Bayou'd

revkev

The greens at our club roll to about 12, sometimes 13 (ultra dwarf mini verde Bermuda), we also have tiered or sectioned greens, if you find yourself on the incorrect section of the green it is sometimes a good thing to 3 putt. Also because of the elephant backs or camel humps that also accompany these greens, and there are many shots that look really good flying to the green, only to see it bounce and roll and roll and roll and roll until it disappears off the back down a hill or you miss the front by 6 inches and find yourself with a 30 yard straight up the hill pitch shot with the grain of the Bermuda straight into you, a chunky monkey waiting to happen. Sometimes the best shot isn't one that is perfect, sometimes you just have to try to put the ball 30 feet away on the correct level or section a try to 2 putt. If you find yourself with a downhill put, never ever try to make it, if it goes in great, but it is lag lag lag when you are coming downhill. Sounds like a fun day of golf.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Kenny, I've played Paa-Ko a few times. Love the course. The original 18 anyway. Not a big fan of the other 9. But over all it's a great course. I'll probably be playing it again in September.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Kenny, I've played Paa-Ko a few times. Love the course. The original 18 anyway. Not a big fan of the other 9. But over all it's a great course. I'll probably be playing it again in September.

Last time I was there, the other 9 was just put in and not ready for play.  It's a great course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We call that being Stoneleigh'ed here at Stoneleigh GC. We have a number of short but steep slopes immediately adjacent to several fairways, so a shot that misses the short stuff by 4 feet can leave you in rough with the ball 18 inches above or below your feet. We also have at least 5 greens with severe terracing, leave it on the wrong side and you're hoping to take only 3 putts. But really, what fun is golf without the occasional taste of completely unfair adversity?

Tests the meddle!

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Hey Kev, what happened to hit the fairway, keep it below the hole, 2-putt and move on? 😃

Just kidding! Our greens were like wet sponges for years. Any shot would hold the green. However, they were chewed up and slow. Three years ago we got a new golf course greenskeeper. He renovated the greens, injecting layer of sand, new grass, more aeration, fertilizer, insecticide, etc. Our greens are now firm and fast, relatively speaking. Shots which formerly held now bounce over, off the side or to another tier. Thinking about it, the greens which slope right to left are impossible for me to hold, with my right to left standard shape. Just goes to show, one needs to learn to hit shaped shots to hold certain greens.

Touche! The difference is we aren't playing an open. I don't dislike it either. Honestly I thought it was cool that I hit 3 well planned and executed shots on 13 only to make bogey the other day. It makes my 78 look way better than it reads. I've been kicking butt elsewhere. I'd love the courses that jmike and Dave are describing.

• Like 1

EVNRoll ER 5

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Touche! The difference is we aren't playing an open. I don't dislike it either. Honestly I thought it was cool that I hit 3 well planned and executed shots on 13 only to make bogey the other day. It makes my 78 look way better than it reads. I've been kicking butt elsewhere. I'd love the courses that jmike and Dave are describing.

So you executed your strategy, and still made bogey. Guess Bobby Jones was right. That 5 1/2 inches between the ears can be treacherous!🤔

I executed my strategy to the best of my ability. For some people, most people, on some holes bogey is an acceptable score. That hole is the number 4 handicap hole. Given my handicap 4 will not kill me there.

EVNRoll ER 5

I'm sorry 5 will not kill me.

EVNRoll ER 5

No argument. Bayou is tough. Congrats on your 78.

It was also from the blue tees. My 4.8 index gets my 7 strokes from there.

EVNRoll ER 5

We call that being Stoneleigh'ed here at Stoneleigh GC.  We have a number of short but steep slopes immediately adjacent to several fairways, so a shot that misses the short stuff by 4 feet can leave you in rough with the ball 18 inches above or below your feet.  We also have at least 5 greens with severe terracing, leave it on the wrong side and you're hoping to take only 3 putts.  But really, what fun is golf without the occasional taste of completely unfair adversity?

That's almost every hole at my course (TPC Valley)! Come to think of it, we do have the "Valley of Death" and the "Valley of Sin" where drives just slightly right end up in deep Pete Dye valleys with very long rough. Also, had a shot on 18 Tuesday, thought it was great off the tee, ended up in the left fringe, nice short grass. But it was right where the slope down to the water starts and the ball was almost waist level. So what should have been an easy 8 iron to the green turned out to be a chunked shot into more rough and a double bogie.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter