7. Glove

- Mizuno Power Arc+

Enjoy the pictures...

img_2532.jpg img_2533.jpg

img_2534.jpg img_2535.jpg

img_2536.jpg img_2538.jpg

img_2540.jpg img_2541.jpg

img_2542.jpg

Great looking bag. I love the looks of Mizuno clubs but have never actually hit any. Id like to get a set of Mizuno irons maybe after my AP2s.

How do you like the 68s?

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Love the MP68's... Feel is absolutely amazing on the sweet spot!

Which AP2's are you using? The AP2's 710 model feels similar to the MP52's...

New Mizuno irons are coming out soon!

Driver: TaylorMade Burner '07 - 10.5*

Fairway Wood: TaylorMade Burner '07 - 15*

Hybrids: TaylorMade Burner '07 - 19*

TaylorMade Burner '07 - 22*

Irons: Cobra SZ 5-GW

Wdeges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.11

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.07

Putter Bettinardi BB1

Looking to get the new TM R9 SuperDeep TP 9.5* and swaping my cobra set pitching and gap wedges for two more Vokeys.

Love the MP68's... Feel is absolutely amazing on the sweet spot!

Which AP2's are you using? The AP2's 710 model feels similar to the MP52's...

New Mizuno irons are coming out soon!

No Im using the 2008 model AP2's. I love them but I want something else with maybe a little softer feel. I know the AP2 710 has a softer feel but I have only her fantastic things about Mizuno's. I love the look of the MP52's but I am wondering if maybe I should try the MX-300 for a little more forgivness.

Love those mp 68's. I prefer cast clubs believe it or not, but for forged.....mizuno is where its at. Unless you can afford miuras

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

How's the Zen treating you so far?

The Zen is amazing! It sorta takes the excitement outta putting as minor breaks on the green is almost non existent due to it's true roll

Would recommend it for anyone looking to save strokes from their round!

Zen is coming out with new models come Spring!

No Im using the 2008 model AP2's. I love them but I want something else with maybe a little softer feel. I know the AP2 710 has a softer feel but I have only her fantastic things about Mizuno's. I love the look of the MP52's but I am wondering if maybe I should try the MX-300 for a little more forgivness.

Well I would say it might come down to aesthetics... Mainly as the 52's has a similar topline to that of the AP's as compared to the MX300 which is a "block" of metal...

But I guess whichever club helps us get the ball closer to the hole in the least number of strokes!

• SPY VIP

Thanks for those. That is a very cool looking putter. Love the neck to get the center shaft play w/o center shafting. Similar to the Machine neck.

How heavy is it?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Well I would say it might come down to aesthetics... Mainly as the 52's has a similar topline to that of the AP's as compared to the MX300 which is a "block" of metal...

But I guess whichever club helps us get the ball closer to the hole in the least number of strokes!

What excatly do you mean a "BLOCK" of metal? Would the MX300 be more like the AP1?

What excatly do you mean a "BLOCK" of metal? Would the MX300 be more like the AP1?

Sorry Mate... I generally don't quite like the MX series... I tend to find them a tad bulky

looking on the eyes...

I think the MX300 will be similar to the AP1's... Keep your eyes peeled as there is rumors

the Mizuno is launching a new MP series in a couple of weeks time

I am a little curious about the X stiff shafts in the woods and hybrids, and 5.5's in the irons... Doesn't quite fit, unless you are swinging irons and woods with 2 totally different swings and tempos. That being said, If it works, awesome.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Hahaha... Good Eye! Was told that the satin rifle (before true temper bought over) plays to a 6.0 PX... It works this way as am sort of between swings... Trying to adopt the Right Sided Swing (Rod Pampling) and somehow my old swing keeps coming back on my woods & hybrid as am trying to murder the ball majority of the time!

Now just awaiting for my new KBS shafts to arrive... Supposedly there was a global shortage! How true am not sure!

Hahaha... Good Eye! Was told that the satin rifle (before true temper bought over) plays to a 6.0 PX... It works this way as am sort of between swings... Trying to adopt the Right Sided Swing (Rod Pampling) and somehow my old swing keeps coming back on my woods & hybrid as am trying to murder the ball majority of the time!

Now just awaiting for my new KBS shafts to arrive... Supposedly there was a global shortage! How true am not sure!

I used to play the Satin PJX, and my set was true to flex.... 6.5. I had to go a bit softer as I age, so now I am playing 6.0 in the True Temper Version. Not as good, but A LOT straighter.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Not a fan of the putter (but whatever works lol) .... but the rest of the bag is EXCELLENT, great Choice! Good LUCK with your season. Welcome to MGS. You can't go wrong with Mizzy irons.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Jon, I'll also be interested in what you think of the MP CLK. Don't know if you ever tried the MX-700, but if so, I'm curious if you notice any major performance differences.

