Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

In the market for Pull/Push Cart, any ideas?

digitaltexan

I've decided to get off the rump and walk the course.

I'm looking for a Pull/Push Cart that is rich in features but fairly affordable.

I've had a flimsy cheap pull cart before that ended up in the garage sale pile, so I don't want to make the same mistake...

I would like to get some feedback reviews about what's out there in the market...

What are some of the features I should be focusing on and one's that I should ignore???

Should I go TWO wheels, THREE wheels, or Four???

What really works and what doesn't???

Which products should I stay away from, what are the brands that I can trust???

In my  :callaway-small: 2018 Org14 Cart Bag I have:

:callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5°

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Fairway 3W 15° & 5W 18°, Project X Even Flow 65-R

:callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3-H 18° (+2° set to 20°), Steelfiber fc-75

:callaway-small: 2019 Big Bertha 4-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil ZT9 460 Graphite

:callaway-small: 2019 PM Grind Tour Grey 56/14, JAWS MD5 52/10

:odyssey-small: Triple Track DoubleWide, Stroke Lab 32in shaft, SuperStroke WristLock Grip

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft Yellow, Triple Track, Truvis, Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece

Add another vote for Clicgear. I've had a BagBoy pull cart; Sun Mountain push and a cheepo Dick's Sporting Goods push cart. The Clicgear is far and away the best of the bunch. They are a bit expensive, but they just released a new model so the old models are on sale for $160 or so I believe.

As far as features, I think 3 wheel push style is best, although I've never tried the new 4 wheel models. Stay away from inflatable tires, they go flat. Good size storage compartments and a nice cupholder are mandatory. Overall sturdiness is important, but most of the good brands are pretty solid. Lastly, before you buy one, fold it up and put it in your trunk. The Clicgear has all these things and the folding mechanism and folded size is the best of any of the others. Honestly, there really isn't a comparison, Clicgear is superior in pretty much every category.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Yet a third vote for clicgear. I like mine and would only trade it for a newer model. I've had NO problems with it.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Things to think about...

1. Size and weight of the collapsed cart. Will it fit in your ride??

2. Do you need an umbrella holder?

3. Are you a person that is "hard" on things?? if so, get a sturdier cart.. it will last longer.

4. Do you really need all that storage on the cart?, or will the storage in your bag work just as well?

5. Pick a good color. This thing will be with you for quite some time.

My advice is to go with either Sun Mountain V1 with foam tires, or Clic Gear 3.0.

Both can be had for around $179.00

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I just got a Clicgear. Took advantage of a sale on the 2.0 version. Posted some pics in this thread if you've never seen one:

Going to a push cart

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Thanks for all the advise!!!

Well I did it... After finding other forum posts and reading all the Clicgear reviews I went ahead and ordered one... a Yellow 3.0...

I was seriously thinking about getting the 2.0 but since I usually load way too much stuff in my pockets, i thought that the

underside carry-all netting would be well worth the difference...

Initial reports... I LOVE IT!!! It's very sturdy, much better than the flimsy one I used to have... I took it out of the packaging and my eyes were just popping out

at the amazement of how big the wheels are... and then I started folding it all out... and it's Huge and built like a tank... and yet it glides with no effort what so ever...

So the funny thing is... Knowing that expected delivery was on Friday, I schedule a 9-hole tee time for 5:30pm... I get home after work and the package is waiting for me... i rush in and start unpacking, like its christmas morning... I scramble and take off all the plastic wrap... pull out the instructions and figure out the proper way

to un-fold... then I re-fold... then un-fold and then re-fold and get it in the car and head out to the course... where I start showing it off right there in the parking lot to any one who wants to see...

so as I said, this being my first time to walk a course, this pull cart just glides down the cart paths and fairways... hardly any effort what so ever... and going down slopes, it is so well balanced I just let it roll down ahead of me... I really do believe that with this cart, I was able to walk the course without straining or overly exhausting myself anymore that I would have if I were driving a cart... if it wasn't for the late start, I would have love to continue on for 9 more holes...

I had such a good time with this cart, I was literally dreaming of playing golf with the cart, later that night... and I can't wait to get back out...

after all, I have 39 more 9-hole rounds to play until it pays for it self...

Thanks again!!!

:odyssey-small: Triple Track DoubleWide, Stroke Lab 32in shaft, SuperStroke WristLock Grip

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft Yellow, Triple Track, Truvis, Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece

Great to hear!!!!! welcome to walking.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Enjoy that clicgear. One real nice add on is the wheel cover system. The wheels do grab a bit of grass when it is wet. The cover fits over all three wheels and fits into a tiny stuff sack when not in use.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Yellow?! SWEET! You'll love it. Mines black, cause thats all they had at the shop. I want a yellow or orange one.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

Yellow?! SWEET! You'll love it. Mines black, cause thats all they had at the shop. I want a yellow or orange one.

Colors do hold up over time too. My orange one still pops after two years... :rolleyes:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've got the silver one (1.5 yrs old) and it still looks new. They use some quality paint on these things! :rolleyes:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I drove by the nearest Dick's Sports to take a look at the Clicgear Accessories but they did not carry any... Is that an online only thing???

I did see that they currently have the 2.0 model on sale right now for $159.00, if anyone is interested...

I was just on Clicgear's website, they have all sorts of custom fitted rain covers as well, since i'm up here in North Central PA for the summer where it rains just about every other day, I may be ordering that soon... but it's not available on Amazon.com, I wonder if it's a Clicgear website ONLY item???

Archived