OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - COBRA KING F6 IRONS

Our Sponsors

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cobra King F6 irons – Stage One – Official MGS Forum Review by Fozcycle   I am 65 years old, with a 17 – 19 Handicap, play golf every week and have been playing since I was 8 years old.  In

Stage Two - The Review   Performance at the Range   I have spent two afternoons at a couple ranges, where I was able to compare the King F6 irons with the Bio Cells.  After a short war

I've entered a great deal of give-ways and product testing selections, but this was the first that's ever really come through, excluding a sleeve of test balls here and there. When I first received th

Posted Images

Hey All.........I was away on my annual Buddy Trip to Kissimmee, Thursday thru Sunday........I am back and my Stage One is up......

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15995-official-forum-member-review-cobra-king-f6-irons/?p=206700

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Some awesome First Looks from our testers.  Can't wait for Stage 2!!!

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Fozy I got a quick question for you. In your stage 2 it says you one improvement would be "The same badging on all 4 irons" I am looking through the pictures in the reviews and the only club I see a difference on is the GW whoch is a blade. That would obviously make it hard to keep badging the same (Look at the speed blades). Can you explain or show the differences?

Thanks guys. These reviews are incredible. Good job

• Like 1

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Fozy I got a quick question for you. In your stage 2 it says you one improvement would be "The same badging on all 4 irons" I am looking through the pictures in the reviews and the only club I see a difference on is the GW whoch is a blade. That would obviously make it hard to keep badging the same (Look at the speed blades). Can you explain or show the differences?

Thanks guys. These reviews are incredible. Good job

Take a look at the #4 & #5 irons....DSCN1633_zpsntvfuwau.jpg

they are different from the #6 & 7DSCN1634_zpshopvvzif.jpg

or the #8-PWDSCN1635_zpszxtaqxiu.jpg.

The #4-5 have a thin orange line on the badging, which is not evident in the others.  Also, the lettering on the #4-5 is White while the Letters on the #6-GW are outlined in orange.  I know it is small, but I think they could have kept the same lettering style & color for all 4 types of irons.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I think the thin orange stipe on the 4 & 5 should have been placed just under the "cobra" logo.  Then, it could have been placed on the other irons in the same place.  That way, they would have some consistent badging.

Re, badging:

Think part of this may be to highlight the varying tech / design differences as you "progress" (ha ha) through the set...???

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Nice review Ashton, I am glad that, after the dilemma, you were able to gain their trust and confidence to put the F6 irons in your bag......BTW, thst's where mine are as well.

• Like 1

Awesome work so far guys!

• Like 3

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Foz, Ashton, JEC...well done!  I need to get my stage three up first so I can avoid being both last AND least!  I really enjoyed reading everyone's impressions!

• Like 2

Taylor Made M3 driver

Callaway Rogue 3+ fairway

Srixon 565 4, 6-A

Titleist H1 4 and 6 hybrids

Vokey 54 and 58

Foz, Ashton, JEC...well done!  I need to get my stage three up first so I can avoid being both last AND least!  I really enjoyed reading everyone's impressions!

Awesome review dnj....

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15995-official-forum-member-review-cobra-king-f6-irons/?p=206710

You guys, as a group, knocked it out of the park. Nicely done gents!!!

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Foz, Ashton, JEC...well done! I need to get my stage three up first so I can avoid being both last AND least! I really enjoyed reading everyone's impressions!

Loved your review! You did a fantastic job!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I feel kinda bad that I scored the irons the lowest out of the group. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

dnj,  you did a terrific job!  I liked your review, and I liked the pics.  Nice comparison with the TMAGs.  

• 1 month later...

My Stage 3 is up........the final piece of the F6 iron review.