Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

New Hogan Online Performance Center

The Ben Hogan Company has officially launched its new Online Performance Center -- the relaunch of the online HoganFit program.  

We shared a preview with you last week, but it's now officially launched for the rest of the world. 

It's important to remember that it's just an online fitting tool, and not in any way intended to replace an in-person fitting with a professional fitter.

Here's a link.

And here's the press release:

The Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company Introduces the “Online Performance Center”

Company's proprietary technology now provides precise iron, wedge and hybrid fittings

FORT WORTH, TEXAS, June 8th, 2016 – The Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company today announced a significant expansion of its online HoganFit™ clubfitting process. A visit to the new Ben Hogan Online Performance Center first offers each golfer a complete Bag Mapping Analysis, which provides an insightful look into the actual technical aspects of the golfer's current set make-up. From there, the golfer can choose to see “Ben Hogan Solutions” in a virtual clubfitting experience to re-working any aspect of their set make-up.

Once the Bag Mapping Analysis is completed, the golfer can choose from any of four areas of fitting:

• WedgeFit™- Recommends the exact matrix of Ben Hogan TK wedges to seamlessly blend to the golfer's current iron set, selecting from the Company's offering of 20 individual lofts from 44 to 63 degrees.

• IronFit™- Prescribes Ben Hogan FT. Worth, FT. Worth hi combo or PTx irons based on the golfer's preference for distance, forgiveness, and workability, with each set accurately matched to the golfer's launch angle tendencies and preferences.

• HybridFit™- Prescribes the right loft matrix of hybrids to optimize gapping and long-range performance, choosing from eleven different VKTR hybrids from 17 to 27 degrees of loft.

• HoganFit™- Offers a full-bag custom solution of irons, wedges and hybrids, based on each golfer's individual preferences and skills, with the goal of optimizing performance through the entire bag.

“Our company's values and our passion for precision are founded on Mr. Hogan's relentless pursuit of perfection,” said Terry Koehler, President/CEO of The Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company. “Our new Ben Hogan Online Performance Center is very sophisticated and is the first step to optimizing a golfer's ‘tool box' for better golf.”

The entire Ben Hogan product line is based on giving each golfer the exact loft matrix in their hybrids, irons and wedges that will optimize their tee-to-green performance. The Company's commitment to precision is illustrated by the fact that each of the three iron models is crafted in every loft of iron from 20 to 47 degrees, which can be configured into any of four different sequences to fit any golfer's launch tendencies and preferences. The TK wedges are available in every loft from 44 to 63 degrees, and the VKTR hybrids in any loft from 17 to 27 degrees.

“Ben Hogan was meticulous in the way he did everything,” explained Terry Koehler. “We believe he would be very proud of the extremes we have taken to provide golfers with this level of precision in assembling just the right set of clubs to get the most out of their own hard-earned skills.

“We created the Online Performance Center's Bag Mapping Analysis to illustrate to any golfer the disparate loft gapping throughout his or her set that is the result of the industry's relentless pursuit of distance at any cost. From that understanding, golfers quickly appreciate how we have applied our technologies to re-align the set for improved accuracy and distance control, which leads to better shotmaking.”

The Ben Hogan Online Performance Center can be found at BenHoganGolf.com.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So I'm a little torqued about their wedge fit recommendations.  As you know I have the SCORs and excluding the 42, I have 46, 50, 54, and 58.  They recommended that I get the TK wedges in 47, 51, 55, 59, and 63.  WTF?  One degree?  What's wrong with what I have?  And I certainly don't need anything more lofted than my 58.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...

They recommended 4 wedges for me  60 being that last one. I took the my 60 out of my bag, I already hit the ball short enough.. I do like the Hogan philosophy and my clubs are just not right.  I would like to try their hybrids and the new irons .Heck I would like to go get fitted, but Texas in the summer, they say it gets warm. : )

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

Just a little warm down here. I cant even say its a dry heat....Its not

got that right!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

• 3 weeks later...

Went through the iron "fitting" a couple of days ago, they listed my current TM RSi2s as having only 1 degree between 2 irons, and 7 between 2 others. This is nothing like the official TM specs. I'm hoping they don't know something that i should!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I redid the fit and now Hogan wants $2,300 to outfit my bag..........think I'll stick with my cobras.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It will be interesting to see if there is any reaction in the industry to stamping the loft on the irons rather than a number.  Perhaps the number (3-P) along with the loft below the number will become the norm?

I can't even find Hogans to try at any of the golf shops around me.  I know they have a send-us-some-money-and-we-will-send-you-a-couple-clubs trial pack but I'd like to just go to GolfSmith and give 'em a whack in the simulator.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

When I saw the hybrid review go up this morning I headed over to see what they recommended to apply in the thread. It came out with no recommendation for hybrids and told me I needed to get rid of some of my longer irons. 🤔

Full bag makeover in the 2g range. Too rich for my rookie blood. Sorry Mr. Hogan not any time soon 😣

When I saw the hybrid review go up this morning I headed over to see what they recommended to apply in the thread. It came out with no recommendation for hybrids and told me I needed to get rid of some of my longer irons. 🤔

Full bag makeover in the 2g range. Too rich for my rookie blood. Sorry Mr. Hogan not any time soon 😣

If you think about it for 11 clubs it's not bad.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Oh don't get me wrong, if I had the excess funds laying around I'd be all about it. Unfortunately that's not the case right now haha.

Oh I know. I try to find good deals where I can.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Currently doing the test pack, don't know if it's the kbs tour v shaft or what, not liking the feel of the club's. Do like that they keep head length somewhat closer than most iron/ wedges. Right now the vokey head size is considerably larger than these Wilson 100s

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

It will be interesting to see if there is any reaction in the industry to stamping the loft on the irons rather than a number.  Perhaps the number (3-P) along with the loft below the number will become the norm?

I can't even find Hogans to try at any of the golf shops around me.  I know they have a send-us-some-money-and-we-will-send-you-a-couple-clubs trial pack but I'd like to just go to GolfSmith and give 'em a whack in the simulator.

When I picked the game back up a couple years ago I stumbled across a used set of Cleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl irons (which I loved, I just missed forged irons...), and they had the loft and number on each iron, like this. I loved it, because at the very least it kept me from having to Google the specs for my clubs every time I wanted to get a good idea of the loft of the club I was actually hitting.  In today's market, where the MORE DISTANCE promised by each manufacturer is actually delivered through stronger lofts, that loft stamping was very helpful.  What I did find odd, though, is that in reviews of the CG16s in other forums that shall not be named here, they made fun of the lofts being stamped on the irons, calling them goofy and whatnot.

Right before I traded the CG16s the new Hogans came out, with lofts only.  I love the idea.  There's no more, "I HIT A PW 160 yards!" on the course.  Now you can say what loft you're actually hitting, removing some of the ego and machismo from the game.  It's a great idea, and I'd love to see other manufacturers follow suit - but then how will they be able to promise more distance with a six iron that's actually a four iron? 

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Forgive my rambling on the notion of lofts on irons, I couldn't resist! 

I just came here to say I just went through each step of the Online Performance Center and found it to be a great tool for 'clubfitting' without actually swinging a club, especially if you have some data regarding swing speed handy.  Similar to Ping and Bridgestone's online offerings, at the very least it gives you a great starting point, and at most it provides a great customer service experience, allowing the consumer to identify more closely with the manufacturer.  

Terry Koehler is doing a great job building his new brand. I'd like to think Mr. Hogan would be proud!

I redid the fit and now Hogan wants $2,300 to outfit my bag..........think I'll stick with my cobras.

I agree...I wish the price of the clubs was more in the range of my budget. For now, I'll stare at the computer screen and drool. 

Archived