GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Ben Hogan PTx Irons

Our Sponsors

Congrats to the chosen. Really wish I could've won this one

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I concur.

• Like 1

@undershooter I would have this discussion with my pro in Wisconsin. He was very old school and wanted me in a Player's iron. He'd say, "You have the game." I'd reply, "It's not the game, it's the time. I don't have the time to bag a Player's iron."

@Kmaygolf stick around, hang on the forums, start some threads and your time will come!

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Congrats to the chosen. Really wish I could've won this one

What Rev said --- keep at it. Good things come to those who participate and enjoy the comraderie!

• Like 5

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well, another record for applications (>1,000) and application thread hits (>17,000). Awesome work out there GolfSpies!!!

So after much deliberation, our selection committee is pleased to announce the following members of the MyGolfSpy Forum as being selected to test and review the new Ben Hogan PTx irons.

The testers are:

Mr_Theoo

EthanSterlingPrice

hckymeyer

3puttpaul

Undershooter30

numberonecoog

Thank you to all the Forum Members who applied, and congrats to the chosen ones. Cannot WAIT to hear what you guys have to say about the new Hogans.

And for those of you who weren't chosen - fear not! We will have more review opportunities, perhaps one as soon as later this week :rolleyes:

Awesome selections. Congrats to the group of you!
  • Like 2

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Agreed. I actually had a mini panic attack after the euforia of being chosen wore off (Snell Get Sum balls), but it is totally worth it! You get to try out a great product, and you end up learning a ton about things you might not have thought would be part of the process. Feedback and validation are nice, too...😉

• Like 2

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Congrats to the testers, am looking forward to reading these reviews!!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

Ping G30 5I - PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I don't think there's been a review I've wanted to do more than this one!  Congratulations to the "winners," looking forward to the results.  

If they play half as good as they look I may have to break the piggy bank!

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Hmm... Lets see, who would a company rather give $1000 worth of a equipment to? Some rando who can't even bother to take 30 seconds and put up a profile pic/ be part of the community by occasionally posting or members who not only submit their own reviews and make contributions. Personally if its my money I'm never giving someone equipment who refers to a REVIEW OPPORTUNITY as a giveaway.

To expect to get chosen with 5 posts (all of which are in test applications) is about the most asinine, narcissistic thing I've ever scene.

You don't just get handed all this stuff and walk away (which you probably would, which is why you weren't picked). Now that we've been selected we have to do ACTUAL work and put these things through the wringer and do a write up about what we think of them.

Do you know how many testing opportunities I've put my name into? Take a guess because its a hell of alot more than 5. I never got selected to review anything through probably my first 15 requests and I was an actual participating member of the community. Did I take it personally? No. Hell I don't even submit my name anymore unless its something I really wanna test, purely bc I want to give others the chance to get to review something that may help their game.

You need to have an attitude check and come live in the real world. Put in the time/ make contributions and opportunities will present themselves.

Agreed. When I first joined, I signed up for every testing opportunity that came through, just to give everything a shot. I stopped that habit, started a few threads, and was lucky enough to be chosen to review the Snell Get Sum ball. Because of that opportunity, I'm pretty sure I've found a new ball.

In the future, I'll focus on only applying for the products I truly want to try and keep participating in the community, which has been a blast to be a part of. Even if I'm never chosen again, the input of my "fellow spies" has been more than worth it.

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Congrats guys! These seem like game changers. Love the idea of stamping the loft on the club.

I'll be curious to see if these are really "game improvement" or not. They look beautiful! Have fun.

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Wow! Can't believe it! Thanks so much and I can't wait to test these and provide my feedback!

Have fun Paul! Represent Franklin well!! 👍

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Congrats to the chosen testers. These look really interesting, so very much looking forward to what people think of them.

As someone who has been chosen to do a review, it certainly isn't a giveaway. I think the vast majority of testers put a significant amount of time, thought and effort into their reviews.  The range of reviewers is great and makes this site stand out from all others.

These irons would have been something I would have loved to review, but I would struggle to give the process the time it needs and deserves.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy