Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

whats your ball?

ja2thacub

Was a pro v1x guy but switched to the TM penta. Lovin it so far

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Callaway Tour IX for the moment -will probably move to the I(s) when the time comes.

Not being a Titleist fan I never thought I would be paying for a premium brand ball ($40+), but the Callaway has been so darned good for me that I made my wallet squeak and have pulled out the dinero.

I have gotten so damned use to watching my wedges, chips stopping within a reasonable distance from the pin that anything else just takes from my confidence.

Quick aside - a few years back I was playing a ball that cost some $$$ and had received great reviews - I played a shot from the rough that I was hoping would run out by the pin.

The ball tracked perfectly toward the pin but I saw that it had a bit too much forward spin - I started to yell at it - " slow down, thats why I spent so much money in you :lol:

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Callaway iX or iS if I'm buying them, but I'm ok with about any 3 piece urethane cover ball when I find them! Looking forward to trying the TM Pentas, our clubhouse doesn't carry them, and I'd like to try as sleeve before buying a dozen.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Top Flite Gamer

Gamer V2 here...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

ProV-1s. But if I find a premium ball on the course. I will try it out...

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

nike vapor or crush... havent changed for some reason just filled the bag up with them with some promo discounts and havent left

Callaway FT-3/ Vodoo

Callaway Fusion/ Vodoo

Nickent 4dx hybrid 17 degree

Titleist AP2 4-pw/ project x

Callaway forged 56 degre

Rife island series "abaco"

My Last 4 Dozen, doing some testing:

Gamer V2 (loved and loving it)

Noddle Long and Soft (best ball for the money, 14.95 a dozen)

Srixon Soft Feel (still love this ball)

Srixon Z-Star Yellow (will be playing this in Myrtle tomorrow)

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I'm a Prov1x guy. But I've tried the Penta this year as well. Both great balls.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

The last 4 dozen bought and played:

:srixon-small: Soft-Feel (My 2nd favorite ball)

:srixon-small: AD333 (Good ball, but the soft and penta have spoiled me)

Noodle Long and Soft (Very good ball and cheap)

:) Penta (My favorite, but damn it's expensive)

I need to try the Gamer V2 after reading a lot of the posts on here. They sound like they are worthy ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

I am still playing the Srixon Z-Star X tour Yellow's that I bought in Seattle 3 months ago.... I think this is a sign that I need to play more golf.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I am still playing the Srixon Z-Star X tour Yellow's that I bought in Seattle 3 months ago.... I think this is a sign that I need to play more golf.

Or lose more balls...

Tough to do when they are yellow glowing goodness.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

WOW! Surprised not to see Bridgestone anywhere in the first 19 comments.

Well, for me it is the Bridgestone B330 RX, or if I run out, the B330 Tour is good by me. The RX is supposedly not the biggest spinning ball, but I played a scramble, a few weeks ago and was backing them up on the greens, while swinging 1987 vintage TaylorMade TD Blades.

I'll take Bridgestone any day of the week.

LaMont in AZ

Honestly, I play whatever I find on the course. My bag is full of random stuff.

I and my usual playing partner are connoisseurs of cheap golf balls, so my buying preference runs in somewhat lower circles than the balls already mentioned. My favorites, which they no longer make, are the Dunlop LoCo and Super LoCo. Yeah, I know, it's only a two piece ball, but man, does it fly! Putting with it isn't the greatest experience ever, but once you get used to it it's fine, if a bit on the stiff side. My short game is crummy anyway, so feel around the greens means nothing to me - I can chunk a chip shot with a Pro V1 just as easily as with a Loco, but if one of my occasionally errant drives lands in the woods I'm not out $4. I never could spin the ball with a wedge, so that's not a consideration.

I did buy a box of Srixon Trispeeds awhile back, and they are very nice. I've hit Pro V1s that I've found on the course (I refuse to pay those rates for a golf ball) and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. They feel good, yes, but not THAT good.

Of course, I still miss balata balls, so maybe I'm the wrong guy to take golf ball advice from. The old Slazenger balatas were sweet!

Switching to Srixon Z-Star X tour Yellow as well. I have a hard time finding standard white balls after I drill them in the rough/trees B)

Other favorites have been

Callaway XT Bite

Dunlop Loco

pfingst: If you reeeally want some, I could send them to you. Sportchek in Vancouver is blowing them out at $18 CAD for 30 balls

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Switching to Srixon Z-Star X tour Yellow as well. I have a hard time finding standard white balls after I drill them in the rough/trees B)

Other favorites have been

Callaway XT Bite

Dunlop Loco

pfingst: If you reeeally want some, I could send them to you. Sportchek in Vancouver is blowing them out at $18 CAD for 30 balls

Very tempting, but I have so many balls that if I bought any more it would probably be grounds for divorce. This spring Wal-mart had 24 packs of TiTechs for something like $10. If they're decent at all it's worth it. I've played TiTech balls before, and they are usually not bad. You can tell from the appearance that these new ones are even cheaper than usual, but they played OK. When I brought them home my wife asked the obvious question: don't you have, like, a zillion or so golf balls already? Best not to push my luck again so early in the season. Thanks for the offer, though.

I remember when top flite only made rocks with dimples. Sounds like the have come a long way

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

Gaming the Nike One Vapor right now. I also like the Srixon Z-Star although they are very different balls. Just depends on my budget. :blink:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Yes, it most definitely is.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Bridgestone, Penta or Srixon.

Callaway Epic driver

(Not delivered yet)

Titleist 917 D2 driver

Titleist C16 irons or

Callaway Apex16 irons

Callaway Apex hybrids

Scotty dual balance notchback putter

I have been playing bridgestone 330rx but recently switched to the srixon z-star yellow. I feel I picked up about 5 yards or more. I have only played about 5 rounds with them and I did not do any scientific study its just an observation. What I like about the yellow is most of my fellow golfers play white so it is easier to tell which of the three balls in the fairway (or rough) is yours as you wait for the short hitter to hit his. Helps my start thinking about the shot earlier then waiting till we all look for our marks on the ball.

Archived