Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Best Putter Grip for Feel?

Ironclad78

Hey there, apologies in advance if this has been discussed and beaten to death here before, but I'm looking for input on standard size putter grips that translate the most feel. Are leather grips better for this, or rubber, or composite? I don't use a Super Stroke. I love the look of wrapped or stitched leather but don't necessarily want to buy something like that if there are better "feel" options. Thoughts? Thanks!

Titleist 915 D3

Callaway Hawkeye VFT 4

Mizuno MP-54 3-PW

Mizuno MP-T5 50, 54, 58

SC Studio Design 2.5

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. They can't feel for you. Try some out and find what you like. That's all that matters.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Man that is really a subjective question. I have always been a feel player and have an uncanny sense of feel. I will tell you this and this is the truth. You can take the same grip and put it on different putters and it will feel different overall or at least for me.

Good putting starts with relaxed hands period and you need to find a grip that feels good to you in combination with your favorite putter and your stroke type. I suggest trying different grips on maybe used putters and even new ones if you have a store near by to get an idea of what feels good to you. Another thing to consider is weight as in how much a grip weighs because it can either throw off the balance of the putter or it may enhance it for you.

But to start off with to really get to basics find a grip that looks and feels good to you and most important to you helps relax your hands 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

For putters I love the super stroke grips. I have a flatso 2.0 counterweighted on mine and can't tell you how much better I've done since using it. Having said that I do need to note that I haven't had the chance to try any other brand but as long as this is working I'll stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Golf pride players wrap and/or Iomic I-classic.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

For putters I love the super stroke grips. I have a flatso 2.0 counterweighted on mine and can't tell you how much better I've done since using it. Having said that I do need to note that I haven't had the chance to try any other brand but as long as this is working I'll stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Well I was never a SS fan until last week. I found a Yonex putter on the scrap pile at work ( I drive a truck for a metal recycling company) Really a nice 8802 style. Anyhow it had a POS worn out and rotted rubber grip on it. I found another putter that itself was a POS but had a SS slim on it . I got it too and pulled the grip. Put it on the Yonex as an experiment. Putted good in practice Saturday. Now I always tinker so I pulled the SS off and put one of my standard putter grips on which is a Lamkin 3 GEN. That putter did not balance the same or feel the same and did not putt as well. Went around the corner to the house and took the 3 GEN off and put the SS back on and it putted well again. BTW I use air to install all my grips so changing grips frequently is no big deal for me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 1 year later...

Hey,

you can try jumbo putter grips. it's comfortable. its best grips for arresting wrist movement because of its larger diameter. you can see more details this post  https://www.bestgolfcartsreviews.com/best-golf-grips/

you can also check out how to regrip a putter without any professional ?

Hope its help?

Mark Jonson

I’m Mark, and I run a golf blog called https://www.bestgolfcartsreviews.com/. I am a professional writer with a lot of blogging experience. I want to give 100% quality information to every golfer out there. 

• 1 month later...

Archived