Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Latest Ben Hogan Newsletter

Found this in the InBox the other day -- they do a nice job on their monthly newsletter. Worth subscribing to if you haven't already....

hogan 1.jpg

Hogan NL 2.jpg

Hogan NL1.jpg

Click here to check it out.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yeah, pretty good! Thx for passing it on.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got to hit the VKTR yesterday and it is just solid. The shaft was not close to a fit for me (Irod R Flex) but the ball flies off the face. Looks great as well behind the ball. Would have ordered one on the spot but like my Adams Red too much right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Got to hit the VKTR yesterday and it is just solid. The shaft was not close to a fit for me (Irod R Flex) but the ball flies off the face. Looks great as well behind the ball. Would have ordered one on the spot but like my Adams Red too much right now.

The Adams Red is the first hybrid I've liked in years...but after hitting the VKTR's they do have a challenger.  The shaft isn't a bad fit for me, so we'll see how they perform on the course.  You really can see the influence of the former Adams R&D guys had on the VKTR's -- anxious to see if the adjustability has any real effect, but these sure look like a winner. 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The Adams Red is the first hybrid I've liked in years...but after hitting the VKTR's they do have a challenger.  The shaft isn't a bad fit for me, so we'll see how they perform on the course.  You really can see the influence of the former Adams R&D guys had on the VKTR's -- anxious to see if the adjustability has any real effect, but these sure look like a winner. 

I would agree with that.  Have been and Adams hybrid guy for the last decade and they lost me a bit with the slots on the tops of the clubs, but now I am back.  I think the Aldila NV would have been a much better fit for me and would like to give that a try when the full set of demos come in.  Also got to hit the PTx irons and the Ft. Worth 15 Hi as well.  Again the shafts were not for me, but I really think Hogan is doing a good job of broadening the brand for different levels of golfers.  The PTx were just stupid easy to hit and even have some workability in them as well.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I would agree with that. Have been and Adams hybrid guy for the last decade and they lost me a bit with the slots on the tops of the clubs, but now I am back. I think the Aldila NV would have been a much better fit for me and would like to give that a try when the full set of demos come in. Also got to hit the PTx irons and the Ft. Worth 15 Hi as well. Again the shafts were not for me, but I really think Hogan is doing a good job of broadening the brand for different levels of golfers. The PTx were just stupid easy to hit and even have some workability in them as well.

Interesting feel to the PTx - kinda like a Nike forging - a bit of a click as opposed to a smoosh. The long irons are extraordinary.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The one thing that grinds my gears about Ben Hogan is they don't have a trade up program. I currently game the Ft Worth 15s and would love to swap out my long irons, but they won't take them back and put the credit to new irons.

Ah well. I guess I'll just have to learn to hit the long irons.

• 2 weeks later...

The PGA Tour Superstore got the hogan line in. I stopped by and hit all 4 lines of clubs. I thought I would have lost distance with the less strong lofts to more traditionally lofted clubs. But wow was I wrong I picked up about 5 yards on the 34degree which I would call a 7iron. Not just that but even the ft15 blades where so forgiving. I caught one way out on the toe and only lost about 7 yards of carry. That's the same loss I get with my Rocket Bladez today on that miss.

All I can say Hogan Golf!!!

What's in the Bag:

Taylormade M1 460

Nike SumoSq 13 degree 3wd

Nike VRS 2.0 Covert Tour 18 degree hybrid

Cobra Fly Z 22 degree hybrid

Taylormade RBladze 5i - PW

Titilest Volkey SM5 50 54 58 wedges

Betinnardi BB series putter

Sean - New Lenox,IL Play RH HDC 7

What's in the Bag:

Driver Callaway Great Big Bertha