Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

I am new to this forum and probably newest to golf I started on and off 3yrs ago part of my rehab after my spinal cord injury which happen in the line duty. I have grown to love golf and over last 1.5yrs join a military golf program and golf at least once a week if not more. The picture below was last Monday play a tournament in RI with other members of the organization from that state also members of that club. Right now I have a mix match of clubs of either mine or borrowed. My golf pro has made me few irons all the same length I use a machine called a paragolfer in order to play. My goal is one day to have a custom made to me clubs but haven't won lottery yet. I am a disabled veteran also medically retired Firefighter Paramedic. Looking forward to any advice or tips. I welcome any feedback when I figure how to make pictures smaller will get a profile pic up. Thank you for the add

20160523_120758.jpg

Wow so impressed by your dedication and drive for the game.

Welcome to the site, there are a ton of kind people here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Cobra F7 10.5
2015 XR Deep 3 Wood 14* - Project X LZ 70 Red
Callaway Apex Pro Irons 6-PW C Taper 120 Stiff- Up 2.
Hogan FTW Hi 24,27 KBS Tour V Steel Stiff
Wedges:Callaway Mack Daddy 52 & 60
Putter:Rife Legend 2 bar 34"
Right Handed.
Richmond VA area (Moseley).
5.8USGA Handicap

Welcome jarhead! Glad you're with us and THANK YOU for your service!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!!  Glad you joined us, and thank you for your service.  Good luck on your journey to the joys of golf.

BTW, check out this course...  http://veterangolf.org

A Nicklaus 9 holes course near Fort Lewis - McCord AFB in Washington State designed to rehabilitate disabled veterans using golf activities.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's inspiring on so many levels to see people such as yourself take up the game of golf. I'm glad that there is technology such as that Paragolfer which can let you enjoy the game. All the best in your future endeavours in this sport, as well as in life in general.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

Welcome 03jarhead, you are a prime example of inspiration. Thank you for your service and sacrifice. You will definitely find a ton of advises and lessons here. Have a g re eat Memorial day weekend

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Thank you all for replys. The real inspiration for me is to watch others that see us golf come join us I was invited by a brother that is a double amputee to try it out and was hooked. Golfing with a group of other military vets is great because its not only fun but the brother and sisterhoods are there between ball busting and the willing to help each other if it is pointers to lending of clubs. When I first started I literally had a driver a wedge and a 3&7 woods through this group between donations and others old clubs I have some what full set of mix matched clubs but for me I like having mix matched clubs because I find what works for me. I have beenlooking into several grant programs and in process of applying for a paragolfer next is trying to find a program that does custom clubs there is some but most are for combat wounded veterans for current era. But honestly as much as having a set that fits my needs would be awesome I like having a set that didn't cost an arm or leg its like I snapped the shaft of my SLDR it was the cheaper version and was like oh well at least the ball went where I wanted it to. I am serious to a point but golf is more about having fun if I get to a point either I am in pain or getting frustrated I just stop take a break skip few holes then go back with clear mind. For me its about having fun and achieving a goal

First off Jarhead thanks for your service and this comes from an ex "Swabby" But as you know the Marines and Navy may fight among ourselves but every one else best leave us alone we will team up. That is great that you are able to enjoy golf with your machine as I call it. You are certainly an insperation to others and it goes to show you can not keep a good man down. 

BTW I am an ex Volunteer fireman and EMT myself I did it as a volunteer on and off for 20 years

BTW If you need any clubs or mods done I have a little club shop I work in at the house for a hobby and not for a living (I drive a truck for a living) I will be glad to assist you or any other Disabled Vet for that matter free of charge with any modifications needed or repairs and can either find you guys and gals decent clubs for a good price if not free. I ho around as we call it at the thrifts all the time and I work for a metal recycling company and you would not believe the stuff I find on the yard in the pile. Heck drop me a PM I am more than glad to help a fellow vet in any way shape or form

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived