• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Four Testers Wanted!!   Callaway CR 16/XR 16 Pro Driver/FW Combo     We Want YOU!!   There's a saying in Minnesota that's popular among golfers: Long and straight off the tee? It's better than

Kudos to the MGS Staff for giving us all these great opportunities to test out new equipment. I was one of the lucky ones chosen recently to test out the Mizuno JPX EZ driver and 3 wood combo, so goo

Definitely not showing that video to my wife. [emoji16]   Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

Posted Images

Your name and home state/province: Juan Manuel Fernandez de Sosa, Majadahonda, Spain

Your handicap: 15,6

​Your current driver/shaft: Ping G25 Regular flex

Your current driver swing speed: 90 mph

Kerry/Indianapolis, IN

11 Handicap

Great Big Bertha/ Ozik Matrix 65 reg shaft

speed varies between 87 to 91 mph (depending upon if I ate my Wheaties that morning or not)

The XR/XR Pro line has been on my list for a long time.. hit them at a demo day and loved them but had any opportunity to put them in play or compare to my 915D2 or G30 SF. Would love to put them head to head on my ES14 and use the fitting app and post results... would be great fun!

Tony Brown

HCP 5

Current gamer Ping G30 SF with Ping tour 80 shaft stiff flex

Driver swing speed 98-103

What's in the Bag?

- PING G400 SFTec driver, Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Blue Stiff, @ 9*

- PING G series 3w, Alta CB Stiff shaft @ 16*

- PING G400 19* & 22* Hybrid, Alta CB Stiff

- PING i200 Irons, Modus 105 stiff, soft stepped, purple dot 5-AW

- PING Glide 56, 60 wedges, Modus 105 wedge shafts

- Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C @ 32.75 inches

Hello golf spy, I am Cade Gullett from Minnesota, I play golf almost every day at my country club and am at about an 8 handicap right now. I would love to test out the new XR 16 driver and fairway because I am in need of a new driver and think I would provide some good honest reviews. My current driver is a taylormade SLDR with the stock fujikura shaft, I use a stiff shaft and my swing speed is about 110 mph

Name: Ann Taylor

Handicap: 10

Current Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Titanium 9 degree (about 15 years old)

Current Driver Shaft: Callaway RCH 65g Firm

Current Driver Swing Speed:  98 mph

I am very interested in the new Callaway XR - and have tested it once with a regular shaft at 10.5 degree

Hello golf spy, I am Cade Gullett from Minnesota, I play golf almost every day at my country club and am at about an 8 handicap right now. I would love to test out the new XR 16 driver and fairway because I am in need of a new driver and think I would provide some good honest reviews. My current driver is a taylormade SLDR with a aldila rogue black 70 MSI shaft, I use a stiff shaft and my swing speed is about 110 mph

-Shane, PA

-​Ping G LS Tec w/ Ping Tour 65 S flex / Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 70g S flex (interchangeable depending on desired launch conditions)

+/- 105

Just a dude trying to get back to a low single digit handicap.

Name: axel Fannar

Handicap: 4

Current driver and shaft: titleist 910d2 stiff flex

Swingspeed : 108 mph

I would love to try these clubs out because here in Iceland it is hard to get new clubs.

Brian, Cincinnati OH

​Callaway X2 Hot with xStiff Aldila Tour Green 65 

114 mph swing speed

I have been playing a Callaway driver for the last 10+ years. First it was the Great Big Bertha 3, which was a hand-me-down from my father. Loved that club, truly the first game changer in my golf game infancy. After playing it through out high school and some of college, I decided to upgrade to the Callaway Diablo Octane. As a college football player I needed a true grip it an rip it kind of club, and the Octane with it's oversized face and extra stiff shaft options was just the club for me. The Octane and I had a great run, the club was long and forgiving. While the Great Big Bertha 3 inspired my game the Octane shaped my game. Unfortunately, this match was short lived as one snowy day in Cincinnati, my best friend and I decided to head to driving range to shake off some winter rust. I committed a cardinal sin and let him hit one ball with my beloved driver, as soon as the ball left the club face I knew it was over. The hossle head joint had snapped, I picked up my broken driver the way old man Parker picked up the broken leg lamp in "A Christmas Story" and slowly walked to the car. 

The next day I called Callaway preparing my self for the worst... Surprisingly the woman on the other end apologized that the driver had broken and that they would gladly send me their newest driver free of charge. I was speechless, in today's society customer service has fallen into an obscure distant memory, but not with Callaway. True to their word they sent me the X2 Hot that I currently play, and because of their actions gained a customer for life.

The X2 quickly made me come to peace with my departed Octane, as I was now not only hitting it longer, but I was able to shape my shots with a high fade or a draw. The workablity of the X2 has brought new depth into my once sophomoric approach to game we all love. 

Callaway has really impressed me with their recent offerings, and the XR drivers seem to continue this trend. I would love to be a tester for this great company, and be able to share my experiences with all of you. Best of luck to everyone out there, keep em long and straight.