Got some interesting news this morning -- Hogan has a soft launch of its updated online fitting tool called HoganFit - or the Ben Hogan Online Fitting Performance Center.  

The new tool includes the new PTx irons, the VKTR hybrids and Ft. Worth HI long irons - it also offers options of just doing hybrid, iron or wedge fitting as well as an entire bag makeover.  

hoganFit11.jpg

As with any online fitting tool, it's no substitute for an in person session with a qualified fitter, but it does provide a nice starting point.  

Click here to give it a try and let us know what you think. 

• Like 3

Just did it and it's not far off.  Same wedge setup I currently use but it recommended an extra wedge and one less hybrid.  This also matches with the extra wedge and hybrid I swap in and out based on conditions.  The loft gaps of the recommended set are all 4 degrees where I have a few 5 degree gaps in my current setup.

Overall not too bad on the club recommendations.  My biggest complaint with their online fitting is in shaft recommendation.  It's basically just going to recommend their KBS Tour V in whatever flex you said you currently play.

Like you said, it's a decent starting place.  I would still recommend seeing a fitter if you are going to drop the coin on Hogan's though.

• Like 4

Just did it and it's not far off.  Same wedge setup I currently use but it recommended an extra wedge and one less hybrid.  This also matches with the extra wedge and hybrid I swap in and out based on conditions.  The loft gaps of the recommended set are all 4 degrees where I have a few 5 degree gaps in my current setup.

Overall not too bad on the club recommendations.  My biggest complaint with their online fitting is in shaft recommendation.  It's basically just going to recommend their KBS Tour V in whatever flex you said you currently play.

Like you said, it's a decent starting place.  I would still recommend seeing a fitter if you are going to drop the coin on Hogan's though.

Yeah - that's their default stock shaft.  I'm guessing if you already know what shaft you've been fit for you can specify it, but it's really hard to do a shaft fitting online. 

• Like 1

I think the whole app is pretty simple but also pretty slick. 

Simple: When I was selecting my options I could tell right away what irons were going to be recommended for me. But I should say that I have spent waaaaaaaaayyy too much time on the Hogan website so I am pretty familiar with their product lines.

Slick: The app is kind of fun to play around with for the simple reason that they show you what your bag of hogans would look like depending on the models they recommend for you (just like the picture you would take of your own bag). Brilliant marketing as I am already drooling over what those beauties would look like in my bag.

They gave me 3 hybrids 19-27* which seems like too many for me since I am comfortable hitting 5-6 irons with little trouble. I could give my my 4i if I let go of some ego issues. I don't really agree with their wedge selection since they gave me up to a 63*. Overall it's an easy way to get introduced and started with the Hogan line.

Agree with what hckymeyer said. I think you should get fit for a shaft rather than take their word for it. Also, all kinds of up-charge on their non-stock offerings.

Anyone know how the company is doing? They launched 3 more product lines this year so obviously trying to grow the business. 

• Like 1

Yeah - that's their default stock shaft.  I'm guessing if you already know what shaft you've been fit for you can specify it, but it's really hard to do a shaft fitting online. 

Completely agree with that, it would be nice if they at least listed some descriptions of the other shaft offerings.  Typical ball flight and high/mid/low spin would at least be a starting point.

And yes, $15 extra to get my gamer shaft instead of the Tour V.  On the plus side I would really only need to buy 4 irons :)

I retook the HoganFit and they still had all my data from a year ago.  I still have the SCOR 42, 46, 50, 54, and 58 wedges.  The HoganFit said that I needed their wedges in 43, 47, 51, 55, and 59. :lol:   Of course they would!!  

They still had my RBZ hybrids at 19 and 25 but said that I could replace both of them with their 24 AND then I could add a wedge!!!!  Like I need another wedge!?!  

I don't see giving up my SCORs but if they ever need to be replaced I would certainly consider the Hogans.

Just an update that if you go through each of the hybrid-fit, wedge-fit, iron-fit individually, the results are slightly different from the whole-bag Hoganfit. My guess is that when the whole-bag is being fit, they just give you the more forgiving option at the boundary between clubs (example, gave me an extra hybrid and dropped an additional long iron despite my insistence that "Yeah, I can totally pure a 4 iron. Summer of '09, rolled it right up to the front lip").

A clever trick to make you play better? Nice try Ben Hogan, but I have an image to maintain. 

• Like 1

Sorry but this was a predictable Ho-hum experience for me. Nothing to see behind the curtain on this one.

• Like 1

I tried it, one thing I didn't like is not being able to choose which lofts I wanted in the PXT irons like you can in the blades.

Do the PXT's have the loft options like the Players' Iron?

Do the PXT's have the loft options like the Players' Iron?

Yup -- same/same

I logged in and went through the whole- fit .....my result was a no named degree hybrid without a shaft selection......WTF?

I thought this was supposed to apply the input and make a suggestion for the hybrids, irons & wedges...

My grade:  D-

I just tried it and they've got me in 3 hybrids lol. No way would I play that many

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app