Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Official Forum Member Review - Snell My Tour Ball

I played this ball for 3 rounds this weekend.i liked the ball,played well with it.but has anyone else found an issue putting with it? I ask that cause it just seemed like a very heavy ball to putt.i left my putts short for 3 rounds. Could never get a good feel with putter.

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered a dozen of the mtb and vice pro plus. Gave 2 sleeves away of the MTB, to some friends who in turn are ordering more from snell.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I ordered a dozen of the mtb and vice pro plus. Gave 2 sleeves away of the MTB, to some friends who in turn are ordering more from snell.

How does the MTB and the Vice Pro Plus compare to each other? Long time MTB user by the way.

TM Sim2 9* GD AD HD 6S

TM Sim Max 15* Tensei Blue 65S

TM M2 19* Fuji Pro 73S

PXG Gen3 0311P 4-W Elevate TourS

Vokey SM8 50*&54* SM7 58*
SC Phantom X 5

How does the MTB and the Vice Pro Plus compare to each other? Long time MTB user by the way.

I will update, the snells have not arrived yet. I'll let you know when I treat them side by side.

For what it's worth I ordered both on July fourth, vice shipped from Germany and arrived Friday 7/8, smell from Massachusetts and is set to arrive this Friday. Both shipped via fedex, vice had $6 shipping fee.

My Mixed-Bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some photos of the Snell MTB after 18 holes.  The used ball is on the left the new ball on the right.  I will play the used ball again this weekend and update hopefully what it looks like after 54 holes. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Great reviews guys, I just bought a box myself and I like it a lot. Coming from Titleist DT Solo's and TruSoft balls, I enjoyed playing with those balls because of the price and performance for my game. I wanted to upgrade my ball and tried the Pro V1 I liked it but not enough to justify the cost. The Snell balls are performing great so far and I get better distance with it versus any balls I've tried so far. They just made a believer out of me and I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Just bought a dozen to test them out. Thank for the great reviews

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is a snapshot of my experience with both. Of course your take may differ.

1. The Vice pro and pro plus are almost in tandem with the Pro V1 and Pro V1x as far as feel off the clubs is concerned.

2. Snell MTB felt "heavier" off the putter face and was more Muted in sound than the Vice Pro; only comparing the MTB to the Vice Pro as they are both 3 layer balls. Both are soft. 

3. The Snell and Vice pro are about the same distance of the tee with the Snell being softer by a slim margin of the driver. 

4. 150yds and in the Vice pro seemed to spin more than the snell, biting a bit more on half wedge/ and aggressive chips. They both had very similar launch profiles where the pro plus launched a bit higher and with less spin.

5. Durability wise the snell looked better after 18 than the Vice and the cover didn't discolor like the vice- almost like Pro V1s do. The vice seemed to scuff a bit easier- may be the reason why spin off the wedges was so good.

To be honest both are aggressively well priced and you should order a dozen to compare for your self  

My Mixed-Bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed reading this thread and the reviews.

As a ProV and Chrome Soft user, I'm very intrigued by all the favorable comparisons to the ProV

I'm pretty well stocked right now, so I don't need another 6 dozen balls. But I will be giving these a try at some point.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My impression of the MTB have been great so far. I really don't notice any performance differences between the ProV1 in terms of spin. It might even be longer. I have enough stock in balls to get me through this year, butI think I will make the switch to MTB for next season. 

• 1 month later...

Just a note, I finally posted my review of the Snell balls, and placed my order for more Snell balls last Friday.  I still have a dozen Titleist remaining from my spring purchase, but I got 2 dozen Snell MTB to continue my try-out through the fall and winter.  I fully expect to be ordering the value pack some spring!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Trying to use up some "other" balls this week at Hilton Head. So far I have removed 6 Maxfli U3's from my inventory. Only used an MTB on a couple holes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Trying to use up some "other" balls this week at Hilton Head. So far I have removed 6 Maxfli U3's from my inventory. Only used an MTB on a couple holes.

Nicely put Foz, I liquidate my inventory almost every time I play. Everything. Must. Go.

Working on it Chem, I really want to whittle it down to Snell only......but that will take some time......Lost a New Callaway HX Hot today.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

same here Foz. I am hoping to buy the 6-dozen next Spring. Just too many balls right now. Need to make the purchase a necessity. Luckily my favorite course to play is tight with tons of instant-lost-ball rescue off of the fairway.

I noticed that when I moved the seam from vertical to horizontal I've hit longer drives with more roll. It's a noticeable difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I noticed that when I moved the seam from vertical to horizontal I've hit longer drives with more roll. It's a noticeable difference.

I have to remember that on my next round, thanks for the tip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Being that the USGA has tested and approved the MTB, those results are simply coincidence.

As I mentioned in my text, I did head-to-head. No wind, with wind, against wind, all flat fairways, no elevation change. Multiple courses, over the course of two review sessions on the MTB, both on this site, and for Snell in general...

If it's "purely coincidence", then that is the most common "coincidence" I've ever measured over months, and months, and months, shot after shot, round after round...

Probably just the three dozen I used...

Oh well, feel free to test. Thanks for the reviews! MTB is a very good ball!

Well then you're suggesting that Snell is manufacturing an illegal ball even though they claim it's USGA approved.

Snell doesn't claim this, the ball is actually on the USGA approved list.

http://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

I remember the original Pro V1 reportedly had a slight bias this way, and that subsequent versions had to have the dimple pattern altered slightly to remove the bias.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Snell doesn't claim this, the ball is actually on the USGA approved list.

http://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

I remember the original Pro V1 reportedly had a slight bias this way, and that subsequent versions had to have the dimple pattern altered slightly to remove the bias.

Oh I know - I was just calling out how crazy it was to state that Snell might be doing something illegal

Haters gonna hate

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Oh I know - I was just calling out how crazy it was to state that Snell might be doing something illegal

Crazy.

Haters gonna hate.

None of this is accurate. I'm currently testing Snell for THEM, tested them here as well. The information I have regarding this difference was given to Snell and replied with, "Thank you! We will check into that."

They are my findings and no matter how Joe wants to claim they aren't true or illegal, he doesn't have the data I have and I'm definitely not scared to pass it on.

Titleist had to change their ball to not have a seam to take this reported benefit away. Snell still does have a seam. I was asked to report all findings; I have. Snell knows... So, let's stop acting like we know everything, and even everyone's motives. I never said they were illegal- Joe insinuated that. Not me.

Please go back and read my review done here on MGS last year. Nothing but truth and a glowing representation of the MTB.

People are allowed to report findings. Not done in a lab, not done with a Trackman, just using a GPS.

Anyway, be fully aware that I don't say anything on here to hide behind the internet. Feel free to DM me or call if you have my number... Thanks, Joe.

Good lord dude, relax.

The short of it is, if the seam on any ball is providing performance games, then it won't make it out of USGA testing.

The Snell MTB is on the USGA approved list, and therefore there is a 99.99% chance it is just a coincidence you are seeing longer drives when you "seam" the ball.

The short of it is, if the seam on any ball is providing performance games, then it won't make it out of USGA testing.

The Snell MTB is on the USGA approved list, and therefore there is a 99.99% chance it is just a coincidence you are seeing longer drives when you "seam" the ball.

I just want to make sure I understand.  As I remember, the Titleist ball performed slightly better when the seam was vertical, lined up along the target line.  PMookie, are you saying that you see an advantage when you line it up so the seam is parallel with the ground surface?  

I agree with jlukes, it seems unlikely that a ball could pass the USGA approval system if this was the case, especially since the issue came up with a "seamed" ball before.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Yep. Seems unlikely. That's why I sent my findings to Snell. Pretty cool that they were appreciative and can look into this more deeply, and with a TON more science than I ever could.

I agree, it would seem unlikely, and maybe my findings over two years are just chance. But, they are insignificant findings, in an uncontrolled trial setting, with a ball that has a seam that Titleist had to remove. Anyway, maybe others will try it out over time like I did for the past two years. Why not?

Enjoy testing the MTB! I did, and still do today!!!

• 1 month later...

I got some for christmas last year and I love them! They are great balls at a great price!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Archived