TESTERS ANNOUNCED: DST Compressor Set

Our Sponsors

Four Testers Wanted!!

DST Compressor 3 Club Set

It's Pop Quiz time.

What do Charley Hoffman, Sergio Garcia, James Hahn, Hideki Matsuyama and Danny Willett have in common?

Yes, they've all won some pretty big golf tournaments this year. But more specifically, they're all card-carrying members of DST Nation.

How_to_use_the_HPAM_Correctly.jpg

FOUR TESTERS WANTED:

The DST Compressor is one the most unique and effective training aids we've ever reviewed here at MyGolfSpy.  According to DST, this funny looking golf club with the bent shaft works wonders in helping you impact the ball more crisply, consistently and powerfully.

CR-10-8-Iron-Address-Good-700x532-1.jpg

Can this deceptively simple training tool make you a better ball striker? MyGolfSpy is looking for four dedicated golfers to try out the DST Compressor and see for themselves.

HOW TO APPLY:

In this thread, please tell us the following:

1. Your name and home state/province

2. Your current handicap

3. How you think the DST Compressor Set can help your ball striking

Easy peasy, gang!

You MUST apply IN THIS THREAD to be eligible.

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in North American and Europe.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have chosen our testers.   Congrats.......   03trdblack MGoBlue100 GolferKen TheDougieDoug         Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Four Testers Wanted!!   DST Compressor 3 Club Set   It's Pop Quiz time.   What do Charley Hoffman, Sergio Garcia, James Hahn, Hideki Matsuyama and Danny Willett have in common?   Yes, they've

Congrats, all! I will be reading intently, as I am interested in possibly purchasing this product.

Posted Images

Sean Frazier Ohio

26.9 handicap

I think the compressor can help my long iron game as well as my short game by getting my hands into the proper Impact postion

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Mike Babl, Wisconsin

10.1 Handicap

I have a very early release (like so early that the shaft is swinging back by the time it gets to the ball) and end up with a high weak ball flight. I think the DST Compressor would help fix that.

Allan/NJ

If it does what it says, it should definitely help me with having my hands in the forward position at the bottom of my arc and have contact with the ball first before turf. Hitting FAT shots is disgusting...

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Jon from Iowa

10 Handicap

I think this DST will help me with more consistent ball striking because I tend to cast a little too early some times and struggle to make solid contact with my longer irons which sacrifices distance and accuracy.

Driver: Ping G30 SFTech Stiff Flex

3W: Cobra F9, Atmos TS Blue 7S

5W: Cobra F6

4H: Cobra F7 4-5H 22* Stiff Flex

5-PW: Taylormade RSI TP +1/2", 2* Upright, Stiff Flex (DG S400)

50, 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey, F-Grind/M-Grind

Josh - Illinois

+1.6

I think the DST will help me get the more constant contact I need with my mid to longer irons to take my game back to where it was 10 years ago.

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• Chuck from NY

• ~18 and improving

• Want to train my body to rotate better and more fully, from start of swing .. going into impact .. and through to the finish. Want to learn to make better contact - consistently - from wedges thru irons up to longest clubs. Want to continue to improve my technique so I continue to improve on the course!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

1. Chase / NY

2. 20-25 handicap (improving)

3. I have been working on learning to strike the ball with my irons. I have struggled with making sure my hands are in front of the ball when making contact and connecting with the ball before the turf. I'm perfectly happy being punished (by the DST clubs) if it ultimately improves my striking :)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Mini

Hybrids: Adams Tight Lie (3)

Irons: 5-A Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 (56/60)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX 1

Hi there I'm...

#1 Craig from...

#2 Halifax nova Scotia Canada.

Aka sharkhark

#3 I'm a 9 handicap.

I have always shot well but I'm told I don't hit it far. I don't have forward lean at impact I add loft. I get away with it in short irons but mid to long length shots I just don't swing properly to get that ball to compress right.

I have good swing speed with too much added loft. Help me!

I've always found the idea of this training tool to be very cool yet for some reason I haven't bought it already?

No better time to win a chance to review.

I once got asked on a golf review site in Toronto to do a guest review of a course & they said I did such a great job with pictures and my writing they ended up having me do 3 reviews.

So I promise should I win I would give it a thorough test and provide a detailed review but concise & to the point with pictures as well.

Pick me! Send this DST set of training clubs North of the border! 🏌️⛳

Sent from my A0001 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Rob, Nashville TN

3.3 handicap

I actually don't know how/if it will improve my ball striking but really want to try it anyway.

My bag is a revolving door!

Justin Bertsch, Florida

Handicap of 15

The DST Compressor Set could help my ball striking by getting clean contact on the ball.  The will help to reduce the amount of fat shots and work to get the correct amount of shaft lean at contact.  I previously used the Tour Striker 7 iron and this would be a good comparison.  I currently have an issue with thinning wedge shots, so this would also assist in getting better contact especially from tight lies.

1. Your name and home state/province

2. Your current handicap

3. How you think the DST Compressor Set can help your ball striking

TJ Guidry Louisiana, USA

handicap 20

I have not played golf in +20 years. Just picked up the game again and have trouble striking my irons solid and consistently.  Would like to try these out to improve my game.

Man... if you're a +1.6 I'd think you're already putting a decent amount of compression on the ball. If your hcp is that low now how low did it used to be?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Chad Rechlo, Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

i have been looking into this training aid for the last year. I've been working on keeping the hands forward on impact and I think this training aid will really help me get to the next level.

Thank MGS

John Giesler, California

I've been trying to give the wife the hint to get the DST for the past 2 birthdays with no luck.

Being the father of a 2 y/o and working a job that leaves little daylight when off the clock my average round has gone from low 80s during my early twenties (while managing a green grass shop ) to mid 90s in my early 30s. I think the DST Compressor will give me the feedback needed to make the short, lunch break practice sessions worth while and build upon one another versus feeling like I start over each time. To put it simply, my swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair.

I've been following the product reviews for quite a while and would love to see how this would help me and share my experience.

Unergoose

1. Alfredo, California

2. 6

3. I think the DST Compressor can help me stay in a "lagged position" longer and not only help my ball striking, but also help with increasing my distance control on my full swings by staying "behind" the ball longer and allowing my right side to clear before my by arms get to the ball.

Chad; Texas

I tend to flip my hands near impact and when I try to keep my hands in front I tend to hit the turf before the ball, I really need help training myself to hit the ball first and then the ground.

Dave, Northern Virginia

I have a pronounced cast. When my timing is right it doesn't hurt me too much. Been trying to get rid of it for a while and think this tool will help.

Would also like to see a test of the swing shirt v. Swing jacket.