the 3.5 as they have more dividers. I do have the Ping Moon bag as well but won't use it after the Swift X. I may add a pound but its worth it not laying clubs on the ground...

KWheels 

The best Carry Bag of all time is the Club Glove it has all kinds of features and the best padded straps for carrying I've ever had, and I've had the Ping hoofer,Sun Mountain's,Titleist's, Mizuno's,and the TM's. but i have to go with the quality and craftmanship of the Club Glove bags their second to none.

http://www.clubglove.com/User/ViewProduct.asp?ProductID=563

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

IMO Ogio bags are the best in all areas: looks, construction, features. I haven't tried the recoil, but the Ozone and Grom are great.

Yeah, the Grom is what I have right now. Just looking for my second set, hehe.

How about Bennington stand bags?

Archived