Visit Nike Golf's website HERE

Visit Nike Golf's Facebook HERE

Visit Nike Golf's Twitter HERE

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Nike RZN Tour Black Stage 1 Review

Hi my name is Josh and i'm an alcoholic. Whoops wrong forum  :D

Well what you've already learned from me is I procrastinate like the best of them. (Last of Team Black Balls to post.) Hell I think I am the best at it. I finally got the kids to bed and i think my wife is still alive in the bedroom. Not sure, she's been sleeping since 7:00pm. If she is dead does that mean I get to play more golf?  :huh:

I had to break the ice on my first review. I'm still getting the hang of this forum. I honestly don't go on any forums, but I'm glad you guys and I think gals? will have me! I'm excited to review the Nike RZN Tour Black Golf balls. I've had them on my kitchen table for a few weeks and they play hide and seek really well under the papers my kids bring home from camp! I didn't forget about them this past Saturday when I went to play Troy Burne in Hudson, WI and shot a career low 74 never playing this ball before! Boo yah!

I cannot remember the last time i played a Nike ball. I know the last time I bought any Nike balls where way back in the day when Tiger was playing the Nike One Gold and Black. I loved that ball, but then I fell in love with the Pro V1x. It has the green side spin on the ball I'm looking for and a nice draw to my irons. Honestly any Nike ball before this I would give to the kids.

The Questions!

Handicap- 7.0 now thanks to that 74 Saturday. I dropped .6 with one round!

Strengths/Weaknesses- These very for me round to round. I would say my scrambling is pretty constant. I have recently had issues with my 60* wedge, but maybe the new ball wink wink has helped since I hit some great shots with it lately. My driver has been streaky and sort of always is, but I think thats just an amateur thing!

Typical ball flight- My driver flight is a mid flight and irons are high.

Current ball- ProV1x, Wilson DuoU, pretty sure Nike RZN Tour Black will be on my list after that 74!!

Typical miss- I tend to snap hook or just plain hook my irons too much.

Swing Tempo- I try to have a "1, 2" tempo that my instructor Bryan Skavank drills into my head. That being said I swing way to fast. It is pretty amazing if I acutally use that tempo I hit it good. Go figure!!!

Driver Swing Speed- I am around 105-110. I just  bought the new Taylormade M1, so we will see if it goes up!

What makes you love the game- I love all of the game. The scenery of the course the great shots you hit and the friends you make on the course. I have made some life long friendships thanks to the game.

How long have you been golfing?- I have been golfing since I was in my teens playing around with my step Dad's clubs. I didn't take it up seriously until 1998 when i joined the golf team in high school. I've been addicted ever since.

What kind of golfer are you?- I am a golf nut! I have lied to my wife and work to go play golf. Yes, I did get busted!! I am trying to get to a scratch. 7 more to go!

What's in my bag? - I was fit for custom Wilson clubs last season thanks to Hack to Jack reality show. So, right now I play the FG Tour M3 irons 4-pw, F4 3 utility iron, wedges are 52, 54, 60. I carry the D200 5W. I have the 3W, but I took it out to put another wedge in. My driver was a Wilson D200, but like I said above I just bought the new Taylormade M1.

What region do you play out of? - I live in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis, MN. I play several courses in the area. I like to play different courses. It makes me feel like my handicap is legit. 

Are you a tinkerer or a set and forget it guy? - I pretty much leave it as is. It might take me a little while to dial it in, but once its set I'm usually ok with just trying to get the swing down.

After seeing how good my teammates did with their pics I would say I'm the weak link right now. I will make it up in stage 2.

IMG_0486.JPG

Here is a shot showing my playing partner after I hit a flop shot over his head. If you look close you can see I stuck the ball to a foot! Felt awesome off the face.

IMG_0489.JPG

Great bunker spin too. see that steep face bunker on the far right? The pin is near the water. It checked up for me on the downhill

IMG_0493.JPG

It's time once again for another quick test and a chance to improve my reviewer abilities. This time around we are testing the new Nike RZN Tour balls. We have two teams have a little contest I hear Team Platinum (Boooooooooo) and Team Black (Wooooooo). If you can't tell buy the Woo and Boo I am on team Black with our leader being the always wonderful Golf Spy Barbajo. If you want to be a tester it doesn't hurt to suck up to Mr. Barbajo just a little bit. Team Platinum is led by Golf Spy MBP he seems like a nice gent, but will be the leader of the losing team.

RZN 1.jpgRZN 2.jpgRZN 3.jpgRZN 4.jpgRZN 7.jpg

As for the golf balls, I currently am playing a few different balls. Snell My Tour Ball, Wilson Duo U, Wilson FG Tour, and I also have a few older versions of Nike, last year's Platinum and 20XI's and of course I am always trying to find a cheaper Pro V1, my favorite ball. The FG tours and 20xi where both bought on clearance sales, great way to get tour level golf balls.  What I normally look for in a ball is feel around the greens putting has been one of my weaknesses is putting, but I have been working on that. Another weakness is also my biggest strength distance. I have the Jay Cutler problem I believe my power can get me where I want to be regardless of risk. I hit very high, long, and sometimes wild shots. I have been trying to tone it down play smart, but then I hear Roy McAvoy “I could there from here,” and safe goes out the window. Swing speed is in the 105 MPH range, that doesn't sound  super-fast except that with a 7 Iron .

RZN 5.jpgRZN 6.jpgRZN 8.jpg

I am super excited to test the new Nike RZN Tour Black. A few years ago I found a Nike One Tour Black out on the course and it became one of my favorite balls. They were already discontinued when I found the one on the course and I went out and searched for as many as I could find it ended up only being about 3 dozen. I am hoping the new RZN Tour Black play just as well. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Stage 2 - Reserved

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Stage 1

Open_Box_Top.jpg

Open_Box.jpg

Hi everyone, my name is Jon.  I wanted to thank Barbajo, Bones, MGS and Nike for the amazing opportunity to try the Nike RZN Tour Black golf ball.  I did not expect to get this chance to provide you all with my thoughts so you can see if this ball is for you.  I have never purchased Nike golf balls, but I have played a few different models that I have found on the course over the last couple years.  When I saw the testers wanted thread for golf balls I did not know what to expect.  Would I be testing a sleeve of several different brands and be required to compare them all?  Would I get a dozen premium balls or entry level balls?  How do I provide feedback for a golf ball?  Well I was selected to try out Nike's new for 2016 RZN Tour Black and after playing them a few times I think it will be quite easy to give you feedback.  I received my balls last Friday and immediately put them in play!

Open_Carton.jpg

RZN_Top_Sleeve.jpg

My first impressions of the RZN Tour Black when I got them were optimistic.  The packaging is a little different, the carton does not have a cover that removes like most balls, it just has a tab you fold open.  I am really digging the blue number and lettering, it matches my blue sharpie I use to mark my balls.  The cover seems to be a little bit more dull than my Taylormade ball and also feels pretty sticky in your hand.  I also noticed what Nike is calling the “Flight Suit Cover”.  There are little pin point sized dimples within the dimples on the ball.  I found an article online calling these “micro-dimples” and there are supposedly 13,558 of them!  This is the first time I have seen anything like this in a golf ball since Bridgestone introduced their “double dimple" design. These micro-dimples are supposed to promote longer more stable ball flight.  In my limited play with them so far I would say Nike is on to something.

RZN_Closeup.jpg

RZN_Side_Sleeve.jpg

RZN_Bottom_Sleeve.jpg

Also Nike has increased the size of their RZN core by 10% from last year's model.  This is said to help generate faster ball speeds with a slightly lower compression and softer feel.  The few times I have hit Nike balls in the past I kind of recall them being a little on the firm side.  So I welcome these improvements with open arms.

RZN_Marked.jpg

RZN_1_Marked.jpg

A little about me:

I use Swing by Swing to track my rounds and mostly play 9 holes for league or after work and it says my handicap as of today is 10.7.  I generally shoot in the mid 80's to low 90's on 18 holes.  I would say the strength of my game right now is my distance and iron play.  I usually do not have much more than a wedge into the green.  My normal courses are pretty short and for the most part open, so there is not a lot of trouble to be had.  My typical miss is a slice with the driver. I would say my weakness is being mentally strong for the entire round and without a doubt my putting followed by short game.  I just can't drop putts, and have a hard time getting the ball out of the rough near the green.  Over the last week my putting has gotten better since I started looking at the hole instead of the ball, but I still have a lot of work to do.

RZN_Teed_Up.jpg

I typically work the ball left to right.  I am able to work the ball a little in both directions with irons, but my woods and driver is almost always a fade.  The most common miss I have is to the right, with the occasional pull or snap hook as I try to fix my slice.  I have been struggling with rotating my hands through to square the driver head at impact.

RZN_Teed_Up_Driver.jpg

I am currently gaming last year's Taylormade Tour Preferred ball.  I have found this ball to be the best ball I have played so far.  It is less prone to slice/hook off the tee than the Chromesofts I was using, but still has back spin when you need it of irons/wedges.  It has plenty of stopping power on the green, and excellent feel off the face.  I have tried plenty of golf balls (Pro V1/x, Chromesoft, B330 variants, E6, Project (a) and a few other random balls) and have never felt more tied to a ball than the Tour Preferred so I am excited to see what Nike has to offer.

RZN_Vs_TP_Side.jpg

RZN_Vs_TP_Top.jpg

I would say my swing tempo is moderate, not too fast, but definitely not slow.  According to Zepp it is 3.0-3.3 on average. My driver swing speed is usually around the 105-110 range, which gives me average drives in the 275 range with the occasional blast over 300.  In the video below I am swinging a 7-iron and excuse my pre-shot yips and lower quality, this video was taken using the Zepp app.

I love golf because I can constantly improve and it gives me something to continuously try to get better at.  I also enjoy being able to be outside for a few hours.  To me there is nothing better than waking up early to get 18 in.  Even if I am playing really bad I am still having a good time and having a few really good shots can make the day better.  I have been golfing more regularly for the last 4 years.  I learned the game as a teen when my grandpa would take me out a couple times a year.  He taught me all he could about the game and now belongs in a pretty exclusive group of shooting younger than his age (he is 82 and has a round of 78 and 79 this year).  When I was in high school and college the game kind of fell off for me.  I didn't have my own clubs and didn't have any friends that played.  I probably played twice over the course of my 5 years of undergrad.  A few years ago I started to get back into it, and the last 3 years I have been in a league through work and this year I have been bitten by the golf bug.  As long as it is not raining I am getting in range sessions or 9 holes after work 3-4 days a week and playing every Sunday mornings.  

This morning for example I found a little friend on the side of the third green:

Little_Friend.jpg

I am a competitive person by nature.  When it comes to golf, I want to beat you but more than anything I want to beat myself and shoot as low as I can.  I understand everyone's skill level is different, so me beating you or you beating me doesn't mean a lot to me.  I would much rather shoot my best round and lose to you, than to shoot bad and beat you by a 10 strokes.  To me golf is a game that I can compete against myself, and have no one to blame but me.

My story is pretty simple.  I got a pretty good job right out of college, have a great wife and our first child is due in October.  I am an engineer so the more data I have the better.  I tend to over analyze everything.  I love reading reviews on just about anything and everything from cars, to electronics to golf equipment.  I joined this forum to get information on new equipment and to learn more about the game.  I did not expect to get so immersed in conversations with you guys and seeing what helps you.  With golf balls it is kind of hard to get raw data.  I don't have access to a course where I can setup on a hole and hit the entire dozen to get data, but I will do my best to provide you with how I feel the ball performs.  I have had a chance to get 4 rounds in with these balls and so far I am quite amazed.

I am generally extremely brand loyal in almost everything, but when it comes to whats in my bag it is definitely and assortment of clubs that I have found to work well for me.  The oldest club in my bag right now is my driver (3rd season with it), I am definitely not afraid to try something new to to see if it can be any better:

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tech 10* standard Ping TFC 419 stiff shaft

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium with Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 55 stiff shaft

5W: Cobra Bio Cell Blue with Project X 6.0 shaft

4H: Nike Covert 2.0 23*  with Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage 80Hy Stiff shaft

5-PW: Taylormade RSI TP +1/2", 2* Upright with DG S400 shafts

50, 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey, F-Grind/M-Grind with DG S400 shafts

Putter: Odyssey Works Versa #7 counterbalanced 35”

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred

I chose my drive based on demoing just about every driver at my local retail store (Dick's).  I was replacing a 15+ year old steel head Big Bertha and was open to whatever I hit the best.  For me that was the Ping.

I ordered my 3W based off reviews from several sources online.  It has worked out really well so far, but I don't use it that often because my course layout does not often require it.

I ordered my 5W because it was on a flash deal a while ago and based on reviews I thought it would work well, and if it didn't I wouldn't be out too much money.  Well I have found it to be my favorite club.

My hybrid was again another online purchase off a good deal and it has been a great club for me so far.

For my irons I demo'd quite a few irons at Dicks from game improvement to players irons had last fall including the not yet released PSI's.  Dick's didn't carry the RSI TP, so I swung the RSI2.  The two irons that worked best were the RSI and Ping I irons.  I thought I was set on the RSI 2 when I found a great deal on the RSI TP online with the exact specs I needed slightly used.

I just got new wedges this spring because my old iron set came with a gap wedge, and my new set did not have one.  I decided finally that it was time to get fitted properly for my something so I drove an hour and a half to Iowa City to go to Golf USA which is on the top 100 fitters list.  I was open to anything, but leaned toward the SM6 and ended up hitting them marginally better than Mizuno.

For my putter, I would always go to Dick's and try out several putters over the course of about 6 months and always hit the versa #7 best.  Then when the Odyssey Works edition came out I tried it and couldn't believe how well the ball came off the face, it rolled so much better.  When it comes to clubs I am a set it and forget it type.  When it comes to my swing I am constantly trying to tinker to find something that clicks and that I can repeat consistently.

I almost never buy the same ball for more than a couple dozen, but as of right now the Tour Preferred might be sticking for a while (Nike, lets see what you got!)

RZN_Wedge.jpg

I live in Dubuque, Iowa so most of my play is around here.  I grew up in the Minneapolis area so I play around there when we visit our parents.  I went to school in Fargo (Go Bison \m/) and that is where my love of golf started to develop after I graduated.  All of my rounds have been in the midwest until this year.  I got to go to Vegas for work in February and played a round there before I came home.  Playing in the desert is quite odd.  Then in March we went on vacation to Florida and I played one round there.

I am excited to put these 4-layer balls into play and see how they hold up!  Golf Digest has these as a gold performer in 2016's Hot List giving them 5 stars in performance and innovation and 4 stars in feel.  I have played them for 4 rounds now and I have to say I am really impressed!  I am getting a little more distance, and this ball sticks on the green.  I will get more into that in stage 2, but for right now I would definitely recommend the 2016 Nike RZN Tour Black!

Driver: Ping G30 SFTech Stiff Flex

3W: Cobra F9, Atmos TS Blue 7S

5W: Cobra F6

4H: Cobra F7 4-5H 22* Stiff Flex

5-PW: Taylormade RSI TP +1/2", 2* Upright, Stiff Flex (DG S400)

50, 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey, F-Grind/M-Grind

Stage 2 - Reserved

Nike RZN Black Review - STAGE 1

Nike Ball 2.jpg

I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a ball hoe --- I'll use dang near anything that doesn't feel like a rock.  Last year I used the Wilson Staff DUO Spin and Srixon Z-Star for much of the season with very good results. Earlier this spring I went through a Bridgestone ball fitting and was fit into the B 330, which surprised me since my driver swing speed is 100 to 101 at most. However, I can't really argue with the results – distance, control and green performance has been exceptional for me with that ball. 

I've also made use of the Wilson DUO Urethane this year, which I also like very much.

My experience so far with the RZN Black from Nike has been most favorable – to the point that I went out and bought another dozen.  I've also learned there's a noticeable difference in spin between the RZN Black and the RZN Platinum, with the Black a lower spinning ball.  This has so far worked well for me.

IMG_0646.JPG

On to the questions:

Handicap – early season blues lifted the ‘Cap from 6.2 the end of last season to a high of 7.1 in early June. Couple of solid rounds dropped it back down to 6.7, although fun in the mountains has is trending back to 7.2.

Strengths & Weaknesses – Boy, can these fluctuate. What day is it? There are days when driving is a huge strength, and there are days when I can't hit it anywhere near what most people would call “in play.” Irons tend to be decent, while short game ranges from very good to “what the hell was that?”  Putting has been getting better and right now I'd consider it solid.

Typical Ball Flight – Usually high, normal driver flight is straight or a slight fade; iron flight is straight with a slight draw. 

Typical Miss – Either a pull left or a massive slice.  Same swing, different face angles.

Current Ball – Bridgestone B 330, Wilson DUO U, Nike RZN Black (Spoiler alert – it made the starting lineup)

IMG_0645.JPG

Swing Tempo – When I'm playing well, smooth to moderately aggressive. When I'm not, I'm waayyyyy too aggressive. 

Driver Swing Speed – 100 to 101 when I'm loose and playing well.  I'm almost 56 years old, so it won't be there forever.

What Makes You Love The Game – I love the joy of a good shot well hit.  I love the feel – it's addictive. I love sinking putts, and the sound the ball makes when it hits the bottom.  I love hitting wedge after wedge at the range until I get it right.  I love to practice and play with friends and strangers.  I love the sound the clubs make when you carry the bag on your back, and I love it when I hit a drive and playing partners go “damn!” Or when they laugh…

How Long Have You Been Golfing – Since 1982 when I graduated college.  Was bored one summer afternoon and a bunch of friends decided to go golfing. Borrowed my brothers old clubs and hit a local 9-hole course. The bug bit, and that was that…

What Kind of Golfer Are You? – Avid, sometimes very happy with my game, others not. Still trying to shoot par for 18 holes – best is a 74 achieved several times.

What's In My Bag? – In flux right now.  Have been gaming Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 irons since last year and they are, quite frankly, the best irons I've ever played (Mizzy, Srixon, Adams, Taylormade and others have been in the bag over the years).  Right now I'm trying out the Hogan PTx and after some initial adjustment, things are looking good. 

Also currently gaming either Adams or Hogan hybrids (Hogans are silly-good), Wilson and Hogan wedges and an Edel Willamette putter that you'll have to pry out of my cold, dead hands.

Driver rotates between a Cally DBD BB 815, Nike Vapor Flex 440 and a Mizuno JPX EZ, depending on my mood and their behavior.

Nike Ball 1.jpg

What Region Do You Play Out Of? – I live in Minnesota, and we have a TON of golf courses here of all different types. I also travel a lot for work and bring my clubs with me.  In the last two weeks I've been lucky enough to play in San Jose and Truckee, CA, as well as Denver and Silverthorne, Colorado.  I'll be playing in Central Massachusetts this weekend. 

Tinkerer or Set It/Forget It – I'm a set it and forget it kinda guy.  Unless I hit it all over the place – then I tinker like a madman. 

So that's it for starters – I've been gaming the RZN Black for most of the past month and a half, rotating in the B 330 and DUO U.  As a teaser for my full review, I'll say that when it comes to finding a ball that I like and can rely on, I won't need to go any farther than those three. 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Stage 2 - Reserved

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Stage 1 updated!  These balls are pretty awesome.

Great start Seef824! I can't wait to see how this ball performs for everyone. I've been testing a dozen myself and like what I've seen so far. It's very low spin of my driver, which I love, but I'm still getting quite a bit of spin around the greens. I have tendency to produce too much spin with all my clubs, including my wedges, which is why this ball really intrigues me. I'm testing it against some Bridgestone B330 currently but the Nike's are still winning out so far. Have fun testing!

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Great start Seef824! I can't wait to see how this ball performs for everyone. I've been testing a dozen myself and like what I've seen so far. It's very low spin of my driver, which I love, but I'm still getting quite a bit of spin around the greens. I have tendency to produce too much spin with all my clubs, including my wedges, which is why this ball really intrigues me. I'm testing it against some Bridgestone B330 currently but the Nike's are still winning out so far. Have fun testing!

I agree with you chershey, this ball spins plenty on the green.  I have never had strong spin into greens, but with this ball I am getting shots to stop and it is really helping me on the greens.

I played 54 holes with the RZN black this weekend and loved them. They spun great around the greens but did an amazing job cutting through some pretty strong winds. I had some of my longest drives of all time with them, including a few that I hit a little too long and reached a hazard I shouldn't have been able to get to. Now I just need to start scouring eBay for some deals. I think I've finally found my balls! (that sounds pretty bad, doesn't it?)

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

All 4 of Team Black's Stage 1 Previews are up!!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 4 weeks later...

So me and my coworkers were sitting around the shop and I asked if anyone had tried the new RZN black ball. No one had so I decided to be the guinea pig and give it a try. Boy am I happy with this ball. It has a little bit different sound to it but I wouldn't say it's bad, some people might but I wouldn't. I think with how advanced technology is and how accessible it is, most big companies are going to be able to produce a high quality tour ball that performs. Not many people around here play this ball and for some reason that makes me want to play it more. So for the next little bit I think I'm going to switch to this ball. It does everything I want/need it to do. I hope you guys have as much success with it as I have.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Archived