Jon, I'll also be interested in what you think of the MP CLK. Don't know if you ever tried the MX-700, but if so, I'm curious if you notice any major performance differences.

Moecat, will let you know once i get it back from the fitters!!!

Arrived the other day and took it straight to the fitters without even hitting a single ball yet!

I use to use a Mizzy glove that had two straps. It was my favorite glove. I bought like 6 of them off eBay for around 5.00 a glove and it was the longest lasting glove. The best glove next to the Titleist Glove, but the Titleist glove is just too damn expensive as are most gloves . It's always so hard to find that perfect fitting glove. The Titleist CL fits me dare I say; "like a glove" B)

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Thanks for those. That is a very cool looking putter. Love the neck to get the center shaft play w/o center shafting. Similar to the Machine neck.

How heavy is it?

Sorry Mate, missed your post...

Putter weight is around 350 grams

Just a couple of pics of how my new putter is manufactured!!!

All Zen putters with the words Forged on them are milled from Forged Blocks of Stanless Steel 303 (not billets)

The first step is cutting the solid block of 303 SS using a CNC water jet. Using a CNC save material cost as well as ensure consistent quality in size, weight and shape.

47424410.jpg 47424110.jpg

You can see how some putters are made using precast blocks, it definitely cost less but the forging quality is one of the key reasons why the Zen feels softer. The Block on the left is a Zen whilst the other two on the right are standard precast blocks.

47443210.jpg

At the second stage, the remaining block which roughly looks like a putter is checked for weight, steel integrity and key dimensions. the putter is 0% at this stage and weights about 550 grams.

At stage three, the first part of the milling uses the heavy duty cuts which forms the first impression of what is to come. A total of 8 cutters are used to finished the stage 3 putter.

The putter weights about 420 grams at what we considered is 25% finished.

47417710.jpg

At stage four, another set of 9 cutters are used to bring the product closer to the real thing. The putter weight is trimmed to about 390 grams and the face area is left unfinished as the RDE face requires the putter to be finished on the super speed high performance CNC machine (which is also the military grade CNC milling machine). the putter is considered 50% finished.

Looking at the cavity of the putter, you get a sense of where the weight is lost. Hence it is also the reason why a cast putter cost so much less to produce.

47424111.jpg

At stage five which is milled on the super speed CNC milling machine, 22 very fine cutters make the putter come to life. The radius on the edges of each putter is exactly the same and this is a tough act to follow. As you can see from the pictures, the 303 stainless steel is unmistakably brilliant. The putter is now 75% finished and awaiting chroming and PVD processes to achieve the desired high polish sole and matt surface finish. The weight is now within a tolerance of 360 grams +/- 1 g.

47417711.jpg

After this stage, the putter is checked, polish and send first for a chrome and then to a PVD process to get the right colours.

• SPY VIP

Thanks Jon. That was a great series of photos. For the putter that you play, I assume that the front part is milled this way and then the black (plastic?) part is added after.

Volvo Intorqueo

Thanks Jon. That was a great series of photos. For the putter that you play, I assume that the front part is milled this way and then the black (plastic?) part is added after.

Yes Sactown, Thats exactly how my playing putter is manufactured.

In fact, the makers of Zen Putters will be releasing new models at the Open Championship

3 Models will be released to be exact and i have seen the prototypes and hope

to post more pics of them as i try to lay my hands on them!!!

• SPY VIP

Yes Sactown, Thats exactly how my playing putter is manufactured.

In fact, the makers of Zen Putters will be releasing new models at the Open Championship

3 Models will be released to be exact and i have seen the prototypes and hope

to post more pics of them as i try to lay my hands on them!!!

That will be excellent golf spy work :D

Volvo Intorqueo

• 2 weeks later...

As promised... New Lineup of the Zen Putters that will be debuting at the Open Championship!!!

These putters have easily replaced my Scotty's in my bag... Not looking back

ZEN ZIM - Its actually 2 pieces fused together... One can interchange the face to mix and match colours...

36662_10.jpg 36662_11.jpg

36662_12.jpg 36662_13.jpg

36662_14.jpg 36662_15.jpg

Very interesting look! Have you had a chance to put it in play yet?

By the way, I hit a few balls with the MP CLK 20* hybrid at my local shop and ended up buying one at a cheaper price online. Hope the good vibes carry over to the course!

Archived