TESTERS WANTED! ×

I couldn't resist!

JohnBarry

With Myrtle Beach tomorrow, and my Adams Speeline, with the wrong shaft in it, I went to Golf Galaxy, and found my new love:

G15.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Ping TFC, Regular Flex, Mid sized grip and 10.5 degree loft. I actually bought it right after a guy turned it in. Wish I could have met him in the parking lot! It had no scuffs, no marks, nothing.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

That head is great...hope it works out for you John. Post some pics of the trip if you get a chance. I don't think the Gentleman's Club allow cameras but iPhones are great for spy work :D

#TruthDigest

You gotta love ping drivers! I was actually a little bummed when the TM burner superfast was what fitted me best. Oh well. At least it goes straight

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

Wow, just going to this club, and I think the shaft change from a stiff to a regular flex had a lot to do with it, but instead of about 230 in the air, I am a good 250 to 260, and even mis hits are not dramatic slices anymore, they are in play. Now, to take the range to the course!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

It's great, I went from 230 to 250 in the air last night at the range. I am much straighter and much happier as a person, I could actually sleep last night!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

It's great, I went from 230 to 250 in the air last night at the range. I am much straighter and much happier as a person, I could actually sleep last night!

After hitting 2 fairways on Monday, this is great news. When I demoed one yesterday, it felt like I could actually aim with it.

This is something that I am unfamiliar with. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Ping drivers always seemed great to me, but I never actually bought one. If JB likes it so much, I may actiually pull out the AMEX and spring for one. My old Titleist D1 is getting tired !!!

the ft-3 needs a replacement but graeme gave it some more shelf life? lol i hit the taylormade line and then the ping and they both did not compare to the callaway but i think it is a mental thing with me, ping's have dramatically improved many of my friends game.

Callaway FT-3/ Vodoo

Callaway Fusion/ Vodoo

Nickent 4dx hybrid 17 degree

Titleist AP2 4-pw/ project x

Callaway forged 56 degre

Rife island series "abaco"

• SPY VIP

Just got back from the demo range again.

Hit both stock offerings and an Oban Devotion upgrade. Good news it that the upgraded shaft did not make a huge difference. Seem to like the TFC better.

Launch monitor and fitting next week for the final decision. Dispersion is so much better.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've hit the G15's a few times and they are absolute beauty drivers

WITB

Taylormade Light Stand Bag

Titleist 913 D3 8.5 X-Stiff Diamana Whiteboard D+72

Titleist 910 F 15 X-Stiff Matrix Ozik Black Tie 8M3

3 Iron Adams Super DHY 21 X-Stiff Matrix Ozik White Tie Altus HX3

4-PW Mizuno MP32s Project X 6.5 

50,54,58 Titleist Vokey Spin Milled + SM4 DG S300

Nike Method Putter

I actually liked the I15 better after hitting it back-to-back with the G15. The I15 felt more controllable to me, and I thought it looked better at address. The G15 wasn't bad - it was actually very good - but I thought the I15 was better yet. The loft choice is interesting, with offerings of 8.0, 9.5, and 11.0, seeing as 8.0 is too low for most people and 11.0 is an awful lot, but I suppose they know what they're doing. Anyway, congrats on the new stick, and good luck.

Just got back from the demo range again.

Hit both stock offerings and an Oban Devotion upgrade. Good news it that the upgraded shaft did not make a huge difference. Seem to like the TFC better.

Launch monitor and fitting next week for the final decision. Dispersion is so much better.

Moving from the DST already? Damn, you're worse than I am.

I'm actually getting terrific results from mine. I hit 14/18 fairways on my Dad's course when we played on Father's day. I'm liking the distance also.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I actually liked the I15 better after hitting it back-to-back with the G15. The I15 felt more controllable to me, and I thought it looked better at address. The G15 wasn't bad - it was actually very good - but I thought the I15 was better yet. The loft choice is interesting, with offerings of 8.0, 9.5, and 11.0, seeing as 8.0 is too low for most people and 11.0 is an awful lot, but I suppose they know what they're doing. Anyway, congrats on the new stick, and good luck.

The i15 is a lower spin head designed for the better player which is why they only offer it in those lofts.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

The driver preformed very well on my Myrtle Trip, I didn't, but when I got into the groove, I actually hit a couple of 300 yard drives with carry.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Archived