TESTERS WANTED! ×

Brainstorm Putters

levlaw

Does anyone have any experience with the Brainstorm Happy Putter?  As a tinkerer, it looks like a blast to be able to adjust loft and lie. I've read some good reviews but don't really trust reviews from Golf magazines who get paid to test equipment.  Would like feedback from actual users. Thanks.

From Brainstorm:

"Putting conditions change, Putting strokes change, now your putter can change also.  The Happy Putter allows golfers to custom fit themselves everytime they play.  Fast greens, slow greens, grainy greens, no problem.  Trying a new putter stance? No problem.  Frustrated because you are pulling or pushing your putts? We got that covered.  The Happy Putter features an aluminum face pressed against a poly urethane loft shim that provides the perfect balance of feel and feedback to optimize distance control.  The blue anodized finish is not only beautiful and unique, but also extremely durable.  The custom over-sized grip, which has a patent pending, feels great in your hands no matter what grip style you prefer.  With three different lie options, three different loft options, three different off set options, and three different sets of weights, rest assured knowing the putter you need will be in your bag, and while you may not have a tour representative providing advice on how to adjust your putter, you will have access to the free Happy Putter App, which will tell you how to adjust your putter for any conditions you come across.   

Golfers have been waiting a long time for the next big idea in putters, are you Happy now?  

: ) PUTT HAPPY"    

s-l1600.jpg

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

Miura K Wedges 52, 56, 60

PXG  Center Shafted

:travis-mathew-1: Golf Shirts (on me, not ITB!)

It seems like a good concept but my brain just can't get past the looks. If they made one that looked more like a Betti or Scotty I'd be all over it since I like to tinker with things like loft and lie.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Ive demoed one for about nine holes. Wasnt for me as Im a firm believer in the less moving parts the better. Also, for the price, there are several more enticing putter options.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Like the concept. but it appears they want to get paid for the R&D way too soon.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Like the concept. but it appears they want to get paid for the R&D way too soon.

Yeah, that's why I am trying to grab one on Ebay for less than $200.00.  Dick's is selling them for 229.00 with free shipping but I don't want to spend more than $175.00 if I don't have to.  Would be fund to tinker a bit and I could live with the hit if I don't like it.  I can always re-sell it on Ebay.

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

PXG  Center Shafted

We had a few of those sitting around the pro shop last year. I was told the rep came back by and picked them up.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

There is a complete overhaul of the design (and the price) scheduled to hit the shelves very soon.  I had a chance to see and roll the new Tour Series last week.  They look and putt about 1000 times better that the original IMO.  Same idea with the adjustable loft/lie/offset/weight, but the new Tour Series has interchangeable Alignment Guides.  (similar to what Callaway did with the iTrax putter about 10 years ago, only WAAAAY better.)

putter-4-500_2.png

The real hurdle that this company faces is the price point.  At $350, 99.95% of the golfing population will choose a Cameron instead. 

If you see one of these in your local shop, I would encourage you to pick it up and give it 10 min on the practice green...  You might be surprised.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

There is a complete overhaul of the design (and the price) scheduled to hit the shelves very soon.  I had a chance to see and roll the new Tour Series last week.  They look and putt about 1000 times better that the original IMO.  Same idea with the adjustable loft/lie/offset/weight, but the new Tour Series has interchangeable Alignment Guides.  (similar to what Callaway did with the iTrax putter about 10 years ago, only WAAAAY better.)

attachicon.gifputter-4-500_2.png

The real hurdle that this company faces is the price point.  At $350, 99.95% of the golfing population will choose a Cameron instead. 

If you see one of these in your local shop, I would encourage you to pick it up and give it 10 min on the practice green...  You might be surprised.  

The problem for me with the new Tour is that it is not a center shafted putter which is the style I prefer.

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

PXG  Center Shafted

i like the redesign, very nice, but $350??? The earlier model colors/design were terrible looking, but aesthetics play a huge role in putters and golf in general, it's the first impression that draws many people to their putter. I really appreciate the ability to tinker without having to actually bend things, but that's too high a price point for me. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

i like the redesign, very nice, but $350??? The earlier model colors/design were terrible looking, but aesthetics play a huge role in putters and golf in general, it's the first impression that draws many people to their putter. I really appreciate the ability to tinker without having to actually bend things, but that's too high a price point for me. 

I actually don't mind the blue and green colors of the original but I agree on the price.  They may price themselves out of the market.

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

PXG  Center Shafted

I actually don't mind the blue and green colors of the original but I agree on the price. They may price themselves out of the market.

The Dude Abides

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Abandoned the idea of the Brainstorm and decided to pick up a used Piretti Tour Only putter instead.  

s-l1600.jpg

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

PXG  Center Shafted

Yeah, that's why I am trying to grab one on Ebay for less than $200.00.  Dick's is selling them for 229.00 with free shipping but I don't want to spend more than $175.00 if I don't have to.  Would be fund to tinker a bit and I could live with the hit if I don't like it.  I can always re-sell it on Ebay.

PGA Superstore has them on clearance for $99, at least the one near my house did for a bit.  

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Abandoned the idea of the Brainstorm and decided to pick up a used Piretti Tour Only putter instead.  

s-l1600.jpg

nice!

PGA Superstore has them on clearance for $99, at least the one near my house did for a bit.  

I can get behind them at that price, if it works for you.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

LOL I think I still have one of those Cally iTrax alignment kits in a little box. One of the guys at work found it in the glove box of a junk car and knew it was Callaway and had to do with golf and gave it to me. To be honest I had to look it up on the net because I had no idea what it was. If anyone wants it or needs it FREE PM me and I will send to you. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

There is a complete overhaul of the design (and the price) scheduled to hit the shelves very soon. I had a chance to see and roll the new Tour Series last week. They look and putt about 1000 times better that the original IMO. Same idea with the adjustable loft/lie/offset/weight, but the new Tour Series has interchangeable Alignment Guides. (similar to what Callaway did with the iTrax putter about 10 years ago, only WAAAAY better.)

The real hurdle that this company faces is the price point. At $350, 99.95% of the golfing population will choose a Cameron instead.

If you see one of these in your local shop, I would encourage you to pick it up and give it 10 min on the practice green... You might be surprised.

I believe this is based of of the putter that Stacy Lewis is using?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Archived