TESTERS WANTED! ×

YES Putters?

VTgolfing

I just put a YES Tracy II model putter in the bag and can't wait to get to the course. I really like the idea of 2.5 degrees of loft and the C-groove technology. With other putters I have felt the need to forward press a lot to get a good roll, I'm looking forward to a more neutral stance. Any body used them? What are your thoughts?YES Putters

I just put a YES Tracy II model putter in the bag and can't wait to get to the course. I really like the idea of 2.5 degrees of loft and the C-groove technology. With other putters I have felt the need to forward press a lot to get a good roll, I'm looking forward to a more neutral stance. Any body used them? What are your thoughts?YES Putters

I used at Callie F for awhile and found it to be a solid putter with great roll. The C grooves work and the steel is hard for great response. Agree on the 2.5* loft and also use a Piretti putter with the same loft. Can't go wrong with a Yes!

I think as far as major putter makers go, they make the best putters of the bunch. The loft is at 2.5* which I think is good. The lie angles are not too flat. There's a ton of different designs, the ball rolls off really well on the putter. Plus, they have a wide variety of putterhead weights which I think is important. I have the Victoria II.

I'll probably keep that and won't change until I can one day afford an Edel putter.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

The ball rolls off the yes putter great. The feel is pretty firm though.

I actually prefer the firmer feel. I've never been able to get used to a insert putter. I want the feel to go directly to my hands and not get muted. I also think if it comes off a little faster I don't have to make a longer stroke to get it to the hole. Shorter for me means less to go wrong.

Ok....not to be Debbie Downer....but I always heard that the C-groove thing supposedly put a great roll with a center strike but had been proven to be detrimental to an off-center strike. As in, good for tour pro's but, bad for the avg player.

I actually prefer the firmer feel. I've never been able to get used to a insert putter. I want the feel to go directly to my hands and not get muted. I also think if it comes off a little faster I don't have to make a longer stroke to get it to the hole. Shorter for me means less to go wrong.

I play a bettinardi that is like butter off the face yet firm if hit wrong. That's what I like so i know when I hit a bad shot

• SPY VIP

Anyone compare the groove systems of Yes! vs. Rife? It seems like Rife grooves may be more forgiving if hit off center. I really wanted to roll an Emma (my daughter) but when I saw that model I couldn't pull the trigger.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I haven't hit the Yes Putters, but I love my Rife 2 Bar Putter, biggest improvement club I have added to my bag, and well, I guess I could put at all either. I find it very forgiving!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I haven't hit the Yes Putters, but I love my Rife 2 Bar Putter, biggest improvement club I have added to my bag, and well, I guess I could put at all either. I find it very forgiving!

How would you compare the 2 Bar to the Barbados? My eye is drawn more to the Barbados. Especially the CS model.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Anyone compare the groove systems of Yes! vs. Rife? It seems like Rife grooves may be more forgiving if hit off center. I really wanted to roll an Emma (my daughter) but when I saw that model I couldn't pull the trigger.

I think they put a similar roll on the ball, but the grooves on the Rife are all across the face so I agree with you on the forgiveness factor. And I think the Rife's have a softer feel to them (although that could be a good or bad thing depending on what you like).

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

You get really really good roll with Yes! putters, but IMO, the feel is not very good. But to each their own...

Have you tried a Rife Island Series? I love mine - can't pimp it enough. Best world of both worlds IMHO - great feel plus the groove technology for better roll.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived