TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - Snell GET SUM

Official Forum Member Review

Snell Get Sum Golf Balls

Snell GetSum 1.jpg

Snell Golf is taking the golf ball industry by storm - a direct-to-consumer golf ball company with its own in-house R&D, led by legendary golf ball designer Dean Snell.  

We have 5 reviewers ready to take a look at Snell's 2-piece distance ball called the Get Sum. Here's the tale of the tape...

Senll Get Sum 22.jpg

Meet the Testers, and make sure to check out their work:

mjkladis                                    Stage 1                          Stage 2

Justin H                                    Stage 1                          Stage 2

AH1980MN                              Stage 1                          Stage 2

homelessgolfer                        Stage 1                          Stage 2

mudfish                                    Stage 1                         Stage 2

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Reserved - Stage 1

Just a teaser...

I got the balls in the mail Thursday and I was able to get out and play 9 holes with them. Unfortunately it was extremely windy and I couldn't a great read on playability.  Either way, my initial review is coming soon...

Here is a peek at what was in the box...

IMG_3087.JPG

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Reserved - Stage 2

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

MGS Snell “Get Sum” Ball Review

Stage One

Well hello fellow MGS'ers. I'm Karl. What's up? Thanks for trusting me with a review. I know I glean valuable info from MGS- especially the reviews, so I hope I measure up and don't disappoint!

To give a little background on me, I'm a 10-15 Handicap (low of 10.0, current 14.8). I'm one of the guys that the USGA has decided to shut out of their handicapping system as most of my rounds are as a single. Oh well. Luckily, I was able to play my review rounds as one, so I could hit the same shot with multiple balls… well, as close to the same shot as my current swing allows!

The biggest strength of my game is putting/short game. When I worked for a startup club manufacturer in business school, I'd end up giving impromptu putting lessons during demo days because I saw people's response to the product was directly proportional to how they rolled ‘em. And believe me, I saw a lot of lost souls… As I've had playing partners ask for lessons after a round (not all my rounds are as a single), I give some putting lessons on a sporadic basis. I'm much more established as a baseball/softball coach/hitting instructor as I'm a former Div-1 player, so teaching isn't a foreign thing to me…

My secondary strength would be my short game. With an iron game like mine (usually) I'm usually chipping for birdie (or par) more often than I should be! The major weaknesses in my game right now are my irons. I've had some physical issues in my legs which tends to not allow me to “get after it” with my golf swing (and as a result I tend to hang back). The upside is that I became a master of hitting a 5 or 7 iron with a knockdown swing from 150 out instead of letting it fly with a 9-iron. Even as I'm getting healthier, my ball striking isn't as crisp as it was.

Having lived on the East Coast for the majority of my life and beginning golf years, I tend to have a very high ball flight. It was to the point that I was flying my 3-iron almost as high as my 7-iron. (Note to self… never read a Golf Digest “how to hit your irons” article again…) So, my current miss is short and to the right (I play right handed)…. Yes, a flare to the right. It's not as bad with the driver, but it does rear its ugly head occasionally… typically on a dogleg left! I'm self-taught, as I've never had a golf lesson. Other than some guy at a beat up driving range showing me an interlock grip when I was 16.

I'm the guy with a couple of medium sized plastic containers full of balls. So, sometimes I'll use three different (or more) types of balls during a round because I'll just tee up what I grab out of my pocket 1st. I don't spray it that much; I used literally two balls in my last golf league (8 weeks long) so I don't lose them often… well… not too often! When I'm playing for “real”, i.e. a tournament, with important clients, trying to shoot a score, I'm a Pro-V1x guy. I like the slightly harder ball with less spin off the driver. My driver swing speed was last measured at 110mph, but that was at a golf show in the middle of winter with no warmup. So right now I'd say 95-120 depending on how I'm feeling… and yes, I realize that's a huge range.

I've been golfing for 15 seasons now, with a couple of those years being of the 4 to 5 rounds a year category. It's helped that I've lived in California for 3 of those years, and even spent a fall in Switzerland (have never replicated that number of rounds in the same time since)….! I really came to golf after my high level team sports career started to fade. That and I needed to play semi decent to be able to be included in the occasional outing for work. I love sports and when I'm learning something I immerse myself in it. In golf's case, I really haven't left the immersion stage! Being an engineer and a tinker/maker before it became “hip”, as well as a design junkie, I'm a gear head. I can appreciate what a Scotty Cameron did and has done, and can at least cut through some of the marketing by some big brands (a minor in Engineering Physics will do that).  More importantly, I know what I like, know what I don't, but can still appreciate it.

My bag might defy my gear head label, as it consists of a:

·         Driver:  9* Tricept PFT by Maltby, UST Mamiya VTS Proforce 7x

·         3-Wood:15* VX Turbine by CER, UST Mamiya VTS Proforce 7x

·         Hybrid: 21* Sweet Spot Golf 3-Hybrid, Grafalloy Prolaunch Red

·         Irons: Snake Eyes 685x Forged, 3-PW, KBS Tour Shafts

·         Sand Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54*, True Temper Dynamic Gold

·         Lob Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 v2.0 60*, True Temper Dynamic Gold

·         Putter: Piretti Cortino Tour Black, 36”

This set I assembled to be my “travel” set, you know the set that if the airline bangs around or loses, I wouldn't be too broken up about it. Well, I haven't gotten my “good” set yet, so for the past 3 years or so it's been my only set! I did spring for decent shafts, which if I'm not swinging optimally may not be a help to my scoring average! Oh well.  And yes, I bought the pieces from Golfsmith and assembled them myself. It's going to interesting to see when I get fit for my “good set” (yes, I've been eying the AP-2  716's…) to see if my lie angles and stuff are right!

I've played all over North America and Europe; I guess the result of having lived in 11 places since 2007. I'm currently spending time between San Francisco and the NYC/Boston corridor along the Connecticut shoreline, so I'm able to play seaside courses on the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans! Not too shabby…

Finally, when it comes to the balls themselves, and Snell in particular I didn't really know much of anything about them. It did make me take note that they are a New England company from the literal back yard of Titleist. While I'm a Titleist “guy” I've used balls from big guys like Taylor Made (The Lethal ball was the best wind ball I've ever used), as well as smaller guys like Dixon and 3UP. And yes, I can probably find a couple of rocks…er… Top Flights in my collection too… So, I'm doing this sight unseen as I've never seen a Snell ball before. So it should be interesting!

Take care, thanks for reading, and I look forward to posting Stage Two!

Using a random assortment of generic stuff with last gen Golfsmith Snake Eyes forged irons. 

Reserved - Stage 1

First I would like to thank MGS and Snell for this wonderful opportunity - a million thanks - thousand dank! KIMG0018.jpg

I have been playing this wonderful game for as long as I can remember, from when my dad and Bapa would take my brother and I out with them to let the ladies relax at Nana's house. I actually still have the cut down 3-wood (yes, wood) that was handed down from my brother. Fond memories of days spent with my dad, Bapa, brother, and occasionally an uncle or two are what kept me playing the game even when it wasn't cool, or I couldn't seem to hit the ball at all - I still remember a shot from the rough into the green at the course in Wilmar - it landed short of the green and rolled straight through. When I caught up, my dad and uncle asked me what club I used, I shrugged and said "five iron". Dad's jaw dropped when he said "jeez. you hit it about 200 yards." Uncle David gave him a pat on the back. I was 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdt5iU7QJfQ

Currently I play to about a 20 handicap, but my main problem seems to be a lack of consistency. When I go out to play without a thought in my head, I can sniff 80. When I can't seem to shut my head up, I have shot worse than my sweet 72 year old mother does over a weekend. On a course she's never played before. Maybe this is why I talk to myself throughout the round.

I would like to say I play a bit of a power game, being half German and trying to one up my Pa, but that would be a bit misleading. I have some juice, it's true, but I often end up putting my ball short of where I think it should be, and then go looking for that magical 7 iron into the green from 180 yards. As such, I should state that I carry a driver (up until recently an Adams 9064ls 9.5 degree that i loved, but would still hit too high at times until I cracked the face on what I'm sure was the best swing of my life), a 3 wood (either a Callaway Xhot 3deep or a TM RBZ2, depending on how bad my hook is...), an Adams 17 degree Super LS hybrid, an Adams 23 degree XTD Ti hybrid, Wilson Staff Ci7 irons (4[occasionally]-GW {but the GW is out in favor of my wedges}), and very importantly Adams 52,56, and 60 degree wedges - the 60 is my Swiss army knife. I putt with a Wilson Staff Infinite series Southside putter, but am always looking for the Holy Grail, so to speak.

Generally, I use tour-type balls, and believe it's important to use the same ball throughout the round, unless it's one of those days, but I did have a lot of fun with the Wilson Staff DUO, and liked the Lady Precepts I played early this spring. I usually go for the "X" model if available, as I have a tendency to hit the ball too high off the longer clubs, and I can generate plenty of short game spin when needed. The things I look for in a ball are simple; low spin and lower flight off the woods, a medium trajectory with medium(?) spin from the longer irons, high flight with a little bit of roll from the mid-short irons, and high, spinny flight off the wedges. Easy, right? Did I mention I don't like paying $4 per ball?

While I normally use urethane covered tour balls, V1x being the standard I measure against, I have found a couple the are, at least, intriguing the aforementioned DUO was really fun to play with - long, and with adjustments, doable close in. The Nike (gasp!) RZN Black I felt really good about, with a ton of distance, and spin right about where I like it. B330RX is also long, also spinny, and seems to be a tiny bit straighter. Not enough data on the DUO-U yet, but looks promising.

I can see those choices are all over the map, but one thing sticks out: it's either feathers or quills. I have recently been on the softer ball bandwagon, but I like the feel of a harder ball, also, and I think I know which part of the ball IS the hard part- core, mantle, cover, etc.

I haven't mentioned putting. Here i prefer a ball that is just softer than hard. The DUO is fun, but I couldn't make the adjustment, and so my results were inconsistent (this is really a case of the indian, not the arrow), with the V1x, I can "feel" the distance, and put the right stroke on the ball, and that quality is one I hope to find in any new ball. KIMG0016.jpg

Initial thoughts on the Snell Get Sum ball? KIMG0019.jpg After putting on the carpet and hitting into the net? Hard. Heavy. On the course? Data is still incoming (duck!) but I can say so far that this ball is long. Like 1/2 to 1 full club longer than I'm used to, and that doesn't account for roll. my 155 yard 8 iron flew 165, then rolled off the back of the green. My driver shots rolled out almost 30 yards farther than usual. But that hard, heavy feel was gone, replaced with a pleasing, solid impact, and a high, really high, flight.

As I continue with this review, I'm sure other insights will arise, and I of course will share them here. I do think that many of you readers should be interested, as this ball is faring very well so far, especially at this price point. A ball that is long, straight and cheap? Do the math, friends...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Reserved - Stage 2

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

So...I was “chosen” (which, in my mind, sounded something like the intro to ‘The Simpsons;' the clouds part, the heavenly choir sings, and my name appears on the horizon) to review the Snell Get Sum ball. I was more than excited.  

For one, there is no telling how many reviews I've applied for, so just the opportunity to review anything is an honor. Second, I normally play the Bridgestone B330S or E5, for three reasons: One, they're made in the good ol' US of A, which I like.  Two, they're cheaper than Pro V's - if you're like me, you find a ton of Pro V1's, but refuse to pay for them. Three, I ain't the world's greatest ball striker, which means I constantly miss greens, which means I'm chipping and pitching a lot, so I need all the help hopping and spinning and stopping I can get, which both balls offer with their urethane cover. So an opportunity to test/play a surlyn ball at the price point Snell is offering ($86.50 for six dozen!? Yes please!) that advertises passable green side control is too much to pass up.  I'm willing to sacrifice a tiny bit of spin for the price.  The biggest reason I really want to like this ball? IT SAYS GET SUM ON IT! Who doesn't want to play a ball that says GET SUM on it? Add the fact that you're more than likely playing a ball your friends have never heard of (we all know golfers love feeling like special snowflakes) and it's a win win. 

So yes, I do want to like this ball.  A lot.  My only fear is...I won't.  Mostly due to the surlyn cover.  Can it check off the green? Can it spin from 40-100 yards out?  Is it going to work for me?  These are my worries.  Based off the reviews and data MyGolfSpy has provided about Snell, and scouring their site, I believe Dean Snell is making a great product at a great price.  I like everything, literally everything, about his business model.  Golf products as a whole are insanely overpriced, so I am very appreciative of anyone that wants to help the consumer out.  Even if the Snell Get Sum doesn't work out for me, I am very likely to purchase a box of the Snell My Tour Ball to demo.

Here's some pics of the balls and what came in the mail with them (thanks for the hat Snell Golf!) - again, the GET SUM stands out.  I love it.  

Snell Box _ Hat.jpg

Snell Sleeve.jpg

Snell Sleeve _ Balls.jpg

Snell Sleeve _ Balls _ Back.jpg

Snell Sleeve _ Balls Get Sum.jpg

My wife gave me a glare after I repeated it over and over again.  She didn't find it funny when I leapt from behind the couch, Snell ball in hand, screaming GET SUM...but I did.  I've heard complaints about the logo while looking at other reviews for this ball, that it's garish, too plain, but I disagree.  It's simple, classic, doesn't take up too much space.  I like the Snell logo fine, and I like the simplicity of the packaging.  No glossy, look at me nonsense, very utilitarian, which I like.  The logo itself is offset with the double, italic, Taylormade style numbers, with a 00 and 99 included.  I've never bought more than a box of Taylormade balls of any type, due to my love for Bridgestone, but I've always loved the italic red numbers.  They stand out and provide a break from the sameness you see on every other golf ball out there.  So between GET SUM (always capitalized) and the numbers, this ball has great aesthetic appeal.  

My only concern with this ball, besides the surlyn, is Snell's shipping process.  They use FedEx Smartpost, which might work well everywhere else, but it takes forever to ship to Nowhere (Tarzan), West Texas.  I received a notification stating the balls had shipped on 6/3 and they arrived on 6/14. I suppose it is what it is, but if I order these regularly I'd like them to arrive a little quicker.  At this point I've played one round with them and chipped a little bit.  Distance off the tee is great, they're solid off the irons, and they seem to be doing alright around the green.  I'll have more information for Stage 2, and plan to follow Dean Snell's Ball Fitting Philosophy in conjunction with MGS' testing/review template.      

For Stage 1 I'm going to follow the MGS template, providing the information asked for.  If you've made it this far, you can already tell I'll provide too much.  So here we go.  My handicap fluctuates between 12-17, depending on how often I remember to turn in cards, the time of year, the phase of the moon, and my wife's mood.  In the same fashion, my average score can be anywhere between 85-95...or 98 if I drive five hours to play with my father-in-law.  My strengths are my driver and my short game; I'm a happy man if I'm holding anything from 8 iron to 60* wedge in my hands.  My putting isn't horrible either.  My game's biggest weaknesses are my fairway wood, hybrid, and 4 iron: I can't hit those things to save my life.  I'll pure them every now and then, but there's just no consistency with them.  Drives me insane.  

My typical ball flight is a high fade, typical miss is a duck hook or block, depending on my tempo...which is almost always quick.  My current ball is a Bridgestone B330S or E5, depending on budget when I swing by the golf store.  Driver swing speed can be anywhere between 105-110.  Yes, I know more variables.  I'm sure y'all can relate.  Here's a video of my swing, please feel free to mock me mercilessly.  And yes, my hat is awesome.  

I love the game for so many reasons…I feel like I should insert a clip from Bagger Vance or Tin Cup here.  It's the most humbling, exhilarating, frustrating, exciting game I've ever played.  My wife and daughter play with me on occasion, I play with my father-in-law, I play with whoever's at the tee when I roll up, and yes, I play with myself.  I love this stupid game for so many reasons, but the biggest reason is because at the end of the day it's me on a beautiful piece of land, a ball, a stupid stick, and the desire to get that thing in the hole by any means necessary.  I've played on and off since I was 12, when my aunt took me to a week long golf camp at Pecan Valley in Fort Worth, and I'm 36 now, so however long that is...but I did have to give the game up for about five years between 29-33. We had a daughter, budget was tight, and it was either golf or my marriage (see the club "collector" bit later...I had an addiction).  I chose wisely.  I'm a recreational golfer at best, maybe 8 rounds a month if I'm lucky.    

I used to be a massive club "collector", but I've finally settled in with a set I'm comfortable with.  When I gave it up, I got rid of a mixed set, Mizuno MP60 3-6 and MP32 7-PW irons (god I miss those clubs), Callaway X Forged wedges, 52, 56, and 60.  I hung onto my Cobra HS9X driver, Callaway X Hot Tour 3 wood, my Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport that took a trip to the custom shop, and my Ogio Grom stand bag.  The driver hasn't met its match on a launch monitor yet, the 3 wood and putter are only leaving if I'm chosen to review something else, and Ogio makes the best bag in the business.  I play Scor 4161 Wedges in 52 and 57, currently fighting the temptation to buy 50/54/60 in Scor (PGA Superstore has a great deal on them) or Hogan.  I love these wedges.  Extremely versatile, no bounce or marketing nonsense, feel great on full and half swings alike.  When I had to replace my irons, I found a pristine set of Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity irons, 4-PW, with TT DGS300 shafts in them.  I love them and again, they'll stick around (with a shaft change soon...need new shafts badly) unless I'm chosen to review some irons...or I save enough money to buy a set of the new Hogans.  My first set of clubs were Hogans, my grandfather knew the man, I grew up in Fort Worth...I need them Hogans!  So no, I don't like change.  I find what works and stick with it, and I'm on a budget.  So I play with what I got, while reading MGS longingly.  I play in West Texas or North Texas, so I'm constantly battling the wind or the humidity.  

And that's me in 5,000 words or more.  Don't worry, I forgive you if you didn't make it this far.  It's why I put the information about the product I'm reviewing at the top.  Thanks to MGS for the opportunity to review the Snell Get Sum ball! Stay tuned for Stage 2 in the next week...

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Snell Get Sum Review Stage 2

Snell Get Sum Official MGS Forum Review by Justin H

Snell Get Sum Wedge Address Color.jpg

Finally...it's time for Stage 2 of my Snell Get Sum Review.  Before I begin, I would like to apologize to MGS and the forum members for the delay from receiving my test product to delivering the final review.  In my defense, in the time span since I was initially selected to review the ball I moved twice (500 miles across the state the second time...living on a course!), finished my previous job while working away from my family, started a new job, and, finally, wrapped up my bachelor's degree with my final class last weekend.  The degree was a long time coming, and it's completion has freed me up to finish this review while enjoying the golf course life.

That said, I truly enjoyed the process and look forward to the opportunity to review other products in the future.  In the meantime I love the interaction and information that comes with being a MGS Forum Member.  So as Foz stated previously, let's...Get Sum Stage 2!

Player Intro

My bag is an assortment of whatever I have taken a liking to (that was found in the used section at PGA Superstore or on Ebay) at the moment.  Currently it contains: 

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 X
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport, SS Flatso 2.0
Ball:  Bridgestone B330/Bridgestone E6 or Nike RZN Black

It's not the most glamourous bag in the world, but it gets the job done.  I had been playing the B330S until I went in for a ball fitting; the fitter revealed to me that the extra spin that I thought was so crucial around the green was killing me off the tee and on longer approaches.  My ‘power fade' would quickly turn into a slice if I got too quick, and the B330S wasn't helping.  I am now vacillating back and forth between the B300/E6 and RZN Black.  As the Nike balls continue to reduce in price I plan on stockpiling them.  I swore off Nike balls way back in the days of the original ONE, but I have quickly fallen in love with the RZN Black.  Great distance and feel all around, does what I need it to around the green. 

As far as my playing style, I play the ball left to right unless I'm hitting it low.  I draw it very seldom and with gritted teeth.  I like to think I have decent length all the way around, my short game is strong, and three putting is not a usual occurrence for me.  I also have no problem getting it up; I hit the ball pretty high, which is why I was fitted into the Kai'li shaft.  Still wish I'd gone with the 80…

I did not mention my iron play for a reason.  I can walk off the 18th green with a 80-83 one day and a 100-102 the next, mostly due to my iron game.  My tempo has not been consistent at all recently which has led to subpar iron play, along with an awkward topped ball every now and then.  I wish there was a golf ball that helped with tempo.  So I'm looking for a ball that will provide manageable spin off the tee while allowing me to check up pitches, chips, and flops as needed. 

Performance

Performance on the Course

• Distance -  The Snell Get Sum provided adequate distance off the tee and then some.  While my data is not empirical at all, I believe it traveled a good 5-8 yards further on average than my usual gamers, the Bridgestone B330 or E6.  â€˜Responsive' can be a very subjective notion...that said, it did feel like it ‘jumped' off the clubface.

As far as how it compares to my gamer, this is going to be a bit of a touchy subject throughout the review.  Here is the chart Dean Snell has on his site:  

Snell_ComparisonChart.jpg

My point is that Mr. Snell himself states the Get Sum is not necessarily ‘equivalent' to the B330 or E6.  So I tried to keep that in mind when comparing it to my gamer.  THAT SAID...the Get Sum far exceeded my expectations, especially when you take the price and reputation of the designer into consideration.  When all that is taken into account, the Get Sum compares favorably to my gamer.   

• Consistency -  â€˜Was the ball flight consistent' is like asking what I shot on a given day.  Yes, the ball flight was consistent as long I wasn't hitting it fat, thin, skulling it, swinging too fast, too slow, or thinking about what I want for dinner.  The same can be said for chipping.  It performed well around the green, especially considering the cover is surlyn rather than urethane. It didn't necessarily stop and check on a dime, but it didn't roll out too much either.  
  • Feel - The ball felt great off the driver and irons. The click was audible and satisfying rather than harsh off the irons, and while not B330 smooth off the driver, it didn't feel like a Pinnacle or Top Flite. It felt just as good off the putter face.  Again, the click was pleasing rather than harsh.  
  • Carry vs. Roll - Again, this is very subjective. I have a very high ball flight as it is, so I was very pleased that the Get Sum almost seemed to compensate for that.  The words ‘piercing' and ‘ball flight' don't often collide in the same sentence when I'm striking a golf ball, but the Get Sum did allow for a much moderate ball flight.  The course I play is heavily wooded, so I prefer the stop and roll.  The less time on the ground the less I have to dig through brush and pine straw looking for my ball.  

Course Score:  48 (2 points unfairly docked for it not being a ‘tour ball.' Not it's fault, but still…)

Performance Notes:  I'm going to forego a few of the bullets from the review template here due to most of them pertaining to accessories and the like.  Instead, I'd like to interject with Dean Snell's Golf Ball Fitting Philosophy.  Please follow the link; when I was chosen to review the Get Sum, the first thing I did was check out Snell's site, and I was pleased to find a wealth of information from a man that had designed a ton of top tier golf balls.  His fitting philosophy played a big role in my review of the golf ball.  

So first, the putting green.  I did not follow John Daly's lead, though I wanted to.  Instead I bounced the Get Sum off the putter face, followed by the B330 and E6.  The ball was reasonably soft compared to the urethane B330, and just as soft if not softer than the E6.  As Mr. Snell says, “Today, there are a lot of 2-pc balls that are actually made softer than tour balls.”  I believe the Get Sum is one of those balls. 

The recovery zone, inside 40 yards, was the biggest testing area for me.  I'm not exceedingly long, but long enough, and I often find myself in this area on short par 4's or after an almost there 2nd shot on a par 5.  I spent a lot of time dropping Get Sum after Get Sum between 20-40 yards, hitting chips and pitches.  I was very pleased with the results.  When I was able to replicate shots reliably, the ball stopped in place when flopped, checked and stopped reasonably when chipped, and rolled out as desired when pitched.  The Get Sum exceeded my expectations in the recovery zone.  

The Snell Get Sum also performed well inside the scoring zone, 100 yards and in.  Again, as Mr. Snell stated, “As a general rule, if the ball is settling near the pitch mark (and not running out), it is a good fit.”  The Get Sum did exactly that.  It didn't run out near as much as I expected a $20 surlyn ball to, if not better.  It actually performed better than my E6 and almost as well as my B330.  So far the Get Sum seems to be a pretty good fit.  

What about approach shots, inside 165 yards?  Here is where the Get Sum really shines.  I don't claim to be an expert in the realm of golf balls, but I have to assume it was the surlyn versus the urethane of my B330 that allowed the Get Sum to travel at the highest peak trajectory longer than the ‘tour level' Bridgestone.  When dropping 10 of each ball, I felt that the Get Sum flew farther than the B330 or E6, and more reliably.  

Finally, off the tee:  I really appreciate and agree with Mr. Snell's stance here.  I'm not going to divulge his statements - check out the link!  

Subjective

Looks & Durability
  • The appearance of the ball and the graphics/packaging is more than adequate, especially when the price point is taken into consideration.  One of my biggest complaints of purchasing a ‘tour ball' is the glossy packaging; it makes me feel like 10% of the purchase price went towards packaging.  I appreciate Snell's flat/matte packaging and the graphics that are pleasing to the eye without being obnoxious.  
  • I was able to keep a Get Sum in play over 23 holes at one point (don't worry about how quickly I was able to lose one).  Over the duration of those holes the ball was just as durable, if not more so, than an E6 or similar surlyn covered ball.  The usual scuffs and marks showed up from wedge and bunker shots, or bounces on the cart path, but nothing unexpected.  All told I was very pleased with the ball's durability. 
  • The unique aspect of the Get Sum, and how it compares to other balls (beyond being round and white, of course) is the name on the ball.  I said something about this in my Stage 1 review, too: I absolutely love the name of the ball!  It's silly and childish, I know, but aren't we all?  It's fun to look down at the GET SUM name on the ball.  It adds a bit of levity to the game while providing a constant reminder that it's okay to grip it and rip it.  After all, I didn't come out here to lay up.  I like the understated Snell logo (some other posters in this thread have stated the logo used to be obtrusive and annoying; if so, they've done a great job toning it down) and the fonts used on the ball.  I also LOVE the numbering system; one of my favorite aspects of the Taylormade balls is the double numbers in italics. I know it's a simple addition, but I truly enjoy them.  I usually mark my balls with a red dot on the number, but on the Get Sum (and Taylormades) I choose to mark a red dot beside the numbers.  That's how much I like them.  Besides the name, numbers, font, and logo on the ball, the dimples aren't as attractive as Bridgestone or Callaway's (I'm a fan of the more pronounced dimples; for some reason it makes me feel like I'm playing a better ball), but they get the job done. In all, the ball looks great. 
IMG_20161121_224915.jpg 

IMG_20161121_225014.jpg

Looks Score: 15 (see above - love the GET SUM name and font)

Sound and Feel
  • The sound of the Get Sum is great.  I love the firm click it gives off the clubface.  I love playing a B330 or similar urethane covered ball, but my only complaint about them is the sound isn't always very distinct.  A tour ball can almost be too soft off the clubface at times.  I enjoyed the sound and feel of the Get Sum.  
  • Due to the statements above I believe the Get Sum did impact my performance positively.  It allowed me the feedback I prefer to hear from a club strike.  I immediately knew if I had pured an iron or caught it fat or thin...and yes, the ugly divot and cussing were also good signals too. 
  • Again, the sound caused me to react positively.  I enjoyed the sound and feel of the Get Sum all the way around.  

Sound and Feel Score: 15 (I truly enjoy the sound and feel of the Get Sum)

Likelihood of Purchase:  What is the likelihood I purchase the Snell Get Sum?  100% likely.  My wife is ordering me a six pack of the Get Sum in yellow as an early Christmas present.  This ball will be my winter ball (I live in Texas; there is no offseason), and I am likely to play it some at the start of the season.  Once the weather warms up I will probably purchase a Snell MTB or the Kirkland Signature, if they ever get back in stock.  Until then, this surlyn covered wonder will suit me fine.  
  • Why am I 100% invested in the Get Sum, so much so that I'm ordering six dozen of them?  It's a combination of price and performance.  You can't beat a ball that is just as good or better than the Bridgestone E6 for half the price; $86.50 for six dozen comes out to roughly $14.50 a dozen.  There's just no contest.  Again, I will likely return to a urethane covered ball as the club championship nears, but for everyday hacking, you just can't beat the double whammy of price and performance.  
LOP Score: 20 (definitely purchasing this ball.  Mr. Snell has produced a great surlyn covered golf ball)

Subjective Notes:  Again, I just love the name of the ball.  I drove my wife crazy with it, and the innuendo it provides when playing allows for all kinds of bawdy humor, which is always essential on the golf course.  Great ball, especially for the price.  

Snell Sleeve.jpg

Conclusion & Final Score:  I truly love My Golf Spy and the job the staffers do to keep the average hack like myself informed. I consider myself a bit of an ambassador for the site, and I share it whenever I have the chance.  I played Sky Creek Ranch in Keller, TX the first time I went out with the Get Sum, walking on as a single.  I was paired with a guy in his early 20's that was just smashing the ball, but he was hitting it all over the place.  After he gave up looking for his third ball he complained about paying $45/dozen for balls he was just going to lose.  He was playing the Pro V1, of course.  

So I pulled a sleeve of the Snell Get Sum out of my bag and told him to play them for the remainder of the round (preferably not off the tee, though).  He swapped them in with his other balls from 6-18 and had a blast.  They seemed to go a little further for him off the irons and were serviceable around the greens.  When he did lose one on an errant tee shot I told him not to worry about it - the balls were sent to review, I wanted his opinion, and besides, they're $14.50/dozen if you buy six.  After the round we had a beer in the clubhouse, and I had the privilege of asking the question, “Have you met my online golf equipment lord and savior, My Golf Spy?”  I then went about the business of sharing the gospel with the guy, told him how I ended up with the Get Sum, that I planned on ordering some, and how he should sign up for a forum account and take part in the #datacratic revolution.  

So the opportunity to review the Snell Get Sum not only turned me on to a great new ball at a great new price that will become my regular gamer in lieu of spending the extra money on the Snell MTB (based off reviews I've seen of it and my experience with the Get Sum, why wouldn't I purchase from the same company?), it also gave me the chance to share MGS with a fellow hacker.  It just doesn't get better than than.  Thanks again to My Golf Spy and Snell Golf for the opportunity to review a great product.  

And yes, every time I crush a drive after teeing up a Get Sum I walk off the tee whispering “Get Sum” under my breath.  Don't judge me.  

Snell Sleeve & Balls Get Sum.jpg

Total Score:  98.  The only reason I didn't give this ball a total score of 100 was due to the fact that it is not a urethane covered ‘tour ball.' A little unfair, I know, comparing apples to oranges, but that's the only reason this ball won't be my 100% gamer. Besides the surlyn, this is a great product, especially for the price. Even though Snell doesn't say so directly, it's worthy of comparisons to the Bridgestone E6 or similar ‘top tier' surlyn covered ball.  Go Get you Sum.  

Snell Get Sum Wedge Address BW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Let's get this party started!!!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yes, Let's.........I like this ball.....Let's all Get Sum!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Stage 1 should be up tomorrow evening, spoiler alert - I've had to make adjustments....

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

I played this ball last winter and liked it.  I just received my summer supply of MTB and  2 boxes of Snell Yellow Get Sum ball to try out.  I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews and I will interject as appropriate on the yellow Get Sum, if that's OK.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yes, Let's.........I like this ball.....Let's all Get Sum!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Just out of curiosity, Foz, are you playing Get Sum or MTB at the moment?

Justin, the logo on the balls look much better than they used to. For me personally they were too in your face. Thick and clunky.

I haven't tried the GS balls but several guys around here like them. I have a feeling that if I played one I'd probably think it is similar to a Lady Bridgestone. Which by the way are great feeling balls and they have a surlyn cover. I have played the MTB many times I think it's a great "tour" caliper ball. I still have a dozen in my ball inventory.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Justin, the logo on the balls look much better than they used to. For me personally they were too in your face. Thick and clunky.

I haven't tried the GS balls but several guys around here like them. I have a feeling that if I played one I'd probably think it is similar to a Lady Bridgestone. Which by the way are great feeling balls and they have a surlyn cover. I have played the MTB many times I think it's a great "tour" caliper ball. I still have a dozen in my ball inventory.

I played the Lady Bridgestone as my winter ball a couple of years ago and it's a good ball.  Up here in the winter, it really doesn't matter what ball you use; the ball doesn't stop on the greens very well anyway.  Last fall I ordered the Get Sum since I was playing the MTB and liked it.  I was happy that Snell came out with the Optic Yellow since I played the yellow Lady Bridgestone.  It's much easier to see on the cold gray winter days.  I'll be giving the yellow Get Sum a try in the next week or so, just to get the feel of it again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Justin, the logo on the balls look much better than they used to. For me personally they were too in your face. Thick and clunky.

I haven't tried the GS balls but several guys around here like them. I have a feeling that if I played one I'd probably think it is similar to a Lady Bridgestone. Which by the way are great feeling balls and they have a surlyn cover. I have played the MTB many times I think it's a great "tour" caliper ball. I still have a dozen in my ball inventory.

That explains all the hate about the old logo I've seen around the web. I never saw the old logo, but they've definitely improved it!

So far so good with the surlyn cover. I'll update in my stage two post, but I think I've found a new ball!

I played 9 holes with the new yellow Get Sum and in the sunlight it is definitely bright.  I think it will be great on a cloudy day.  Good distance and I was surprised by the amount of spin around the green. Nice.

I played 9 holes with the new yellow Get Sum and in the sunlight it is definitely bright. I think it will be great on a cloudy day. Good distance and I was surprised by the amount of spin around the green. Nice.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of spin I'm getting around the green and the distance is great. It's looking like this ball may be here to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of Stage 1's are up gang!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 2 weeks later...

My wife only plays yellow Srixon Z-Stars.  She's tried lots of different brands; most are "too hard" or "don't go very far".  She normally hits the ball fairly straight.  Today she only missed two fairways; however, on the par 5 9th, she put her third shot in the water by the green.  On #10 I asked her if she had played the yellow Get Sum that I gave her a week ago.  She said no, and took it out of her bag.  She hit the Snell in the fairway further than she had ever hit a ball on that hole, and she said that she hardly felt it.  #11 in the opposite direction... same thing.  She has found a new ball.  Of course the benefit for me is that the Snell Get Sum is half the price of the Z-Star!  I ordered a couple dozen of the yellow Get Sum balls to try out for winter golf; I guess I will have to order more.

My wife only plays yellow Srixon Z-Stars. She's tried lots of different brands; most are "too hard" or "don't go very far". She normally hits the ball fairly straight. Today she only missed two fairways; however, on the par 5 9th, she put her third shot in the water by the green. On #10 I asked her if she had played the yellow Get Sum that I gave her a week ago. She said no, and took it out of her bag. She hit the Snell in the fairway further than she had ever hit a ball on that hole, and she said that she hardly felt it. #11 in the opposite direction... same thing. She has found a new ball. Of course the benefit for me is that the Snell Get Sum is half the price of the Z-Star! I ordered a couple dozen of the yellow Get Sum balls to try out for winter golf; I guess I will have to order more.

That's not a bad idea Kenny. My wife crushes it, but needs to work on her short game, so why not get her a ball that plays to her strengths and doesn't hurt her elsewhere? Because I agree, the Get Sum is great distance wise.

I've been buying her Lady Bridgestones, and it hadn't even dawned on me to buy her the Get Sum. Once I get Stage 2 up, and I get done with the busiest part of my summer, I'm planning on ordering six dozen. I'll have to give her a box or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, I know it's been a long time, but between work, family emergencies, and weddings (2) I'm almost done with my review. Should be up by next week, just want to get back on the launch monitor one more time and maybe squeeze in another round to finalize my thoughts... data!

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

So...I was “chosen” (which, in my mind, sounded something like the intro to ‘The Simpsons;' the clouds part, the heavenly choir sings, and my name appears on the horizon) to review the Snell Get Sum ball. I was more than excited.  

For one, there is no telling how many reviews I've applied for, so just the opportunity to review anything is an honor. Second, I normally play the Bridgestone B330S or E5, for three reasons: One, they're made in the good ol' US of A, which I like.  Two, they're cheaper than Pro V's - if you're like me, you find a ton of Pro V1's, but refuse to pay for them. Three, I ain't the world's greatest ball striker, which means I constantly miss greens, which means I'm chipping and pitching a lot, so I need all the help hopping and spinning and stopping I can get, which both balls offer with their urethane cover. So an opportunity to test/play a surlyn ball at the price point Snell is offering ($86.50 for six dozen!? Yes please!) that advertises passable green side control is too much to pass up.  I'm willing to sacrifice a tiny bit of spin for the price.  The biggest reason I really want to like this ball? IT SAYS GET SUM ON IT! Who doesn't want to play a ball that says GET SUM on it? Add the fact that you're more than likely playing a ball your friends have never heard of (we all know golfers love feeling like special snowflakes) and it's a win win. 

So yes, I do want to like this ball.  A lot.  My only fear is...I won't.  Mostly due to the surlyn cover.  Can it check off the green? Can it spin from 40-100 yards out?  Is it going to work for me?  These are my worries.  Based off the reviews and data MyGolfSpy has provided about Snell, and scouring their site, I believe Dean Snell is making a great product at a great price.  I like everything, literally everything, about his business model.  Golf products as a whole are insanely overpriced, so I am very appreciative of anyone that wants to help the consumer out.  Even if the Snell Get Sum doesn't work out for me, I am very likely to purchase a box of the Snell My Tour Ball to demo.

Here's some pics of the balls and what came in the mail with them (thanks for the hat Snell Golf!) - again, the GET SUM stands out.  I love it.  

My wife gave me a glare after I repeated it over and over again.  She didn't find it funny when I leapt from behind the couch, Snell ball in hand, screaming GET SUM...but I did.  I've heard complaints about the logo while looking at other reviews for this ball, that it's garish, too plain, but I disagree.  It's simple, classic, doesn't take up too much space.  I like the Snell logo fine, and I like the simplicity of the packaging.  No glossy, look at me nonsense, very utilitarian, which I like.  The logo itself is offset with the double, italic, Taylormade style numbers, with a 00 and 99 included.  I've never bought more than a box of Taylormade balls of any type, due to my love for Bridgestone, but I've always loved the italic red numbers.  They stand out and provide a break from the sameness you see on every other golf ball out there.  So between GET SUM (always capitalized) and the numbers, this ball has great aesthetic appeal.  

My only concern with this ball, besides the surlyn, is Snell's shipping process.  They use FedEx Smartpost, which might work well everywhere else, but it takes forever to ship to Nowhere (Tarzan), West Texas.  I received a notification stating the balls had shipped on 6/3 and they arrived on 6/14. I suppose it is what it is, but if I order these regularly I'd like them to arrive a little quicker.  At this point I've played one round with them and chipped a little bit.  Distance off the tee is great, they're solid off the irons, and they seem to be doing alright around the green.  I'll have more information for Stage 2, and plan to follow Dean Snell's Ball Fitting Philosophy in conjunction with MGS' testing/review template.      

For Stage 1 I'm going to follow the MGS template, providing the information asked for.  If you've made it this far, you can already tell I'll provide too much.  So here we go.  My handicap fluctuates between 12-17, depending on how often I remember to turn in cards, the time of year, the phase of the moon, and my wife's mood.  In the same fashion, my average score can be anywhere between 85-95...or 98 if I drive five hours to play with my father-in-law.  My strengths are my driver and my short game; I'm a happy man if I'm holding anything from 8 iron to 60* wedge in my hands.  My putting isn't horrible either.  My game's biggest weaknesses are my fairway wood, hybrid, and 4 iron: I can't hit those things to save my life.  I'll pure them every now and then, but there's just no consistency with them.  Drives me insane.  

My typical ball flight is a high fade, typical miss is a duck hook or block, depending on my tempo...which is almost always quick.  My current ball is a Bridgestone B330S or E5, depending on budget when I swing by the golf store.  Driver swing speed can be anywhere between 105-110.  Yes, I know more variables.  I'm sure y'all can relate.  Here's a video of my swing, please feel free to mock me mercilessly.  And yes, my hat is awesome.  

I love the game for so many reasons…I feel like I should insert a clip from Bagger Vance or Tin Cup here.  It's the most humbling, exhilarating, frustrating, exciting game I've ever played.  My wife and daughter play with me on occasion, I play with my father-in-law, I play with whoever's at the tee when I roll up, and yes, I play with myself.  I love this stupid game for so many reasons, but the biggest reason is because at the end of the day it's me on a beautiful piece of land, a ball, a stupid stick, and the desire to get that thing in the hole by any means necessary.  I've played on and off since I was 12, when my aunt took me to a week long golf camp at Pecan Valley in Fort Worth, and I'm 36 now, so however long that is...but I did have to give the game up for about five years between 29-33. We had a daughter, budget was tight, and it was either golf or my marriage (see the club "collector" bit later...I had an addiction).  I chose wisely.  I'm a recreational golfer at best, maybe 8 rounds a month if I'm lucky.    

I used to be a massive club "collector", but I've finally settled in with a set I'm comfortable with.  When I gave it up, I got rid of a mixed set, Mizuno MP60 3-6 and MP32 7-PW irons (god I miss those clubs), Callaway X Forged wedges, 52, 56, and 60.  I hung onto my Cobra HS9X driver, Callaway X Hot Tour 3 wood, my Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport that took a trip to the custom shop, and my Ogio Grom stand bag.  The driver hasn't met its match on a launch monitor yet, the 3 wood and putter are only leaving if I'm chosen to review something else, and Ogio makes the best bag in the business.  I play Scor 4161 Wedges in 52 and 57, currently fighting the temptation to buy 50/54/60 in Scor (PGA Superstore has a great deal on them) or Hogan.  I love these wedges.  Extremely versatile, no bounce or marketing nonsense, feel great on full and half swings alike.  When I had to replace my irons, I found a pristine set of Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity irons, 4-PW, with TT DGS300 shafts in them.  I love them and again, they'll stick around (with a shaft change soon...need new shafts badly) unless I'm chosen to review some irons...or I save enough money to buy a set of the new Hogans.  My first set of clubs were Hogans, my grandfather knew the man, I grew up in Fort Worth...I need them Hogans!  So no, I don't like change.  I find what works and stick with it, and I'm on a budget.  So I play with what I got, while reading MGS longingly.  I play in West Texas or North Texas, so I'm constantly battling the wind or the humidity.  

And that's me in 5,000 words or more.  Don't worry, I forgive you if you didn't make it this far.  It's why I put the information about the product I'm reviewing at the top.  Thanks to MGS for the opportunity to review the Snell Get Sum ball! Stay tuned for Stage 2 in the next week...

Great swing! Thanks for including it! Kind of sucks that it's hard for you to get FedEx shipments. But hopefully the ball is working out for you! 

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball 

Really excited to see the conclusion of this. I am playing Callaway Superhots right now and really enjoying the distance and lack of side spin. I think I might put in an order for the get sum's and compare. Thanks guys

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Hey Justin, nice initial write up.....btw, I noticed that your swing does not go back very far....do you have a back injury that prevents you from turning? Man but you seem to get really decent power on the swing.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey Justin, nice initial write up.....btw, I noticed that your swing does not go back very far....do you have a back injury that prevents you from turning? Man but you seem to get really decent power on the swing.

Agreed!  Good writeup.  However, when Justin finishes his swing, he needs to hold the finish and not move to the left, which means he will be looking for the Get Sum in the right trees!    B)

Thanks Foz! I'm wrapping up Stage 2, I should have it posted fairly soon. So far I love the ball.

I do have a couple bad discs, but more than that it's control. If I get anywhere in the vicinity of parallel I can't feel the clubhead at all...which I'm working on, cause a fuller turn would allow me a little more power. Right now, fully loose and full throttle, I get near 115-118 mph; curious what a fill turn would do for me.

Archived