Our Sponsors

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I play whatever I find on the course. My bag is full of random stuff.

I and my usual playing partner are connoisseurs of cheap golf balls, so my buying preference runs in somewhat lower circles than the balls already mentioned. My favorites, which they no longer make, are the Dunlop LoCo and Super LoCo. Yeah, I know, it's only a two piece ball, but man, does it fly! Putting with it isn't the greatest experience ever, but once you get used to it it's fine, if a bit on the stiff side. My short game is crummy anyway, so feel around the greens means nothing to me - I can chunk a chip shot with a Pro V1 just as easily as with a Loco, but if one of my occasionally errant drives lands in the woods I'm not out $4. I never could spin the ball with a wedge, so that's not a consideration.

I did buy a box of Srixon Trispeeds awhile back, and they are very nice. I've hit Pro V1s that I've found on the course (I refuse to pay those rates for a golf ball) and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. They feel good, yes, but not THAT good.

Of course, I still miss balata balls, so maybe I'm the wrong guy to take golf ball advice from. The old Slazenger balatas were sweet!

Switching to Srixon Z-Star X tour Yellow as well. I have a hard time finding standard white balls after I drill them in the rough/trees B)

Other favorites have been

Callaway XT Bite

Dunlop Loco

pfingst: If you reeeally want some, I could send them to you. Sportchek in Vancouver is blowing them out at $18 CAD for 30 balls

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Switching to Srixon Z-Star X tour Yellow as well. I have a hard time finding standard white balls after I drill them in the rough/trees B)

Other favorites have been

Callaway XT Bite

Dunlop Loco

pfingst: If you reeeally want some, I could send them to you. Sportchek in Vancouver is blowing them out at $18 CAD for 30 balls

Very tempting, but I have so many balls that if I bought any more it would probably be grounds for divorce. This spring Wal-mart had 24 packs of TiTechs for something like $10. If they're decent at all it's worth it. I've played TiTech balls before, and they are usually not bad. You can tell from the appearance that these new ones are even cheaper than usual, but they played OK. When I brought them home my wife asked the obvious question: don't you have, like, a zillion or so golf balls already? Best not to push my luck again so early in the season. Thanks for the offer, though.

I remember when top flite only made rocks with dimples. Sounds like the have come a long way

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

Gaming the Nike One Vapor right now. I also like the Srixon Z-Star although they are very different balls. Just depends on my budget. :blink:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I am still playing the Srixon Z-Star X tour Yellow's that I bought in Seattle 3 months ago.... I think this is a sign that I need to play more golf.

Yes, it most definitely is.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Bridgestone, Penta or Srixon.

Callaway Epic driver

(Not delivered yet)

Titleist 917 D2 driver

Titleist C16 irons or

Callaway Apex16 irons

Callaway Apex hybrids

Scotty dual balance notchback putter

I have been playing bridgestone 330rx but recently switched to the srixon z-star yellow. I feel I picked up about 5 yards or more. I have only played about 5 rounds with them and I did not do any scientific study its just an observation. What I like about the yellow is most of my fellow golfers play white so it is easier to tell which of the three balls in the fairway (or rough) is yours as you wait for the short hitter to hit his. Helps my start thinking about the shot earlier then waiting till we all look for our marks on the ball.

Best not to push my luck again so early in the season. Thanks for the offer, though.

:)

I agree though. After the last spree I'm going to have to wait at least a couple of months before I get anymore balls (and you're welcome. I like to help out where I can. Better world and all that stuff)

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Now using Top Flite Gamer V2 and liking it alot

Good choice... The more rounds I play with this ball, the more I love it...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Right now I play, Pro-v1x

Seems like I've been hitting those Titleist PRO-VISIONALS a lot lately !!

I hate to pay the price, but it really seems like the Pro-v's go a little further, and I need the help. I'm sure a lot of it's in the head, but for a few extra bucks, it's worth the $$.