TESTERS WANTED! ×

Demo the new HoganFit

Got some interesting news this morning -- Hogan has a soft launch of its updated online fitting tool called HoganFit - or the Ben Hogan Online Fitting Performance Center.  

The new tool includes the new PTx irons, the VKTR hybrids and Ft. Worth HI long irons - it also offers options of just doing hybrid, iron or wedge fitting as well as an entire bag makeover.  

hoganFit11.jpg

As with any online fitting tool, it's no substitute for an in person session with a qualified fitter, but it does provide a nice starting point.  

Click here to give it a try and let us know what you think. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Just did it and it's not far off.  Same wedge setup I currently use but it recommended an extra wedge and one less hybrid.  This also matches with the extra wedge and hybrid I swap in and out based on conditions.  The loft gaps of the recommended set are all 4 degrees where I have a few 5 degree gaps in my current setup.

Overall not too bad on the club recommendations.  My biggest complaint with their online fitting is in shaft recommendation.  It's basically just going to recommend their KBS Tour V in whatever flex you said you currently play.

Like you said, it's a decent starting place.  I would still recommend seeing a fitter if you are going to drop the coin on Hogan's though.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Just did it and it's not far off.  Same wedge setup I currently use but it recommended an extra wedge and one less hybrid.  This also matches with the extra wedge and hybrid I swap in and out based on conditions.  The loft gaps of the recommended set are all 4 degrees where I have a few 5 degree gaps in my current setup.

Overall not too bad on the club recommendations.  My biggest complaint with their online fitting is in shaft recommendation.  It's basically just going to recommend their KBS Tour V in whatever flex you said you currently play.

Like you said, it's a decent starting place.  I would still recommend seeing a fitter if you are going to drop the coin on Hogan's though.

Yeah - that's their default stock shaft.  I'm guessing if you already know what shaft you've been fit for you can specify it, but it's really hard to do a shaft fitting online. 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I think the whole app is pretty simple but also pretty slick. 

Simple: When I was selecting my options I could tell right away what irons were going to be recommended for me. But I should say that I have spent waaaaaaaaayyy too much time on the Hogan website so I am pretty familiar with their product lines.

Slick: The app is kind of fun to play around with for the simple reason that they show you what your bag of hogans would look like depending on the models they recommend for you (just like the picture you would take of your own bag). Brilliant marketing as I am already drooling over what those beauties would look like in my bag.

They gave me 3 hybrids 19-27* which seems like too many for me since I am comfortable hitting 5-6 irons with little trouble. I could give my my 4i if I let go of some ego issues. I don't really agree with their wedge selection since they gave me up to a 63*. Overall it's an easy way to get introduced and started with the Hogan line.

Agree with what hckymeyer said. I think you should get fit for a shaft rather than take their word for it. Also, all kinds of up-charge on their non-stock offerings.

Anyone know how the company is doing? They launched 3 more product lines this year so obviously trying to grow the business. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Yeah - that's their default stock shaft.  I'm guessing if you already know what shaft you've been fit for you can specify it, but it's really hard to do a shaft fitting online. 

Completely agree with that, it would be nice if they at least listed some descriptions of the other shaft offerings.  Typical ball flight and high/mid/low spin would at least be a starting point.

And yes, $15 extra to get my gamer shaft instead of the Tour V.  On the plus side I would really only need to buy 4 irons :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I retook the HoganFit and they still had all my data from a year ago.  I still have the SCOR 42, 46, 50, 54, and 58 wedges.  The HoganFit said that I needed their wedges in 43, 47, 51, 55, and 59. :lol:   Of course they would!!  

They still had my RBZ hybrids at 19 and 25 but said that I could replace both of them with their 24 AND then I could add a wedge!!!!  Like I need another wedge!?!  

I don't see giving up my SCORs but if they ever need to be replaced I would certainly consider the Hogans.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just an update that if you go through each of the hybrid-fit, wedge-fit, iron-fit individually, the results are slightly different from the whole-bag Hoganfit. My guess is that when the whole-bag is being fit, they just give you the more forgiving option at the boundary between clubs (example, gave me an extra hybrid and dropped an additional long iron despite my insistence that "Yeah, I can totally pure a 4 iron. Summer of '09, rolled it right up to the front lip").

A clever trick to make you play better? Nice try Ben Hogan, but I have an image to maintain. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Sorry but this was a predictable Ho-hum experience for me. Nothing to see behind the curtain on this one.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It says link not working for me

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

It says link not working for me

They told me that might happen - they did some back end changing.  This link is active

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I tried it, one thing I didn't like is not being able to choose which lofts I wanted in the PXT irons like you can in the blades.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Do the PXT's have the loft options like the Players' Iron?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Do the PXT's have the loft options like the Players' Iron?

Yup -- same/same

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I logged in and went through the whole- fit .....my result was a no named degree hybrid without a shaft selection......WTF?

I thought this was supposed to apply the input and make a suggestion for the hybrids, irons & wedges...

My grade:  D-

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just tried it and they've got me in 3 hybrids lol. No way would I play that many

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived