Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dented driver face?

Background: Purchased a fly z+, from globalgolf in April didn't use it until about 2 weeks ago, and put a kiyoshi black, have only used it for about 4-5 rounds of 9 and only about 12 range shots. Hit a couple of drives near the heel of the driver face, most around the center and above center.

Cleaned up after my 9 and noticed what looks like a dent in the heel. Which I never saw or noticed before. Maybe as a result of those heel hits?

1.) Looking for confirmation of a dent.

2.) Is it legal to play this club

3.) Should I contact global golf or cobra?

Exhibit a.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1464320435.380642.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1464320447.803114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Send it back. Defective obliviously. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Contact Cobra they will replace it

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Absolutely a dent. If I were you, I would contact a local retailer that carries Cobra who you have a good relationship with, and see if they can get it taken care of.  I would also reinstall the original shaft.  Your upgrade will not return from the factory.  

Good Luck!!

N.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Absolutely a dent. If I were you, I would contact a local retailer that carries Cobra who you have a good relationship with, and see if they can get it taken care of.  I would also reinstall the original shaft.  Your upgrade will not return from the factory.  

Good Luck!!

N.

Thanks for the responses guys. 

Contacted Cobra and like you said mbudy, they want me to take it to a local retailer. i am in luck as a guy I know who works at a nearby dicks told me to bring it in as well and he'll take care of it.  I will see about reinstalling the factory shaft, dont want to lose the Oban lol. 

My Mixed-Bag:

They probably won't require you to send the shaft in at least Titleist didn't when I sent mine.

Snell MTB-X

1. It's dented

2. It's most definitely an illegal club

3.  Absolutely...they wil  take good care of you..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

They probably won't require you to send the shaft in at least Titleist didn't when I sent mine.

It really depends on who you talk to in customer service.  I have had different answers from the same company on the same day.  If this were to come into our store, from a customer that we know, we would more often than not replace the driver out of our inventory, send the customer on his way to play....  and take the replacement when it arrives from the Manufacturer.  

I'm sure that most of your better shops would do the same.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

It really depends on who you talk to in customer service. I have had different answers from the same company on the same day. If this were to come into our store, from a customer that we know, we would more often than not replace the driver out of our inventory, send the customer on his way to play.... and take the replacement when it arrives from the Manufacturer.

I should have gone your way to pick it up in the first place, hindsight!

My Mixed-Bag:

It really depends on who you talk to in customer service.  I have had different answers from the same company on the same day.  If this were to come into our store, from a customer that we know, we would more often than not replace the driver out of our inventory, send the customer on his way to play....  and take the replacement when it arrives from the Manufacturer.  

That could be I have had 3 Titleist driver sent back and they always only asked for the head to be sent. They were all 7.5 heads so they werent in stock. but they did dive me a used or demo 8.5 head everytime to use until mine showed up which was usually only 4 days considering its only a 45 minute drive to Titleist haha.

Snell MTB-X

Ah hopefully the head will be off to cobra, forgot this was a holiday weekend though

My Mixed-Bag:

Well cobra is sending me the f6 as a replacement, can't remember if it was the plus. Hope it feels like the fly z plus....

My Mixed-Bag:

Cobra customer service was very gracious when I called them to tell them

how much I appreciated my great fitting experience last year, they sent me a few hats as a thank you.

I've heard really good things about the F6+, so that would be sweet if it's that model.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

F6+ is a great driver! Bummer yours dented before you really even got to see how it was performing for you.

I have never understood why people would take the club back somewhere that they didn't buy it from and expect them to handle everything. Sure let me do all this work for you for free and I'll see you the next time you buy something from somewhere else and it breaks and you need my free help again. Just because they're an authorized retailer? Hog wash.

I have always enjoyed having relationships with the people that I get my equipment from and repair work done at. Never been a shop for the best price to save $20 kind of guy.

F6+ is a great driver! Bummer yours dented before you really even got to see how it was performing for you.

I have never understood why people would take the club back somewhere that they didn't buy it from and expect them to handle everything. Sure let me do all this work for you for free and I'll see you the next time you buy something from somewhere else and it breaks and you need my free help again. Just because they're an authorized retailer? Hog wash.

I have always enjoyed having relationships with the people that I get my equipment from and repair work done at. Never been a shop for the best price to save $20 kind of guy.

haven't tried the F6+ vs the Cobra fly z+, and i was driving really well with it too- especially after struggling with the M1 and R15 during the early spring, that was the worst part.

I purchased from globalgolf, because I had some credit and gift cards from their site and they had it at a discount vs the stores in my area so I only paid $63. I am a sucker for deals and make no bones about that. Cobra instructed me to go through an authorized retailer so I did. Tim the gentleman I know at Dicks is the only person I have do club work aside from the guy who owns Birdie Finnish Golf and he told me to bring it to him; I've brought A LOT of work in and people to him. I'd like to support more local organizations, but where I am living know it is an almost 4hr round trip drive to Red tail golf center or Fiddler's green- both great locations in Oregon. So it all amounts to more than a $20 savings. My club pro doesn't do any club work and they only sell titleist, so i am in a perplexing situation at times.

My Mixed-Bag:

• 1 month later...

I think I did it again... Literally the 3rd 18 I've played with this driver. Looks like another heel hit dented the face... This is the cobra king f6+, not the pro. I did not hit many of the heel, about maybe every 6th drive. M2 has not had this issue... Anybody have this problem?

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1467600706.251099.jpg

My Mixed-Bag:

Now I'm starting to think it's the indian :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Now I'm starting to think it's the indian :D

It looks that way I guess, I haven't had issue with other drivers from tmag or even the cobra amp cell pro, might be the way the face is welded,

The cruelest part is that I love the drivers flight and sound/feel more than the m2. even though it was harder to turn over

My Mixed-Bag:

Archived